9: The Closeness

Unreachable You

Your pov:

The next moment when I woke up, I stared at the unfamiliar yet familiar ceiling. “Ouch, why is my bed…” I sit up and realized I’m at the practice room. *Why am I here?* I turned and saw Sehun in deep sleep. *OH, the rehearsal… Then, I slept in the car. Aish, idiot me.* I hit my head lightly. I went to the toilet to wash my face and rinse my mouth. After that, I got 2 cups of warm water for me and Sehun.

“Sehun, wake up.” I shook him and whispered. “Hmm.” He tossed a bit in the sitting position. “You know…” he said in his dream words. Then before I could react, he hugged me tightly. “Yah, Sehun! Wake up!” I raised my voice.

“Omo!” He opened his eyes and our eyes meet. Our faces are just inches away. I studied his face, his nose and his lips. “MIANHAE!” He immediately released his hug. “Gwenchana…” I rubbed at the back of my neck feeling embarrassed.

“Here’s… a cup of warm water… Drink before you go back to your dorm.” I stuttered in between words. He nodded and took the cup away from my grab and gulped it in one shot. “Thanks for it.” He stood up and left.

*Dugeun, dugeun.* I placed my hands on my chest. *My heart is beating so quickly.* everything keeps refreshing in my mind especially when our eyes meet.

“Jaeyi, you are here so early? And you didn’t change…?” my instructor asked as he entered. *Damn…* I shut my eyes tightly before speaking. “Oh yeah. I did. I just have the same clothes.” I lied. “Let’s start practicing with you first. EXO will be coming soon.” He continued.

*Does it have to be today that my scheduled will be practicing with them?* For once, I’m not looking forward to it because of the awkwardness with Sehun.

Sehun’s pov:

Our faces were so close just now. I keep thinking while on the way to the dorm.

“Sehun ah, did you not come back last night or you went out early in the morning?” Suho asked. “Ah… I went out for a walk nearby just now.” I lied. “Then, you did not disguise yourself?” he continued. “No, I only went to the company to walk around and came back. So, I doubt there is a need for that.” I smiled forcefully to him and quickly went back to my room to change.

My mind was exceptionally not in right state for the day and the hyungs are finding me weird. When we reached the practice room that we are suppose to go, I saw Jaeyi practicing with the instructor.

“Annyeong!” Baekhyun greeted happily to Jaeyi. “So early today?” Luhan asked and Jaeyi just nodded her head. When our eyes meet again, we would try to avoid it. Finally we started practicing. I focus myself on the dance steps to make it perfect and not make my mind wander off.

Suddenly, I accidentally bumped into Jaeyi which allows our arms to brush against each other. I quickly took away my arms and started blushing. *Why is it that there are so much interactions with her today!* I shut my eyes tightly but still dancing accordingly to the song.

“Let’s take a break!” the instructor called and we went to take our water bottle to hydrate ourselves.

As usual, we would sit in circle and chat with each other. “Oh, Jaeyi. Isn’t the clothes you are wearing the same as last night?” Luhan saw and commented. “I have the similar clothes. So in coincidence and I’ve forgotten that I wore the same pattern of shirt last night.” She answered. *Good answer.* I smile to myself as I did not expect that she would say this.

“Jaeyi, do you know something? Our maknae is not in the right state of mind for the whole day. I’ve no idea what’s going on with him.” I stared at Chanyeol hyung who is making the comment. Jaeyi could only just chuckle and she knows the reason to it.

Narrator

After the break, EXO and you continued practicing. The practice went smoothly and it ended at 3pm. You do not have any more schedules after the dance so you decided to go back to the dorm and have a bath.

“Why didn’t you come back yesterday?” Your dorm-mate asked. You just smiled back to her not knowing what to reply and straight went into the bathroom. You still thought about the closeness you have with Sehun in the morning. Both of your faces were just inches away. Any more movements from both of you can result in a kiss. That is how close both of you were.

When you stepped out of the bathroom after you are done, you went back into your room to practice singing on your own. You scroll through your playlist on your phone and saw the Chinese song cover by Luhan.

*I let you go. (我让你走了)* you pressed the song and started singing to it. Although you have some difficulty singing to it, but you will still try your best to make it in tune. After finishing the song, you continued to singing, ‘Open arms’. Everything you practiced was link to EXO but luckily, the incident in the morning did not bother your mind anymore for the day.

During the evening, you decided to go out to buy yourself dinner. As you passed by SM Entertainment (Your dorm building is next to the entertainment), EXO came out too. Your heart started beating fast again.

“Hey! Good to see you again!” Chanyeol went over you and sling his arms over. “I’m not wearing any hoodie and do not have any mask if you notice. So, if you want to create rumours, you can continue doing this.” You said it sarcastically which makes the rest laugh. “Tsk hyung. Move away.” Sehun said and took out the hoodie he is wearing and make you wear it. “Won’t you feel cold?” you asked worriedly. He shook his head and lowered himself down to your eye-level. Once again, your face is a few inches away. He took out his mask from his pocket and hooks the mask behind your ears. “There you go. We can have dinner together again!” Sehun said happily and sling his arms over your neck. While you were on the way going for dinner, you keep asking yourself whether you are in love with Sehun.

When EXO and you reached the place that you all have decided on, you sat beside Sehun. You were eating inhumanly as you did not have lunch for the day. And this can consider your first meal. “Eat slowly. If not you will choke.” While saying this sentence, Sehun picked ingredients and put on your bowl again. “This maknae, aish!” Chanyeol saw it again and you chuckled at him.

“Jaeyi, there’s sauce on the side of your lips.” D.O said as he was sitting opposite you. “Where?” you tried to use your tongue to wipe it off. “Aish, you babo.” Sehun said in a slightly angry tone and wipe it away for you with his thumb. You were stunned and freeze in your position. Sehun then waved his hands. “Are you okay?” he asked. You quickly come back to your sense and nodded your head.

*Aish, all in one day.* You thought.


Sorry for the late update!

Just to let you know, I may not be updating tomorrow. Depending on how tired I will be. Because I will be out with my family! ^^

Hope you like this chapter the closeness between you and Sehun. Hehe. 

Remember to subscribe if you like it and comment for improvement I should make! (: