A Little Hope

Standing on the Train

.

 

 

Their train was leaving in 5 minutes.

Together they dashed through the train station. Almost slid down the escalator. Stumbled down the steps. Had a couple run-ins with people and had 'excuse me's and 'sorry's hanging from their lips.

They made it to the platform with their train right in front of them, doors still opened.

Luhan got through the door first with Yixing tripping behind. Somehow one of his shoe laces came undone. And he just had to stop in the middle of the platform, bent down to tie them.

A digitally programmed voice came on, said the train will be leaving.

Luhan shouted, "you don't have time!"

He jumped out of the train, grabbed the shoe from Yixing's hand and took the other's hand in his.

Together they hopped back into the train just before the doors closed and began moving. They both let out a sigh of relief, their backs slumped. They caught each other's eyes and smiled at each other victoriously.

Luhan noticed that dimple on Yixing cheek and can't help but smile wider. He looked down and his hand was still holding the other's. Yixing's hand was warm and a little sweaty, but it wasn't unpleasant.

"Can I have my shoe back?"

Luhan looked over to see his other hand and it was still holding the shoe.

"Oh."

Luhan passed it back to him the same time Yixing let go of his hand so he could put it back on his feet and lace them. A silly part of Luhan wished he had held the shoe hostage just so he could hold the other's hand a little longer. Stupid. He knew.

Luhan conviently found an empty space nearby to sit. Lucky, since all the seating space wer nearly full.

Yixing finally joined him, only there was little space left.

"It's okay, I can stand," he said, taking hold of a hanging handle bar.

"No, you can sit," Luhan said. Because he saw Yixing limping a little when they were running, due to his knee. But Luhan won't say it since he knew the other won't admit it.

Yixing shook his head. "It's okay," he insisted. But Luhan started to stand anyway, ready to give up his seat for him.

The lady next to them must had heard them and slided down so there was enough space for the both of them to sit. The two thanked her, even though they were still squished in the space together. But at least both of them got to sit.

Two long station stops later the lady next to them got off, leaving a little more room for them.

Luhan finally could stretch his arms. The same time Yixing stood up. Before Luhan knew it Yixing had offered their seats to two little old ladies who just came on board.

Yixing took Luhan by the hand and guided them back to the exit door.

"We're almost getting off anyway," Yixing said, his hand slipped away from the other's too quickly.

Luhan sighed for the lost. "Ok." He nodded. Well, just a couple more stations, he supposed. And only because he knew the other was always that nice guy that no one can hate.

Leaning against a pole, Luhan took his phone out, plugged in his earphones and went in search for songs in his music library. Yixing was holding on to the other pole opposite of him, eyes wide and blankly staring at the door.

Luhan saw the other like this and unplugged one of his earplugs and offered it to Yixing. He didn't have to say anything before the other took it without a word, and moved closer. Luhan picked a ballad with a main piano background for them to share because he knew Yixing liked the piano.

They arrived at another station, still not their stop yet. The doors slided open in front of them. There was a rush of people exiting and entering with them somewhat in the way, bumped and pushed. In the commotion, Luhan wrapped his arms around Yixing, pulling him into his safety. And because they were still connected by his earphones.

And maybe, Luhan just wanted this. Being closer to Yixing. Close enough to feel his warmth. Enough to smell his hair, his skin. Close enough to feel Yixing's heart beating against his chest. Or is it just Luhan's own heart beating rapidly between them?

Luhan's hands slide down to Yixing's waist and tighten around him. Yixing's body goes stiff, and a breath was catch.

"Luhan," Yixing whispered softly, his breath tickling the other's neck. "You can let go now."

Luhan didn't want to, but he does.

The train was already moving again. Yixing returned Luhan's other earplug, retreating back to his pole, back turned to the other.

Luhan felt a little sad, a little hurt, a little stupid. But then he looked closely and noticed the reddening of Yixing ears. And he began to feel a little hope again. A maybe.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

NOTE
I like seeing your comments. Just saying hi would be nice. Silent readers, I see you too. Please don't be shy.

 

 

Inspired by [ THIS ] moment.

 

 

My other LayHan Fics

[ Free Verse ]

Don't Want You to be Alone ]


Find some LayHan feels [ HERE ]

 

 

 

.