regret.

the space between.

Her dark brown straight locks were swaying as the night spring wind blew them, her hand was holding her bag strap tightly, her eyes were soft yet teary at the same time, before turning her back without a smile or tears, that she had been holding it.

But that's a long story before he met her again as his new co-worker in his office few months ago. Luhan, never thought she would smiled at him when he thought she would slapped him on the face, embarrassing him in front of all the workers. No, she didn't do that. In fact, she just standing across of him with a box of her things and smiled with her eyes turned into a crescent moon, that every boys in our university used to love the most.

"Whoa it's been a while, oppa!" She smiled as she put her box down, "Let's work well! Ok?" She grinned playfully before placing all of her things on her working table which was placed in front of his. 

Her hair changed from dark brown to black, making her looks more mature than before. Her face is also slimmer, making the chubby cheeks that he used to love to pinch, gone already. Her make-up that she used is natural, not too much, but it remind him of her face when he saw her in front of the car that night. She's really pretty, she never looked ugly in everyone's eyes though. She's an angel. He wonders, doesn't it hurt falling from heaven?

Month by month, the feeling grown. The feeling that he never thought he would felt like that everytime she was around him. The feeling that he never felt when she used to feel when he was around her. Maybe, this is what people call it with karma. Or is this what people call with love? 

"Joohyun," Joohyun raised her head, peeking her eyes at him behind the wall between their table. "Do you want to go home together later?"

She knitted her eyebrows while tapping her fingers on her chin before nodding her head, "Sure! But you have to buy me some crepes before we take the bus, okay?" She grinned like a child before continue her works. 

It only took a seconds to make his heart flutters when she answered. He could feel his lips turned into a big grin even though it's not the first time he took her home that actually on the opposite direction of my apartment. And he doesn't mind about it, he doesn't even mind a little bit.

The boss finally dismissed the last meeting we had that night, that's mean they could go home in any minute from now. He immediately put all his things in to his bag while Joohyun keeps chanting that she can't wait for the simulation romantic trip tomorrow. The boss said the winner get a special set of meat and there's no way Joohyun will let that meat go easily. 

"Are you sure we could win? I mean, we're going to the zoo. Not any romantic place like sea or namsan tower." 

Joohyun nodded her head, curling her fingers into a fist. "We will win oppa! All we have to do is make a great picture and we'll get the special set!" She replied, throwing her fist in the air with a chuckle at the end.

"What a pig." Luhan murmured jokingly, ruffling her hair.

She scrunched her nose at his touch, pulling her head away from the guy. "Ya! I heard that." She whined, fixing her hair before Luhan ruffles it once again which makes the girl hit his shoulder in return. "You're so annoying." She mumbled but loud enough for Luhan to hear it before taking a bite of her crepes that Luhan promised earlier.

The bus stopped in front of them, opening it door to let them come inside. They took a seat in the quiet bus, side by side. Luhan could feel that Joohyun is getting sleepy beside him. Her head was bouncing because of the road which makes Luhan has to cover her head so she wouldn't get hurt if her head knocked on the window. The girl students beside them were chanting loud enough to wake up the sleeping beauty. Luhan hurriedly put his hand back, not wanting Joohyun to know his action.

If only he could show it all, if only he could say that she's pretty, if only he could show his feeling. But if he do, everything that he built for months will be gone in a minute. That's probably one of the reason Luhan keeps teasing her so she wouldn't know about his feeling, his real feeling that grown everytime their eyes meet. 

"Be careful, ok?" Joohyun nodded her head in sleepy. "See you tomorrow."

Her hand waved a little, "See you tomorrow, bye." She smiled a little before turning her back at him. He waved back at her before turning his back to the other way while taking out his cigarette from his pocket. 

He lit up the cigarette, waiting for his bus to come on the station. He blew the smoke while remembering her face when she saw her that night. It's all my fault, it's all my ing fault. He blew the smoke again, before throwing the smoke to the trashbin beside him. "Friend, my ." He muttered under his breath before hop into his bus, who's waiting for him.

---

Just like any wednesday, Luhan stopped by Minseok's bar while having a man talk with him. The café wasn't really crowded usually, but it's pretty crowded today. Maybe it's because the asian games thingy that Luhan doesn't really take a look if it's not soccer.

"So, how about you and Joohyun?" Minseok asked him.

Luhan let out a sigh and shrugged his shoulder, "Friend, she claimed me as her friend. Only." He muttered before taking a sip of his beer.

"Just confessed your feeling already, Lu." Luhan rolled his eyes, "It's been an ages ago, I bet she already forget about it." 

