Burn

The Rotten Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“As of 2013, it was counted that there are more than ten thousand hybrids in the world,” the history teacher, Mr. Yoon, explained to the pureblood class. “It has increased drastically over the decade.”

 

Soojin sat lazily at the back of the room while staring out the window as she tried to black out the lecturer’s voice. It was the last block before the school ends, but it didn’t help that she had to sit through her most hated subject.

 

“That’s why we should just kill all those good-for-nothing disgusting bastards,” one presumptuous, arrogant student snorted. His name was Lee Hyunseok.

 

To purebloods, hybrids were shunned, degraded just for the mere reason that they don’t carry a pure vampire blood. Instead, they were mixed with the vile human blood. They were deemed useless for the fact that, unlike the purebloods, they carry no gifted powers.

 

While the purebloods lived in gluttony, the hybrids lived in poverty. While the purebloods lived in the heart of the city, the hybrids settled in the outskirts of the city filled with rundown houses. All because they were hybrids: the disgrace of the vampire society.

 

Soojin’s head snapped at the statement, and her head boiled in anger at the audacity of her dumb classmate, but she remained calm. With her hand tucked on her skirt’s pocket and her back leaned idly against the chair, she nonchalantly said, “You don’t really want that.”

 

Everyone in the class was shocked to hear that voice, which made them all look behind them. Soojin was not very talkative nor was she friendly, so her voice was unheard of by everyone. She is The Ice Princess as everyone called her.

 

Hyunseok gave a smug smirk, “I’d gladly volunteer to be in the front line.”

 

“Then tell me who will do all the dirty work your sorry refuse to do? Will you start scrubbing your house's floor? Will you volunteer to be my maid as well?” She asked with a tilt of her head. “Tell me, because I can certainly arrange that for you.”

 

A whistle from a student was heard before everyone in the class oohed at her response. She just degraded someone lower than her the same way he did the hybrids, and she wasn’t all that fond of it.

 

“Okay, that’s enough,” Mr. Yoon smacked the book on the table to get everybody’s attention. “Let’s get back to work.”

 

Cursing in class and disrespecting a student? Soojin would’ve been punished, but what can a mere teacher do to her? He could be vanished without her even saying anything.

 

~

 

Everyone packed and raced to the door as soon as the bell rang. Soojin leisurely got up her chair while everyone was already out the door only to be blocked by a shadow in front of her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter