Up close

Her Superman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWO: Up close

"Do I have something on my face?" Youngmi asked her bartender friend. He raised his eyebrows at her and shook his head, "No, why do you ask?" Tearing his eyes away from her face, he went back to pouring drinks for the customers sitting down by the bar. Youngmi sighed, placing the drinks Xing had poured for her to the tray.

"Nothing, but anyway I'll go first." 

She walked away with the tray in her hands, going towards the VIP section to deliver the drinks of the two gentlemen she was serving until the rest of her shift. She inwardly sighed, still wondering why the man who opened the door earlier kept on staring at her face as if he wanted to burn a hole on her entire body. The thing that bothers her is that she didn't dislike the fact that he was basically gaping at her like any other men at the club. 

No. It didn't seem like he was that type of person. Is he?

She shook her head and shrugged her thoughts off as soon as she reached the door of the booth. She heaved a deep sigh before placing the tray on her left hand, steadying it at her palms while her right hand reached for the knob of the door, twisting it open. She opened the door wide enough for her to fit in and swiftly went inside. She walked towards the round table and placed down the glass of whiskey and vodka on the table in front of their owners. 

Jaejoong took the glass of whiskey in his slender hands, nodding his thanks towards Youngmi. 

Youngmi bowed and was about to leave when Yongguk called her, grabbing the attention of both Youngmi and Jaejoong. However, Jaejoong didn't let Yongguk think that he was curious about Yongguk's sudden interest in the waitress. He just simply looked up while taking a sip from his whiskey, briefly looking at his brother-in-law who had his eyes focused on the waitress. 

Youngmi turned around, "Neh? Do you need anything else, sir?" She asked, wondering if he wanted something else or if he changed his mind about drinking vodka. 

Yongguk's head was leaning against his palms while his legs were crossed together. 

"What's your name?" Yongguk asked, causing Jaejoong to raise his eyebrows in utter curiosity. What is this kid trying to do? Yongguk stared at her petite frame as she crunched her eyebrows and spoke fluently, "Youngmi," she stated. Yongguk didn't nod, nor give any other actions but just stared at her. "Choi Youngmi?" He asked. 

Youngmi tilted her head on the side a bit and nodded her head hesitantly, "N-Neh." 

How the hell did he know my name? Hell, how did he even find out about me?

Yongguk nodded his head in satisfaction and gestured her to go out, "I'll buzz when I need you, thank you Youngmi-shi." Youngmi blinked in amusement. Nobody has ever been formal to her around the club. Not even her friend or boss. With her eyebrows still furrowed together, she turned around and walked away, closing the door of the booth. 

Who is he exactly?

"What the heck?" Jaejoong blurted out, weirded out by his brother-in-law's actions. He knew Yongguk better, and he definitely knew that he was not the type to initiate any conversation with women. This was not Bang Yongguk. He looked into Yongguk's eyes directly and squinted his small eyes. Yongguk briefly looked at his hyung and cocked his eyebrow. 

"What?" Yongguk asked cluelessly. 

Jaejoong didn't speak and continued to study his brother-in-law until he thought of a reason why Bang Yongguk would initiate a conversation with the waitress. "She's one of Rogue's es, isn't she? He sent her to watch over you? Or give you a message or something? Did you go and provoke Rogue again? I bet you did! If your sister found out about this, she will literally cut your balls off and I swear to God I will not clean your after y-," Yongguk cut him off, "...no, she's not one of Rogue's spies." 

Realizing his analogies were wrong, he tilted his head in confusion, "Then who is she?" 

Yongguk shook his head, immediately grabbing a hold of his glass of vodka, "I don't know." 

---

"So, how's the VIP area doing?" Xing asked in amusement as Youngmi propped herself at one of the bar stools behind the counter beside Xing as he continued to wipe champagne glasses and shot glasses, setting them down on a dry cloth. Youngmi sighed, placing the tray she was holding with a bunch of tray stacked on the side of the counter. 

"I guess they're better than the regulars, but are they supposed to be... I don't know..? Mysterious? Nosy?" Youngmi asked with much curiosity, still not figuring out why the hell her customer knew her name and how the hell he found out about her existence. Xing let out a chuckle while shaking his head, "Well, if you're serving VIP booth number one then I assume he's really hard to get along with?" 

Youngmi blinked and looked at her friend, "Well, I wouldn't say he's hard to get along with, but... wait, you know him?" 

Xing just gave her a smile. A smile that meant a million things, but Youngmi didn't bother asking—she knew how to stay out of people's privacy, since she cherishes her own privacy as well. "If he's not hard to get along with, then what was his attitude towards you like?" Xing asked, setting the last glass he was supposed to wipe down on the dry cloth. 

Youngmi shrugged her shoulders, slowly getting up from the stool and picked up the glass Xing had just wiped to the glass racks hanging upside down on the low ceiling of the bar. "I guess he's just hard to read. He was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter