final.

On The Road

Jiyoon parked her car in her university's car park and headed to her classroom. She realized she's thirty minutes earlier and decided to just sleep before her first lesson starts.

 
Jiyoon went to her seat, placed her bag on the floor and placed her head on the table. After ten minutes of trying to fall asleep, she gave up trying and took out a packet of pocky from her bag and start eating it.
 
Jiyoon was looking out of the window and spotted a petite brunette getting out of a Black Audi R8. She couldn't get her eyes off the car, it was her dream car. Jiyoon couldn't believe she saw her dream car right in front of her.
 
She shrugged and continued to eat her pocky. Jiyoon finished her favorite snack in five minutes and went out to discard the packet outside. She loiter around until she saw the same brunette who got out of her dream car looking around.
 
"Hi! Do you need some help?" Jiyoon said in her cheerful voice. 'She looks so pretty..'
 
"I just need to know where is class 9-8?" The brunette said. Jiyoon was surprised because it's her class.
 
"I'm in that class too, I can bring you there." 
 
"Thank you."
 
"I am Jiyoon by the way." Gayoon only smiled at her introduction.
 
With that, Jiyoon walked in front, leading the way and the brunette followed behind closely.
 
"Here it is! The seat there is vacant so you can have that seat!" Jiyoon pointed at the seat in front of her, doing it on purpose so that she can see the brunette. 'Why did I say that seat was vacant though?... Jihyun is going to beat me up!'
 
Students start to stream in one by one as their first lesson is starting in five minutes. Jiyoon spotted her friend, Jihyun walking into the class and immediately ran to her.
 
"Jihyunie! There's a new transfer student today and I offered her your seat! I'm sorry!" Jiyoon cupped her face, just in case Jihyun would slap her.
 
"Ah... Is she the one? So everyone is talking about her..." Jihyun looked over to the brunette.
 
"Why? Why is everyone talking about her?" Jiyoon asked out of curiosity.
 
"All I know is that her dad is the wealthiest businessman in Korea, her mom is Korea's most famous fashion designer as well as her older brother. I heard she has a nickname called "Heo Princess" but I don't know her name. She's a real princess though. By the way, she got asked out by many people since she's pretty and really delicate." Jihyun told Jiyoon what she heard from other classmates.
 
"I see.." They moved back to their seat while continue chatting until the teacher comes in. Jihyun sat with Jiyoon since her seat was taken by the new transfer student.
 
Their teacher, Ms Jung, walked into the class and signaled everyone to be quiet.
 
"We have a new transfer student that will join us!" Ms Jung gestured the transfer student to go to the front. The brunette stood up and everyone was looking at her in awe, both girls and guys.
 
"You can take one minute to introduce yourself." Ms Jung smiled at the brunette.
 
"Hi, I am Heo Ga Yoon. Please take care of me." Gayoon introduced herself.
 
'So her name is Gayoon...'
 
"Ms Jeon, can I ask for you to show Gayoon around the school later?" Ms Jung called out her name sarcastically because Jiyoon was staring at Gayoon for a long time.
 
"O-oh.. Sure..." Jiyoon nodded and they started their first lesson of the day.
 
~*~*~
 
The second lesson has ended and it's their break time. Jiyoon approached Gayoon together with Jihyun.
 
"It's lunch time now," Jiyoon smiled. Gayoon looked up from her handout.
 
"Oh. You guys can go ahead. I'm not feeling hungry yet." Gayoon said and a tinge of sadness hits Jiyoon because she wants to know more about her.
 
"T-then we'll see you later.." Jiyoon bowed a little and went out of the classroom with Jihyun.
 
Gayoon held on to her phone tightly, waiting for a phone call. Everyone thinks that Gayoon's life is perfect but they don't know anything about her. Her parents are often overseas, her brother would be at home to take care of her but he, too, needs to work. 
 
Everyday, Gayoon's parents would call her and ask how she's doing. Even though it was often a one minute phone call, she's still happy. She doesn't like to talk much about herself and doesn't like to open up. She's always alone. Maybe that's why people say she's mysterious. People fall in love with her because of her beautiful face. Her perfectly shaped lips, beautiful eyes and a proportionate forehead. 
 
The phone on Gayoon's hands rang and Gayoon picked it up almost immediately.
 
'Hello?'
 
"Mom!"
 
'Our Gayoon, how's the first day of school?'
 
"It's good."
 
