A Recreation

Blades of Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]CHAPTER 1[/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2]A RECREATION[/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID3]To the lives that are blossoming. To the youth whom are living. To the ungrateful who feel discontent. This is a world where real terror resides. Where real emotions cluster. Where real tears shed. This is 2073.

Grey swirls of clouds hung over swollen branches, remaining stationary in the air as if it recognized the mourning of the nation's long deceased lord.

"And now, we shall end the 38th anniversary of our Late Lord; Itchiro Otani."

Heavy heads clothed in white ribbons dropped at the sight of the young smiling portrait of the crown prince as it radiated towards the rising sun. This event had become part of Japan's tradition for a near four decades since the short-lived yet massive tragedy of the Mass Assassination in 2035.

Held on a deserted land surrounded by mother nature, the countless men who were lined and collected stood frozen in time. The modern soldiers relied on traditional swords and weaponry; their armor stitched with cattle leather and lined with steel chains and spikes. Towards the front stood an aged nobleman dressed in a grey garment, patterned in undecipherable symbols. It was clear that he held great power in the event; his violent nature shown by the word 'War' secretly stitched on the edge of his sleeves.

"Any last words for the closing ceremony?" the nobleman asked with a clear intention in mind.

Endless rows of mobilized men stood in infallible silence with their forearms crossed back, unwilling speak as they payed homage, or perhaps, out of fear of their cunning leader starring down at them.

"Katsura Toshi, perhaps you as our Late Lord's disciple would have something to share," he smirked. "Or should I say, as the master of the Michi No Katsura?"

The silent crowd jerked back to life as boundless of heads rose up in confusion.

"Wait, what did he say? The Michi No Katsura?"

"What? They're still alive? Wasn't the clan wiped out during the Mass Assassination? I guess those were just rumors then."

"Really? This is amazing. I've always wanted to meet them!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter