How It Should Have Been

How It Should Have Been

Sooyoung Pov

“Guys Jessica will be leaving SNSD.” Our CEO suddenly announced as we boarded the plane. Everyone stared blankly at him, I stared at him waiting as if he would say he was lying, but he didn’t say anything more all he showed a smirk as he sat down “Sorry, I gave her an option to choose one, but you guys must have not been that important to her. Its not like she was a great singer or a good dancer anyways.” 

The next second was a blur. I somehow ended up with my hands gripping onto his shirt collar, “Yah! Tell me your ing lying!” I yelled. Everyone shouted my name but it just made me grip harder. He chuckled almost mockingly “I dont joke, so do you want to test me? I suggest you let go Sooyoung, or you could be the next one to leave.” I clenched my teeth together as my heart pounded. “Talk about her again that way in front of me again, and I swear...” He cut me off “Swear what?! You better sit down right now unless you want me to kick you off the plane.” My members stood up to grab me, “Sooyoung, its okay well figure it out. Well figure it out.” Some of them were in tears and some were just as angry as I was as we stared into our CEO’s eyes. “Better start listening to me Sooyoung. Jessica didnt.” This time I bit my lip, holding back all I could. My members held my fist that were clenched so tight together. 

I watched my members as they teared up silently. I grabbed my phone and texted Jessica, ”Hang in there, we wont let them get away with it.” We cant let them get away with something like this.“Jessica.” I mumbled as my eyes began to fill up with tears threatening to come out. I held them back, I wont...I wont let myself cry because this isnt real. I refuse to believe it. 

As we were landing the jerk finally turned around to face us. “The fans know about it already and I spoke to Jessica this morning. You guys will not answer the fans questions and you guys are not allowed to speak to Jessica, yet anyways.” 

Everyone had been pretty numb to all the emotions that hit us like a tidal wave. We put on our sunglasses, a secret way to tell Jessica where ever she is that we support her. I braced myself for the tons of cameras that would be waiting outside. Everyone inhaled deeply. We walked out of the plane to the airport into the sea of people with flashing cameras. I looked at them as I watched their wondering eyes look for Jessica. She’s not here...yet. Just hang in there guys. We’re trying our best too. 

We barely made it out the airport without breaking down. Once we got into the car, everyone began to cry. “Did you see the look on their faces....” Tiffany said sadly. “We all did Tiff.” I said. The CEO managed to just look outside the window not giving a care in the world about us. I checked my phone.  “I’m so sorry guys.” I saw a text from Jessica. “Whatever the CEO told you it isnt true. I wanted to be with you guys.” I held onto my phone. “Its not your fault Sica...”

The fanmeet was an emotional rollercoaster. How couldnt it be with all the fans shouting Jessica’s name...singer her parts...seeing the “J” lightsticks....they know its not the same without her and we all did to. We just have to put on a brave face for you guys. We cant let you see us breakdown...we cant because its not over yet. We promised to be 9, we will stay 9. 

After the end of the show, something caught my eye. A girl I couldnt quite see her face because a light red scarf had covered the bottom half of it.  But she held up a sign that said “SOSHIBOND! I’ll support you no matter what!” and the other hand she held a J lightstick. I looked at her and she waved, my hand automatically reacted as it waved back. After the show ended I saw a text from Jessica.

Jessica: I miss you guys. Stay strong ok Sooyoungie? Tell the other girls too...

Sooyoung: We all miss you too. It was hard without you.

Jessica: Im sorry

Sooyoung: Stop...its not your fault Sica-ah.

Jessica: Sooyoungie...

Sooyoung: What is it Sica?

Jessica: I feel alone. Im not allowed to see you guys.

Sooyoung: Where are you? 

Jessica texted me her location. She’s here...she tried to make it to the fanmeet but then she found out she had been kicked out. I sighed and then I looked at the girls. “Guys Jessica is here. We need to go see her.” 

All of them agreed and we went to her hotel room to surprise her. We went up the elevator to her room and each second my heart was pounding harder. As if I could suddenly feel all the hurt she had been feeling. We knocked on her door. It swung open and I saw her. Her cheek stained with her tears which had dried, her puffy eyes. She was broken. 

We all wrapped our arms around her instantly and we all just cried together in the middle of the hallway not giving a care in the world who saw us. After about 5 minutes, we went inside her room. She told us everything about the CEO forcing her out of SNSD. There was a moment of silence as we all just stared at each other. Jessica tried to turn on the TV to lighten the mood but all that was on was the news about our group. She quickly turned it off. 

I slowly felt my eyes shutting as I stared at the chair Jessica was sitting on, and before I drift off I smiled to myself looking at the chair. I felt someone’s hand against my cheek caressing it, that touch I know it anywhere. Its Jessica. I grabbed her hand and smiled without opening my eyes. “Where did the girls go?” She spoke softly. “They left, they asked to wake you up but I told them I would take you back.” I hummed in response. 

I felt her thumb trace the bridge of my nose. “So I heard what you did to the CEO.” I finally opened my eyes to see that her eyes began to water again. I got up and wrapped my arms around her. “Why are you crying?” She sighed. “Dont risk doing that again Sooyoung. You know that the CEO is capable of anything.” I hugged her. “Am I suppose to sit there and let him take you away?” She chuckled. “Maybe it would have been better if a scandal about us finally came out.” 
I laughed. “The world would go crazy. But it I have to see Tyler Kwon rumors. Its cool he’s a good guy so I dont mind.” 

“You know he’s just a friend.” She chuckled. “I know, I know I was just saying. I kissed her forehead. I love you.” I whispered against it. Thats right...Sica and I had been secretly dating for almost a year now. No one but the girls knew. They were happy about it, love is love and you cant help who it goes to or when it happens. 

She snuggled against my neck, “I love you too.” 

I then remembered as I looked at the red scarf sitting on the chair, the same one as the girl I had seen at the fanmeet. “So when were you going to tell us that you came to cheer us on?” she looked confusedly at me, “What?” I pointed to her scarf. “Ah man! I forgot to hide that.” She laughed to herself. “I knew that girl looked familiar.” She poked my side, “Why? Were you attracted to her? Keke.” I teased as I poked her back, “Hmmm a little bit yeah. She was totally cute.” 

“I’ll always support you guys even if I’m not there with you." She smiled. We laid on the couch and I watched her drift off to sleep as I held her tightly in my arms. “I wont let them get away with it okay?” I whispered. 

The next morning I slightly moved without waking Jessica and I left her a note. “Good Morning Beautiful, I’ll see you later okay? I have some things to take care of.” 

I didnt know what I was doing or where I was going but I ended up at the SM Building as I walked inside. It was like someone else was in control of my body. I was in front of the CEO’s door as I was pacing back in forth thinking of what to say until someone came towards me, I started to walk away until I saw them go into his room. 

Out of curiosity, I opened the door slightly cracking it as I listened. 

“I saw the news. Great job. SM will slowly come down now and its all thanks to us.” I pulled my phone out and clicked record as I tried to angle it towards the two. 

“I know, everythings going great. Lee Soo man is such a naive person.” 

“Don’t worry, soon SM will lose all their profits and the idols will want a new company, and who’s company will that be?” 

“Our company.” 

“I still dont get how you managed to kick an SNSD member out.” 

“It was easy. All I had to do was threaten her with the group.” 

I clicked end on the video and went to the elevator all the way to the top of the building as I walked to Lee Soo man’s office. 

“Sooyoung, what is it?”

“I have something to show you.” I said as I clicked play. 

“Well, thats not good at all now is it?” He cleared his throat as he called the CEO to his office. 

Once he arrived he saw me and raised an eyebrow. “Why is she here?”

“Tell me why it is that you kicked Jessica out?”

“She wanted to do her fashion label, and Snsd so I told her to choose.” 

“I see thats not what you told me yesterday. You told me she wanted to do only the fashion label.”

“I--uh did--I...” He began to jumble his words.

“Did you threaten her or any of the members?”

“NO SIR!” He waved his hands in front of him. 

“Sooyoung can I see what you showed me again?” He called me over. I pulled my phone out as I looked into the CEO’s eyes as I clicked the playback button. 

He heard his voice and the other persons voice. 

“I still dont get how you managed to kick an SNSD member out.” 

“It was easy. All I had to do was threaten her with the group.” 

“I can explain!” He shouted. 

“Theres no time for that. Im sorry. You can either choose to walk out or you can choose to be dragged out.” Lee Soo man spoke as we looked at him. 

“GAH!! YOU! YOU RUINED MY PLAN! THIS PLACE WAS SUPPOSE TO GO TO THE GROUND WITH ALL THE RUMORS AND SCANDALS!” He stormed out of the office. 

Lee Sooman sighed. “Who’s going to be the CEO now?” I asked. 

“I have someone in mind” He smiled as he called Sunny’s Uncle into the office. 


I drove back to Jessica’s hotel. I heard her talking to Lee Sooman on the phone and I could tell she was in tears. “Thank you! Thank you! I will go see the girls and let them know.” I smiled hearing her. “Wait who did what?” She said. “Sooyoung did that?” “Okay I have to go.” I heard her footsteps getting louder as the door swung open and I saw her smile the one I wanted to see again ever since all the chaos. 

“YOU!” She shouted as she leaped into my arms and sobbed. “You! You! Your so-” I pulled away and held her face as I kissed her deeply then I pulled out. 

“Shhh, I know I know.” I chuckled. “Come on the girls are probably at the airport getting ready for the next fanmeet.” I entwined my hands with hers and I ran to the cab as we drove off. 

Once we got to the airport we ran together through the crowd still hand in hand, looking for the other 7. 

ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE AIRPORT

All the girls were looking at their phones and trying to get a hold of Sooyoung when Seohyun shouted “WHAT!?” All the girls looked at her as she showed them her phone which read. “CEO of SM fired today by Lee Sooman. Girl Generation are back as 9!” 

BACK TO SOOYOUNG POV

“THERE THEY ARE!” I shouted to Jessica. “GIRLS!!!” We yelled. They must have got the news cause all their faces lit up as they ran to us! As we ran towards each other, arms entangling with one another as we hug it all out and cry. Everyone in the airport shouted and cheered. “SNSD! SNSD! OT9 OT9!” We smiled and wiped out tears not letting go of one another. “Hear that guys.” Taeyeon said. “OT9! Forever!” We all shouted!