Chapter 2

Can’t Let You Go

Nino went outside of the room. He found Jun sitting on the chairs near the room. As he walked towards his friend, Jun spotted him. As Jun saw that he was crying, Jun showed his concern.

“What happened?” Jun asked as Nino sat down beside him.

Nino shook his head. He kept quiet and cried silently. His whole body trembled as he tried to stop his pain from overtaking his thoughts. His muffled cries made his tears fall even more.

Jun tried to comfort his friend by hugging him. Nino seemed like a little boy that had lost his favorite toy. In the process, Jun whispered to him, “Tell me what happened, Nino.”

Nino sighed heavily. Trying to sound strong, he stated, “He can’t remember me.”

 

~***~

 

“You can stay here with me for a while,” Jun said as he threw a clean shirt and shorts for Nino to change into.

Nino was sitting on Jun’s couch, drinking a warm chocolate. He was trying to calm his senses with Jun’s help. “Thank you, Matsujun.”

Jun had insisted that Nino stay with him while he still didn’t have the means to rent an apartment. He knew that Nino needed someone to comfort him and give him strength in the circumstances.

Jun sniggered, “You have to pay me up after this.”

Nino smiled. “Alright.”

Jun sat down on the right side of Nino. Jun ruffled Nino’s hair. “I know that it’s harder for you since you love him more than I do but, we’ll do what it takes for him to remember.”

Jun asked Nino if he was comfortable in sleeping on the couch or if he would prefer the bed. Nino declined, and said, "I don't want to intrude your space. I'm fine here."

 

"Alright. If that's what you want."

Jun was about to go into his room when he thought of something. He looked back and asked, "Do you need anything?"

Nino sneered. "Do you still have my DS?"

Jun laughed. He felt glad that his friend was being his usual self again. "Yup. I'll get it for you."

Jun left Nino for a while as he went to fetch the game console that he borrowed the other day, from his room. He searched in his drawers, forgetting where he placed it. He got it from one of his underwear drawers. Amused in himself, he thought, Why I put it there, I wonder.

Jun tossed the game console to Nino who caught it immediately. "Found it in one of my drawers."

Nino suppressed a giggle. "Thanks. I couldn't enjoy my stay here without this."

Nino was about to lie down on the couch when he suddenly asked, "Do you have a spare blanket? Your air-con is too low. I might catch a cold. You know," Nino hugged himself, "I get sick easily with you."

Jun laughed. "There are some blankets in one of the cabinets in my room. Can you just come with me? It's a bit irritating to come back here again."

Nino followed Jun with a scowl. The younger man gave him the blanket and he went back to the living room alone.

The silence was terrifying. Nino wasn't used to quiet places and Jun's cleanliness also bothered him a bit. However, he knew that he had no choice and Jun was the only friend that he really trusted. Nino felt lucky to have a friend like him. He even considered Jun as a younger brother.

 

~***~

 

The next day, Jun visited Satoshi in the hospital. He brought some fruits with him, since he didn’t have any ideas on what to bring his friend.

“Hi,” Jun greeted as he entered the room.

Satoshi was watching the fishing channel when Jun knocked. He had switched off the television when the younger man came in. Jun was wearing a glittery purple vest on top of a simple black shirt.

He eyed the new comer with curiosity. He felt that he knew the man but he couldn’t remember. His memories were still foggy and when he thought too much, his head hurt.

“Hi,” Satoshi greeted back.

Jun gave the basket of fruits to Satoshi. “Here are some fruits from me and Nino.”

“Nino?” Satoshi inquired. “Is he the one that hugged me yesterday?”

Jun smiled and sat down on the chair beside the bed. “Yes. He’s Nino.”

“Sorry, I don’t wish to be rude,” Satoshi said, “but who are you?”

“I’m Jun,” the other replied, “We met at the bookstore where I worked before. I’m an actor now.”

Satoshi pondered this. He nodded a couple of times, trying to understand. “And, what about Nino?”

“What do you think?” Jun asked back.

Satoshi looked somber. He knew that he really was very close to the person. The face seemed familiar as if they shared a wonderful relationship yet, he couldn’t recall anything about him.

“I don’t know.”

Jun sighed. “You should ask him that.”

“But I have no memories whatsoever about us together,” Satoshi replied sadly.

Suddenly, Jun’s cell phone rang. “Excuse me, I have to take this. See you later.”

Jun exited the room and answered the call, leaving Satoshi with his thoughts.

 

~***~

 

“Satoshi! Satoshi!” Nino called to Satoshi.

They were on a small yacht in the middle of the ocean. Wearing orange life vests, the two were equipped with fishing rods.

“What is it?” Satoshi asked.

“I just caught a big one!” Nino screamed, trying to overpower the sound of the waves, as he hauled the big catch.

“That’s wonderful!”

“We can have a fire later and we can eat it before we go home,” Nino said, feeling impressed with himself.

“That’s a great idea.”

 

~***~

Satoshi woke up from the dream as he heard a loud knock.

“Come in,” Satoshi invited.

Nino entered the room. He brought a book that he just bought from the bookstore. He knew that his lover would like the one that he just got. It was all about fishing.

“How are you?” Nino asked as he reached out to touch his lover’s hand.

Satoshi stiffened at the touch but decided not to take it away. He already felt bad about Nino crying and he didn’t want it to happen again. “I’m getting better, thanks.”

“That’s wonderful,” Nino said. Taking his hand away, he sat down on the chair next to the bed. “I brought you a book. I thought you might like it.”

He handed the book to Satoshi and studied his lover’s reaction. At first, Satoshi seemed a bit nonchalant but then it gave way. He saw that Satoshi smiled and this made his heart leap with excitement.

“Thank you,” Satoshi said. “How did you know that I liked fishing?”

Nino looked down on his hands that were sitting on his lap. “You took me to fishing for our first date.

Satoshi’s blood was drained from his face. “Did you catch a big fish then?”

Nino abruptly looked up to Satoshi’s face. “How did you know that?”

“I think I just dreamed about it earlier before you came,” Satoshi replied.

 

TBC

~~~

A/N: Whew! That was hard to write! The suspense is killing me!

I really hope that Satoshi will remember Nino already. What about you? What do you want to happen next? I am really looking forward to your comments! ^^

Watch for the next chapter. I’m not sure yet but I think it’s gonna be the last one for this series, too.