Crimson

Crimson

     Smoke swings in tendrils to the sweet, slow melody of a saxophone playing smoothly, it's notes pounding into the walls like darts.  Kim Minseok's breath is laced with a faint cloud of smoke leftover from his cigar as he slumps against the hard bricks of the wall, as if weighed down by the jewels pooling at his finger tips.  His face, tilted upwards towards the unsteady hot glow of the ceiling lights, is half painted with shadows.
     A soft, faltering breathe plays dangerously in Minseok's ear, dancing sensually on it's surface and carrying the heaviness of hard liquor.  Wet kisses adorn Minseok's neck, a palette on which is mixed notes pulled easily from the sax, sweet smoke, and the sickly perfume of blood and crimson roses.  Minseok feels his necktie constrict and grow tight around his throat as Luhan's delicate fingers pull the black satin.  His breath comes quick and light, his eyelids fluttering shut, while music pours in waves of 3:4 into the stifling room and rolls over their bodies pressed against white brick.
     "Luhan," Minseok breathes, his eyelids closed to reality that makes itself more present with each kiss on his tear stained neck.  His voice grows with the swelling of the saxophone and bang, bang the notes strike and bury themselves in the walls like bullets from a shotgun.  "God damn it Luhan."  His fingers kiss the cold metal of a familiar gun sheathed beneath expensive silks and thousand dollar cuff links.  "God damn it." he repeats, drawing the weapon from his under coat as if it were of glass.
     The diapason quiets and instead rushes the song of jewels falling along a hilt of a gun.
     Minseok forces Luhan against the hard white bricks of the wall, knocking the remaining breath from his body, and pins his arms helpless with the fore of one of his own.  Luhan is left gasping for air and inhales only the traces of smoke from Minseok's own breath.
     "You were so ing pretty, too."
     
     bang.

     Luhan beats the ground with his falling body and the floorboards drink his blood like Château Margaux.  Minseok's jeweled fingers dance the stem of a rose and draw it from his lapel.  He places carefully the floret on the body of his lover lying in eternal repose. The petals muddle with red and Luhan, too, is stained in the sickly perfume of blood and crimson roses.