Final

Mental Breakdown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       Hanbin meets Jiwon for the first time when the CEO introduces the younger male to the two new males, one name Bobby and the other named Jinhwan. Both males are older than him. Hanbin doesn’t know how to act around them, because it has only been him in the practice room. He introduces himself to the two males.          

When Bobby puts his hand out for a handshake, Hanbin looks at him with a confused expression. He doesn’t know what the elder man wants from him. Bobby tells him to shake his hand. The smaller male hesitantly shakes the elder male’s hand. 

“You okay?” Bobby asked.

“Yeah,” the younger male said.

“Jiwon, don’t be mean to him,” Jinhwan stated.

“I’m not being mean to him,” Bobby said.

“Jiwon?” Hanbin questioned.

“It’s my real name,” said Bobby.

          Hanbin hums in response. He wonders if the two know how to dance. He wants to ask, but doesn’t in the end. The younger male ends up showing then the dance routine that he has been working on earlier.  Jiwon and Jinhwan clap for him.  He shyly smiles. Jiwon places an arm around his shoulders and drags him to bench, so the younger can take a break. He has no choice, but to listen to the elder male.

          The younger male stays behind while Jinhwan and Jiwon go back to the dorm. He turns on the music and starts dancing again. He feels at ease dancing. He feels like nothing really mattered to him. He takes his hat off and tosses it to the ground. His rusty colored hair falls flat against his forehead, soaked with sweat.

          He wants this more than anything. He wants to stand on stage and perform. His chest heaves up and down. His whole body aches. The music replays as he lies on the floor. He has no energy to get up.  Hanbin hears the door open. Jiwon walks into the practice room. The brunette male turns the music off and sits beside him.

“Are you ready to come home?” Jiwon asked.

“No, I still have to practice,” Hanbin answered.

“You’ve practiced enough,” the elder said.

“No, I haven’t. I haven’t practiced enough. I have to keep practicing,” the smaller said.

          Hanbin’s breathing has evened out. He lies there, staring at the ceiling. He doesn’t think Jiwon understands what it is like to want something so bad. Jiwon clears his throat.

“I left home to be a rapper. My family is back in America. I left them because I want to chase my dreams. I want to make them proud of me. I want to build my mother a house here,” Jiwon stated.

“Are you sad?” Hanbin asked.

“At first I was sad,” the brunette said.

“Was she sad?” the younger questioned.

“Yeah, she was,” the elder said softly.

“I want this more than anything. I want to stand on the stage and perform. I want this,” Hanbin whispered.

“It’s passed one in the morning, Hanbin. I think it’s time to go back,” Jiwon insisted.

          Hanbin gets off the floor and grabs his things. Jiwon helps him lock up. He turns the lights out as he leaves. The door closes quietly, and the two of them are walking down the hall. Neither of them says a word. Hanbin enjoys the silence. He can feel Jiwon that the elder male doesn’t like the silence.

“Are you tired?” Jiwon asked.

“Not really, I’m fine,” Hanbin said.

          T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter