oneshot

My pet

10 years ago,

 

I were extremely excited since that was the first time i am going to camping with my girl's scout..mom was protesting at first,but dad had convince her that i am going to be fine and let me learn to be independent. She start to pack all sort of things for me as if i am going to live in the wood forever.. She repeated over and over again for me not to be naughty and always stay in the group.

 

if only i pay attention to her advised..

 

The wood  are really something that is new for someone who always stay at home like me. Everything seem beautiful and eye catching view..

 

A few minute walking, finally we arrived at the camp side.. There was a river near to the camp side..The teachers advised us not to play to near to the river.. But the water was so crystal-clear and i never seen one before.. I took baby steps until i finally near to the river bank.. I lend my hand to touch the water,but i loss my balance and fell into the river.. I never knew how to swim because mom never took me to swimming lesson because she did not trust the couch.. She never trust anyone, dad said she is being to protective but she denied..

 

I am helpless as the wave was to strong.. The next time i knew, i woke up in the cave.. How did i got here? I am scared.. Maybe mom is true..

 

Then, i saw a flashy eyes..It coming toward me. As it getting nearer,i noticed it is a dog.. But the fur a different..The heavy coat,the brown and grey fur.. I am scared at first but it sit infront of me,and he was carrying something in his mouth, Berries..He gave it to me? He is sweet..I carefully,lead my hand toward him and pet him.. He is harmless..He my hand in return.. He remind me of my dog who recently pasts away,.His name was Kai.. Maybe i should name him kai too?

 

Kai push my body as if he wanted to show me something..What could it be,so i just followed him.. But then, other dog look the same as kai, appered from nowhere..But they do not look as friendly as kai.. He move infront of me..growling.. There other growled back and start to attact him.. I am panic,so i pick up stones and threw it to them.. They ran away,but kai was injured.. But he still continued his walk..

 

Then,i heard,someone calling my name..

 

It is them..they are looking for me...I can heard my mom worried-crying voice..I ran toward them..

 

My mom were angry at everyone.. I feel bad for everyone since it is my fault.. I left the camp early.. mom afraid something far more worse if i going to stay longer. Mom hug me so tight,i can see kai from far..He was just staring at me..thank you kai..without you,i would never reunited with my mom, I would had died from drowning..

 

The next day,mom and dad leave for work..As always..Plus it is holidays but they still working..Never bother to ask why am i alone without babysitter because the answer will be the same, mom trust no one. I always felt lonely and just playing with my piano. Piano are my one and only friend..It always comfort me with its melody.

I heard something knocking the glass door,I went to the door..I were shocked by kai who were now outside my house..Far away from the wood..He looks tired and bleeding.

I quickly feed him with my late kai’s foods but he would’t touch it..Then I tried to feed him fresh meat..He ate it well.. poor kai..he must be starving..Then, I opened my first aid and treated his wounded leg..He came all the way from wood just to meet me..

with his wounded left foot..

It going to leave a big scar..

I played with him till mom and dad came from work. He my face before leaving our backyard.

I wish to tell mom and dad about him but I wouldn’t dare to because mom will be upset.The next day,I wish for kai to come and visit me one more time..and he did..not just that day,but the days after to..He always come to company me.. I always played him my favourite piano music, ‘Moonlight sonata’..He would always sit still when I played him the song..Maybe he like the song too..

Two years later,my parents got divorced.. My mom got full custody of me..We moved to the new apartment.. I never met kai since then..I miss him a lot..miss his fierce  yet soulful eyes and I miss dad..

 Mom cried a lot.. She quit her job and stay at home.. 5 months later,she killed herself when I am still at school.. Dad managed to get his custody back and take me with him to seoul.

Now,

I am 18 years old..senior in high school..I am a silence person..nobody dare to talk with me,but I don’t even care about them.. they can say they hatred words,bullied or completely ignored me.. As long as I can ace my grade in school and my piano competition ,I never care about anyone. Except for my dad..he is my dearest.. he always try his best to make me smile even just for him..poor daddy.. I wish I can,but I can’t smile for everyone..

Once,the popular abroad student ,confessed his feeling toward me,his name is.. I don’t know, Xiou Lu? Luhan? Hanhan? Hunhan? every girls started to hate me because of him..But when I rejected him, they started to piss off.. saying that I am ungrateful person.. What they really want from me anyway?

one day,

the teacher enter the class and standing beside him is a man wearing school uniform,the new student of course.. He introduce himself as Kai. I startled at first because it had been a long time I had heard of the name. But it just a name..and he is a human,my kai is a dog..

but the eyes..

He walk toward me and sit next to me even though there is still plenty of sits and all the girls in class offer him to sit next to them.. I can feel their hatred eyes beaming me until as they can see through me..

This guy sits in silence as the girls crowding the table during breaks. I can’t breathe through the crowd,so I moved to the cafeteria. Eating my berries and sandwiches while listening to the music that I am going to present during the competition this friday..

As I closed my eyes to memorizing the note,I can feel someone sit next to me. Who can it be..no one ever sit next to me,in the corner table..the corner table was only for me.. on one ever wanted to sit at the deserted corner. on one but me..

I still closed my eyes, sure that person will soon be leaving,but not.. I slightly opened my eyes, and shocked.. it is that kai again..but now he is staring at me.. What do he want from me?

“___ ! You are here..” Ugh! that HanXio guy again..

“Who are you?I never see you before..are you new?” Kai just look at him blankly..

“Why are you with my girlfriend?” he seem to piss off..

“I am not your girlfriend.”I walk away but Huhan grip my wrist.. Kai stand up,stare at him with his fierce eyes.. “Let. Her. Go!” Luhan startled and let me go.

The class were over,and I went to the school garden, humming ‘moonlight sonata’ as I wait for dad to pick me up. Suddenly, I heard someone humming the same melody too.. I look back, and it is that kai. again. He sit next to me.. He must like ‘moonlight sonata’ too..just like kai..

I shook my head..it is impossible.. He is not my kai.. I just miss my kai, that’s it..

“Thanks for today.” I try to smile,but I can’t.. He look at me and smile.. He have a cute yet charming smile.. “I found you..I come to protect you..As promise..”

Did he said what? Found you?protect?promise? I never met him before. why is he taking nonsense?

“Sorry? I never meet you before…” I startled.. He my cheek! “Yah!” “Your dad come.Bye” He gone through the bushes.. I look around but there is no sign of dad.. “liar!” but then,dad arrived.

 

After the incident, that LuXiu guy never dare to talk to me. In fact, I never seen him again.Tonight will be the competition ..I practice so hard until my fingers hurt.. kai just gave me ice pack.. He always followed me around, even if I can't see him,but I can feel that he is watching me.. He does going over my nerves.. But I try to ignored him like I always do to everyone.

“Yah! ____!” What does the girls want this time? I don’t have time for this. “What have you do to our prince Xiao Luhan?” Who?oh..that is his name.. “He not as he was before! We know it is you fault!” I just look at them and leave the restroom ,but one of the girls grip my arms and throw me against the wall.. My arms and back hurt a lot.. This is too much! My eyes started to feel teary..

“Apologize!” They said..“Shouldn’t you the one who need to apologize?” The leader I assume come forward.. “Why you!” Before her hand touch me, kai came and gripped her hand so hard that it start to turn red and blue..

The scar!

This Kai have a big scar on his left hand...My kai have a scar on his front left leg. This can’t be.

She shouted for the girls back up but the girls won’t dare to as kai stare at each and every one of them..

 “Kai! stop!” he turn at you.. “They hurt you..”

“Even so,do we have to hurt them back?”

He finally let go for her.. “Are you ok?” “Who are you?No!What are you!?” Kai startled,smile.. “I am Kai..Your Kai..”

“No!My kai is a dog..”

“I am a werewolf.. I save you 10years ago..drowning.lost.berries.piano. ‘Moonlight sonata’. you are gone.. I looking over where for you..now,I found you..”

No! I can’t believe him! I ran and hoping not to see him again.

 

“Dad,I am not going to perform tonight.”

“Does it really hurt dear? Are you really fell of the steps?The bruise doesn’t look like it..” The doorbell ring. “Oh, hi kai.” Kai are standing in front of the door.. “Dad,you know him?” “Of course,he is our neighbour. He always help me when you are not around.He also help to choose the dress for you..it suit you well” I look at the white plus purple and black pattern..I am so happy when I saw the dress earlier..It is my favourite colour.. I never told anyone about my favourite colours.not even dad..anyone but my pet,kai..

“Oh!Kai..I am sorry,but it seem that my daughter can’t perform tonight.She hurt her left wrist..oh!yes! Dear,the performer can be a duet right?”

“Yes,but why?”

“Kai can help. Right Kai? You are great playing the ‘Moonlight sonata’..Remember that you played once for me? besides you both in the same school.”

“What?but dad..” “Sure,uncle..i can help.” I am speechless.

****

it is about our turn.. I am so nervous.. “Are you sure you know remember notes?”

Kai nodded.. “I watched you played it every day.”

*”next we have _____ and her duet Kai.”

I nervously look at him and sign that I will start first..Then,his parts come.. I have to said that I am amaze.. every notes are perfect.. plus,we not even practice..

 

The competition were end..and we had won the best duet and the first prize..

“Thank you Kai..Urm..Sorry..” I feel sly.. He look at me with his beautiful eyes.. “For what?”

“For not believing you..All this time you keep on telling me the truth but I keep on denying it..because this all seem…to..be..” I hesitated to continue my words. “To be unreal? I know..No body believe if there is even a werewolf right? But I can’t lose you. I looking for you all over korea until seoul. Now I found you..You have grown up..Beautiful..” He blush as he said his last word.. I am started to blush too..

“But you keep saying I am a dog..i am not a dog..i am a wolf..a werewolf..” His facial expression changed.. he pout.. Cute.. “But you are a dog to me..” “But why?”

“Because you are my pet, no one pet a wolf..” Kai stand..I though he is going to leave. does he hurt by my words? But then,he turn,hold my head with both his hands. His face are just an inch away from mine.

“But, don’t want to be your pet.”  He my lips.. I can see him blushing so much that his face turn pink. He was about to pull away but I hold his hands.. “Silly Dog.. How can I called you werewolf if you even kiss like a dog..” I pull his head toward mine and kiss him..A simple but long peck.. I pull off, as he grab my waist and pull me until there is now no space between us..He send me a deep kiss.. his lips and said, “Now am I still a pet dog to you?”