AGE 25

One and Only

CHAPTER 4: AGE 25
Han and I are still together and I was wrong. I wasn't a rebound and he truly loves me. We both finished our degree. Han is a pilot and I became a journalist. After work, I was waiting for him in the lobby but instead, I got a call. "Hey" I said "sulli, can you do me a favor and go to Namsan tower?" Was he crazy? Why would I go there? But I couldn't say no to him. "Alright, sure" 
I made my way to the tower and once I was there, it was soo dark. I couldn't see anything until thousands of lights just sparked up and Han was infront of me. "Han?" He flashed a smile and knelt down with a ring in front of me. " Choi Sulli, the lonely girl I met in the swings crying over her ripped notebook at age twelve. I broke her heart at age fifteen, yet she mended mine at age 18. We've been together for 7 years and I realized I want to be with you forever. Choi Sulli, will you marry me?" I was speechless for a while and tears came rolling down. I shouted " Yes! I want to spend my whole life with you!" Han stood up and he kissed me. After the kiss, fireworks lit up the sky and it was the happiest day of my life. 
Han has a flight today and I just felt like seeing him off. We were at the airport and it was time for him to go. "I can't wait for our wedding." He said. The wedding was set and in 3 days, we were getting married. " me too. So hurry up and go back immediately." He saluted me as if I was a police officer. I hugged him for so long and it just felt so weird. " I'll be back in 2 days. I love you!" He planted a soft kiss on my lips and I said " I love you too!" I waited for his plane to take off before going home. 
I was sitting on my desk in the office, working on the new article that was due for next week's newspaper. I was at peace when one of my fellow journalists, Krystal came in and shouted " new story guys! The Korean Air that was bound for Thailand crashed." Thailand? Isn't that the destination of Han's plane? And Korean Air? That's the airline Han is working for. "What? Krystal! What's the flight number?" I asked in a hurry. " uhm, it's the flight that took off at 7am" it was Han's plane. "Do you know if there were survivors?" She thought for a moment and said " uhm there is no report on that yet, I'll let you know when I get one" " okay thank you." She nodded and left to her desk. After work, I went straight home and Mr and Mrs Lu were in my house. "Sulli! I'm pretty sure you already know what happened. The police called us and asked if we can come to the station. They already got some bodies. Would you like to come with us?" Mrs Lu asked me. " yes" I said.
When we got to the station, the police officer was already waiting for us in front. " I believe your son is the captain, Mr Lu Han?" Han's parents nodded quickly. " My condolences Mr and Mrs Lu. Mr Lu Han's body is inside. He died in the crash. His face is still recognizable. He was the first body we got." Mrs Lu bursted tears and Mr Lu was hugging her. When the police told us Han has died, my legs felt weak and I knelt to the ground. I cried slowly and I remembered everything I've done with Han. Just how cruel is the world to get my best friend? He's the only person I love and yet he was taken away from me. 
Burying Han was so hard for me. I had to say goodbye. I was crying non stop and everyone was comforting me. "Sulli, dear can we talk?" Mrs Lu asked me. "Of course" I said. We sat in one corner and she held my hand. " sulli, I would like to thank you for loving my son. I know it's hard and we'll always be here for you." I wiped my tears away and said " Han is the only guy I ever loved. I will never leave him." Mrs Lu hugged me and I continue to cry. I feel so helpless and sad. There are so many people in this world. Just why did it have to be Han?