'Did you make at least one friend? Don't be an anti social kid okay? Make lots of friends so you won't feel lonely. We're sorry that we can't be there for you always.'
 
"No.. It's okay.. Just take good care of yourself and come back soon.." 
 
'We have to go for a meeting now, take good care of yourself and ask oppa if you need anything. Miss you darling.'
 
Her mom didn't wait for her to say anything and ended the call. She felt happy after talking to her mom and she was recharged. She was so tired and gloomy previously. Gayoon stood up and went out of the classroom to inhale some fresh air.
 
~*~*~
 
school's out, Jihyun has her drama club to take care of as today is their training day. Jiyoon finished her lunch in school and when she looked outside, it was raining heavily. She took her bag and put it over her head and then ran to her car. 
 
Jiyoon got into her car safely although she was drenched. She started the engine and drive carefully. While on the way out, she spotted Gayoon. the brunette was standing outside the gate and has an anxious look on her face with her bag over her head. Gayoon was already drenched.
 
"Gayoon! Let me give you a lift!" Jiyoon scrolled the window down but Gayoon hesitated and looked around once more.
 
"C'mon, you'll get sick! Don't worry I don't bite!" If Gayoon still doesn't want to get in, Jiyoon is seriously going to drag her in. But fortunately, Gayoon got into her car.
 
During the car ride, both of them are very quiet. Jiyoon steal glances at Gayoon occasionally and she noticed Gayoon is shivering. Jiyoon tried adjusting the air conditioner to the lowest temperature but the brunette is still shivering.
 
"Oh, just realized, I haven't got to know where you stay," Jiyoon found herself stupid, she's going to drive her home but doesn't know where she stays.
 
"I live in Gwangju. If that's too far for you I can take a cab home."
 
'Gwangju... And I live in Seoul..'
 
"No.. I live near there actually." Jiyoon lied. She doesn't know why but she felt a need to take good care and protect this girl.
 
"Do you want to stop by the convenience store and buy a cup of hot chocolate to warm yourself up?" Jiyoon is worried that Gayoon might catch a cold.
 
"That would be good." Gayoon smiled. 
 
'This girl is quite mysterious...'
 
They arrived at the convenience store a few minutes later.
 
"I'll buy it for you. Take this and stay in the car." Jiyoon took out her jacket and gave it to the skinny girl although she herself is cold.
 
Given this situation, there's no turning back. It's still raining heavily and the rule for Jiyoon in her house is to get home before seven. Jiyoon looked at her watch and it's five. It's takes three and a half hours from Seoul to Gwangju. 
 
'Ah!' 
 
Jiyoon fished out her phone from her pocket and called her best friend, Kim HyunA.
 
'Yoboseyo?'
 
"Hyuna!"
 
"Ugh, yes Jiyoonie?"
 
"I need your help!"
 
'You ruined my moment! I'm on a date with Sohyun and I was about to kiss her and you called! So I'm not going to help you! Hmph!'
 
"Hyuna, look, it's okay if you don't want to help. But if you remember clearly, you did puke on my bed 3 months ago when you were drunk." Jiyoon laughed silently, celebrating her victory. 
 
'Ugh. Fine. What do you want?'
 
"I'm sending one of my classmate home and i have to get home by seven. But she lives in Gwangju and it's going to take more than two hours. So I need you to call my mom and tell her you need some help at your house."
 
'Whatever.' Jiyoon could feel Hyuna rolling her eyes on the other hand.
 
"Call me when you're done talking to my mom!"
 
'Okay, okay.'
 
Jiyoon went to the drink section and found the hot chocolate making machine. She grabbed a paper cup and pressed on the 'hot chocolate' button. 
 
She placed the hot chocolate on the cashier first and grab a basket and went looking around the convenience stores.
 
Jiyoon saw her favorite snack - Pocky.  She grabbed 5 boxes and put it into the basket. Jiyoon wasn't sure what snacks does Gayoon likes so she basically grab each of the snack into the basket. 
 
'Will she like gummy snakes...? Ah, whatever. If she doesn't like it I'll just eat it! It looks nice anyway.' 
 
Jiyoon grabbed 4 packets of gummy snakes and put it into the basket. She then went to grab a hot pack for Gayoon and proceed to pay at the cashier. 
 
