Sweet Dimple

Don't Want You to be Alone

.

 

Yixing was practicing late again.

Luhan decided on his own to go pick him up. He had no car, no bike to ride on or anything. But he thought the other would like some company to walk with.

Luhan waited at the building's back door, hoping to surprise Yixing.

When Yixing came out he jumped, surprised. Luhan was hoping to see him smile, instead the other looked too tired to smile.

When they got out on the street, the girls came running, phones held up on camera mode, and hands waving. They waved back of course. And Yixing bowed his head, as always, so politely.

They continued following them with small talks and excited giggles. Luhan was hoping this won't happen, but he knew it would anyway. At least the group was small.

Still, Yixing was quiet and expressionless, too tired to fake a smile. And all Luhan wanted was to walk with him, alone, peacefully.

Luhan even bought snacks and drinks from the convenience store so they could share as they walked. That was his other surprise. He sighed inwardly.

Up ahead there was a wide crosswalk. Luhan thought, "this was our chance".

He turned to Yixing, hoping for some eye contact, some attention. The other gave him nothing in return. Yixing's eyes were downcast, and a little gone. Luhan knew then what he had to do.

The street was clear. Yixing's hand was free at his side next to his, so Luhan grabbed it, fingers laced and gripped tightly.

Luhan made a dash across the road, round a sharp corner and turned into a narrow alleyway, the other in tow.

"L-lu-h-" Yixing said between pants. Luhan stopped him, putting a finger to the other's lips.

A few girls had actually caught up, but lost sight of them in the dark alleyway and eventually left.

In the quiet he heard Yixing breathe. "I think they're gone."

Luhan felt those words hot and moist against his fingers. He looked back at Yixing, not realizing his fingers were still on the other's lips. And that he had leaned into him, with his free hand as support against the wall behind Yixing. 

It looked like Luhan had him trapped. His fingers slipped down, brushing Yixing's plumped bottom lip, lingering long enough to feel it tremble slightly. The other's eyes widen.

Oh, no. Luhan quickly pushed himself back, hitting the wall behind him. "OW." The back of his head landed hard.

"I'm sorry," he said, rubbing the back of his head to ease the pain.

"It's okay," the other said quietly, "you wanted to get away from them."

Luhan didn't know if Yixing was just pretending or just woke up from a trance.

But Luhan knew he wasn't okay. He could only look at Yixing's lips. Even in the dim lighting, he saw them glistening, inviting. He swallowed, gulped.

"Let's get out of here," Yixing said suddenly, walking back out to the open streets. Luhan followed.

The late night streets were peaceful. So much so he could hear the grumbling noise coming from the other's stomach even as they walked.

Luhan frowned. "You skipped dinner, didn't you?"

"Um." Yixing scratched the back of his neck. "I just ate early."

"Really?" Luhan doubted, glancing over the other's recently thinned out frame.

"Here." He raised up to Yixing the white plastic bag he had been holding on to.

"What's that?" The other questioned as he took the bag.

"I stopped by the new mini mart earlier."

Yixing opened the bag, digging around inside, pulling out something.

Luhan smiled, watching the other's face beamed.

"Tea egg!?" Yixing started ripping through the plastic shrink wrapper, while Luhan took the white plastic bag again.

"I haven't had these in so long time. I remember when my grandmother use to make these during the holidays back home." Yixing took a bite. "Mmm. Not the same. But still good. You want some?" He offered the to other the half eaten egg.

Luhan looked at Yixing's face, cheeks puffed up and chubby as the other chewed. Cute.

He smiled. "No thanks," he said, taking out a bottle of green tea from the plastic bag. "Something to drink?"

Yixing took it. "Thanks."

Luhan got out a bottle of black tea for himself.

They continued walking and drinking their bottled teas in a comfortable silence for a while.

"Thanks for coming," Yixing said softly, almost shy.

Luhan turned his head towards the other. "Huh?" he said, pretending he didn't hear clearly.

Yixing stopped walking and turned to him. "I'm glad you came to walk with me." A smile lit up his face, with that sweet dimple dotting his cheek, and eyes twinkled.

Finally, this was the look Luhan was hoping to see on Yixing when he came. And he was glad that he was the reason for it.

.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

NOTE
I like seeing your comments. Just saying hi would be nice. Silent readers, I see you too. Please don't be shy.

 

 

Inspired by [ THIS ] moment.

 

 

My other LayHan Fics

Free Verse ]

Standing on the Train ]


Find some LayHan feels [ HERE ]

 

 

 

.