"I don't think she already did." He bit his lips, feeling desperate about his feeling about her. "It's all my fault, Minseok. I deserved a slap when I saw her that day, but you know what I got right? A smile." 

Minseok let out a sigh, before shaking his head. "Damn, she's definitely something." He commented, "Fight for her, dude. You better not let her this time." 

---

It was a bright day, the birds were chiping like a song. Joohyun is feeling great while Luhan is feeling sick after riding the cable car to get to the zoo. Her arm is clinging to his, pulling him to everywhere she likes to. Oppa look at this, oppa look at that words were out from her lips. Just like the old Joohyun, she couldn't handle her excitement.

"Oppa should wear the deer one," Joohyun told him while putting a deer's ear headband on his head, "And I'll take this cat one!" She chuckled.

Luhan let out a small chuckle while shaking his head before paying for the headbands. Her hand automaticly wrapped again around his while playing with her headband as they walked away from the shop. "Oppa, let's take a look at the deer place! We haven't go there, right?"

As they reached, Joohyun buy the carrot so they could feed the deers or Luhan's twins, Joohyun said. Luhan, who's in charge of taking a pictures immediately put his camera in front of his eyes and took some pictures of her and the deer, but mostly Joohyun as the model he took a picture of. 

She stood up from bending and coming towards him with a carrot in her grip, "Oppa say aaah!" She joked. Luhan snorted at her joke, before taking the carrot from her grip. "Oppa feed them! I'll take a picture of it." She said, taking the camera from his neck gently.

Joohyun carefully held the camera and countdown before clicking the button. She takes a look at the photo and grinned before showing off her taking photo skill that makes Luhan laugh at her. 

They took some pictures together as they walked around the zoo. They even asked some strangers to help them to take some pictures, but suddenly, the rain started to falling down one by one. Luhan immediately took Joohyun's hand and takes them somewhere that they could stay for a while until the rain stopped. 

She stucked her hand out, feeling the raindrops in her palm with a smile in her lips. "Oppa, try to feel the rain! It helps you calm." She told him without turning her head to his direction. 

He did what she told him, little by little, his hand found it way to her hand. He intertwined their fingers one by one. Joohyun turned her head to her direction, finding that he's already staring at her with a soft eyes. He leaned closer until their nose touch until that she didn't close her eyes. Her eyes keeps staring, wanting to let him go from her but she couldn't do anything. He took a step closer and his lips landed on her small one and it took her for a few seconds before a she let her free hand slapped him, hard.

" you, Lu." She murmured when her redden eyes meet his before she turned her back away and runaway from him in the rain. 

Joohyun doesn't care if she got sick after running in the rain, Joohyun doesn't care either if everyone around her looking at her like she's a weird. She run to a less crowded place, not caring about her make-up that starting to ruined by the rain.

"Joohyun-"

She turned her back as Luhan took her by her hand, "I like you." He said. Joohyun look at him in pathetic as she shoves his hand away from her. "Ya! I like you." He repeated that only makes Joohyun wants to slap him once again.

"You're really such a jerk." She glared, pushing him away from her way. 

He runs back to her front, holding her shoulder tightly. "It's really true!" He tried to convince her. Joohyun let out a annoyed sigh, pushing him again. 

"Why are you doing this to me? Do I look like a joke for you?" She looked at his eyes that are staring at her in soft. "Do you want to keep this thing as a secret again?"

"Not this time. That was before I liked you!"

And her fingers curled into a fist as she heard what he said to her. Her friends were right, she shouldn't keep a contact with him three years ago. She shouldn't let him stole her first kiss. She shouldn't fall in love with him. 

"So, three years ago. You did that because I was easy?" She paused, "You really a piece of trash. I hope you know that, Lu." She walked pass him.

Again, he blocked her way. "You're right, I'm a piece of trash! You're right, i'm a jerk. But for now, I only like you, Joohyun." He held her hand, but she shoved his immediately. 

"Are you done with your jokes?" She scoffed. "Oppa is always like this. Saying I like you to every girls you've met then kiss them everytime you want. You haven't changed at all, you know that?" She rolled her eyes before walking pass him again.

"Do you think it was easy for me?" Luhan replied, holding her wrist tightly so she wouldn't go away from him again. "I thought a lot about this. 'should I tell her or not' 'what if she doesn't believe me?'" He paused for a while, catching his breath. "But what am I supposed to do when I really really like you? I was worried that i'll lose our friendship when I confessed to you. So I keep it! I keep it my feeling."