"I'm sorry if I took too long. Here's your hot chocolate." Jiyoon handed Gayoon her drink while she opens her Pocky
 
"It's going to take some time to reach your house, so I brought some sweets for you. I don't know if you like gummy snakes, I'm sorry." 
 
"Thank you." Gayoon only said those words but Jiyoon was contented. She didn't know why but she felt good when she sees Gayoon smiling.
 
Jiyoon had an incoming call and it was from Hyuna.
 
"Hyuna!"
 
'Jiyoori, your mom says it is fine and you can stay overnight if you want.'
 
"Thank you!"
 
Along the way, Gayoon noticed Jiyoon is getting cold and she looked at her hot chocolate. She puts it in front of Jiyoon and the girl was startled.
 
"Hmm?" Jiyoon looks at her.
 
"You seem cold. We can share this." Gayoon took Jiyoon's hand and put the hot chocolate on her hand.
 
'Is my cheeks reddening? I can feel blood rushing to my cheeks!'
 
The ride to Gayoon's home continues. Jiyoon glanced at Gayoon's lap and realized she finished eating all the gummy snakes. 
 
'She sure love gummy snakes!'
 
Jiyoon giggled and she saw Gayoon's eyes slowly closing. Jiyoon could see that she is trying hard to stay awake but fell asleep eventually.
 
~*~*~
 
"Gayoon.. Gayoon.." The sleepy girl opened her eyes and realized they had reached Gwangju. 
 
"I need to know your address.." Jiyoon said, she felt bad for waking Gayoon up.
 
Gayoon gave Jiyoon the address and they arrived at Gayoon's house fifteen minutes later.
 
"Wow. Wow. Wow." They're in front of Gayoon's house and it left Jiyoon's mouth hanging.
 
It was two bungalows side by side and it was both labelled "Heo Jae Min" and Jiyoon assumes it's theirs.
 
"That is what you get when your mom is a famous fashion designer and your dad is a guy leading the architecture businesses and both who earn billions every month." Gayoon said, but she didn't sound proud at all.
 
Gayoon looked at her watch, "do you want to come in and rest for a bit? It will take another four hours to reach Seoul again." 
 
'What the...? How does she..?'
 
"S-sure.." Jiyoon smiled shyly, she wondered how did Gayoon know she doesn't live nearby but decided to shrug it off.
 
Gayoon led Jiyoon to her room and Jiyoon almost fainted due to shock. There was a snake in Gayoon's room. 
 
"OMONA!" Jiyoon shouted although it was already late.
 
"Don't worry, Doongie is a friendly girl. She doesn't bite." Gayoon carried her snake out but Jiyoon is still afraid of it. Of course she would, which type of girl keeps a snake as a pet and love them so much? 
 
'She sure is unique!'
 
"C'mon, touch it. Doongie is really a friendly girl, she loves making friends." 
 
Jiyoon finally gathered up all her courage and touched Doongie. Gayoon was right, Doongie is friendly and doesn't bite. Gayoon puts Doongie back in her cage.
 
The brunette took a set of clothes for herself and Jiyoon, "it's too late for you to drive back to Seoul so you might want a stayover."
 
"Can I really stayover for a night..?" Jiyoon hesitated, she just got to know Gayoon and now she is going to stay in her house.
 
"If you think I'm a bad person because I do weird things, then it's okay.. I'm just worried about you and want to repay you since you drove me home." 
 
Jiyoon felt a pang in her heart. She immediately said okay.
 
They both changed and lied on Gayoon's bed. Gayoon asked if Jiyoon can sleep with her she's afraid, the short haired girl said okay of course.
 
"Gayoon, can I be your friend?" Jiyoon asked and looked over at Gayoon. The brunette had a faint smile on her face.
 
"You're already my friend while we're on the road."
 
"Then I should thank the rain! If not for the rain, you wouldn't have gotten into my car!" Jiyoon said excitedly which makes Gayoon laugh. This is the first time Jiyoon saw Gayoon laugh and she love it.
 
"Let's be friends forever." Jiyoon slipped her fingers into Gayoon's and they fell asleep.
 
From then on, they keep on sticking together wherever they go, shifting to the next class, break time, after school, playing games, visiting Doongie, having a staycation at Gayoon or Jiyoon's house. Their blooming friendship made Jiyoon questioned herself - is she slowly falling in love with Gayoon or she's just really happy to have Gayoon as her third best friend (apart from Jihyun and Hyuna)?

There'll be a sequel for this! ^_^