Irene looked at the other way, not wanting to make an eye contact with the guy. She let out a small laugh, taking her hand away from he grip. "Then you shouldn't tell me about it."

This time, Luhan didn't chase after her. "You really don't have a feeling for me, a little bit?" He asked slowly.

Joohyun stopped her feet, shaking her head for the respond "No." and with that she built a wall again, a wall that Luhan could never walked pass it. 

---

Since that day, Joohyun put a thick books on the wall between so he couldn't take a look at her. Since that day, Joohyun always hang out with the other workers instead of him. Since that day, Joohyun never talked to him again. She never replied the texts or even pick his call. And his regret his action. She's right, he shouldn't tell her about that, it was only make everything worse. 

"Joohyun can I get the tourist list names?" and without saying anything, she gives him the list. "Thank you." and she still won't talk to him. 

Everyone could feel the dark aura when Joohyun saw him, she would immediately put her things to her bag, and walk away when he's about to join the circle. Luhan could only laughed awkwardly saying maybe she's on her period. And it's been a month already since they stopped talking to each other, a month of hell for Luhan. 

Joohyun, on the other hand, couldn't stop being gloomy everytime she saw Luhan. It feels like she wanted to slap him everytime he walked pass her. Doesn't he knew how hurt it was? Finding your lover kissing another girl in front of your eyes?

She tried so hard to forget about that memories, but since that day it keeps replaying on her mind. The way he smiled at her when her eyes meet each other, the way he shrugs his shoulder when her eyes got teary. He's a jerk, always a jerk. 

"Joohyun noona!" Sehun waved his hand in the air. 

Joohyun immediately turned her head towards him and smiled back at him, "Sehun!" She called. The boy grinned cheekily before approaching the smaller girl. 

"It's been a while since I see you, noona! How's working with my brother?" He nudges her jokingly. She only let out a small chuckles, telling him that working with him was fine. Fine my . "Ah I see. But why Luhan hyung keeps being a gloomy man since his trip, hm. And I never see him with a girl now. Weird. He used to be a casanova though." He tapped his chin, "Do you know about that noona?"

Joohyun shakes her head, "A-ah no." Sehun pursed his lips, before nodding his head as her bus come. "Oh, Sehun the bus is arrived already! Come on!" She said, waving her hand which indirectly telling him to come to the bus before it closed.

"Ah no, noona! My home is on the opposite way! Don't you know that we moved a year ago? Didn't Luhan hyung tell you about that?"

And Joohyun blinked her eyes in confused, "A year ago?" Sehun nodded his head surely. "A-Ah i see. Then i'll see you around, Sehun!" She waved her hand at him before the bus closed it door. 

He lives on the opposite way? Then why he always takes me home since the first day I worked in the same office? Why he never said about it? A lot of questions running in her mind. She takes a glance at her phone, before holding it tightly. 

---

Her phone was bursting her ringtone loudly. She immediately took her phone, staring at his name that just popped up in her screen in two o'clock in the morning. She let out a sigh and pressed the green symbol on her phone. 

"Joohyun, are you hungry? I bought you a happy meal, your favorite. I also bought you an crepes. don't you want it?" He chuckled, "I'm in front of your house right now. It's okay if you won't to meet me. I'll just wait for you here, hope you don't mind me sitting in front of your house. Oh and it's pretty cold outside, i hope you make me a hot coffee that I like. You know it right? Black coffee with milk and two spoons of sugar."

"Are you going to make me wait? Okay, I don't mind, I don't mind. I don't mind if I have to wait for you until tomorrow, until the day after tomorrow. I deserve this though." he laughed, dryly. 

Joohyun still in her bad, keeps listening to every words Luhan said on the phone. Her tears already rolling in her cheeks, she could swear she couldn't hold it in any other minute. "don't cry. It should be me who's crying right now." his voice cracked.

"Ah, i feel bad right now. I'm so-"

"Don't be sorry, i'm sorry." Luhan turned his head immediately as he could feel her existence behind him.

She ran towards him and hugs him tightly. She was crying on his chest, making his shirt wet because of her tears. His arms immediately wrapped around her, not wanting to let it go anymore. "Shh, don't cry." Luhan rubs her back gently to calm her down.

"Why you do that? Why you take the bus that go to the opposite direction?" She said while crying. "You're such an idiot. A super idiot." He chuckled, before hugging her again tightly.

"I told you, it's because I like you. No scratch that." He paused as he cupped her cheeks, "I love you." He said, before leaning for a kiss.

This time she let him.

"I might regret this moment later. But I don’t care. We do it anyway, even though we know we’ll regret it. That’s love".