Hula Hoop

Hula Hoop

“Is it just me or that thing is actually new?”

“What thing?” You moved your attention from the screen in front of you. Not something really important, you've watched this movie a thousand times that you remember this movie better than how you should remember material for tomorrow’s quiz. After this, the girl would leave the party because she thought his crush had already move on.

When your eyes were on him, he raised his eyebrows to a corner of your living room, pointing a middle-sized hula hoop.

“Ah, that. No, actually yesterday my uncle's family came by. My five year old nephew is so into that thing lately that she brought it along. She was sleeping when it's time to go home though, and no one remembered about the hula hoop,” you shrugged at the plastic thing at the end of your story.

He rose from the sofa and stepped closer to the main topic thing. “Mind if I borrow it?”

“Not at all. As long as you don't break it, or buy a new one if you do; not at all.”

In any second, the hula hoop was already in his grip and he slid it through his head, brushing his hair on the way and made it a little bit messy in a cute way.

“Your hair. It’s funny,” you told him.

He didn’t say anything about your admonition and shake his head instead. Making his hair came back to its own place without any much effort. “I used to play this when I was young, I was pretty good though. I’m wondering if I still am,” he stated with his hand reenacting his memories from childhood, trying to spin the plastic, without actually letting it go. Probably just trying to find a comfortable start.

“No way!” retorted back with a form of laugh on your lips. “Just in case you forget, you are about on the same line with Chen and Suho on your group, and you know what line it is, I can’t believe you are good at playing hula hoop with such flexibility of yours,” you reminded and completely ignore the movie by now, turning your body completely to his direction, still snugly settled on the sofa.

He let out a loud laugh coated in embarrassment. “I’m not that bad!”

“Then you have to bring your senses back, maybe watching your Growl music video will help,” you continued on scoffing him with a shrug, gesturing your statement is undeniable.

“At least If you have to rank us three then I’m obviously at the first place!” He put down his hands, letting the hoop hang loosely around his thigh.

“Oh please, you still have nine members above you, then!”

“You have to remember in Overdose we have a formation when I'm at the very front, twice! It means I have improved now!” He insisted, still with a small laugh.

True though. So you just shrugged your shoulder and pretended to get distracted by the movie. “Let's see then,”

He looked around, making sure that he has enough distance from the wall and anything else that might obstruct. Chanyeol spun the hoop and rolled his hips erratically and the plastic eventually fell even before he reached five seconds.

You clasped your stomach because it tickles you so much, the laughter because of his act. “What are you doing? And you said you were good,” you managed to say before continued on laughing. This time with foot stomping the ground.

“I was testing and my body is still trying to recall how to swing it! Shut up!” But he himself was laughing, the hula hoop still abandoned on the floor, his body bent forward a little with his palm supporting him on the knees, his laughter was still flowing, making his eyes creased into a lovely curves.

When he had calmed down, he straightened himself again, bringing the hula hoop along. A pair of inhale and exhale was taken and he mumbled 'I'm going,' to himself and start spinning.

His start was quite unstable as the hoop slid down and Chanyeol quickly bent down to turned it to his hips area again without a single touch. Both hands were folded above his head, far from the hoop because it seemed like he was afraid both of his hands would go along the way.

After that, it turned out as if he was a professional hooper. “Whoaaa, you're doing well!” you commented and took out your phone to take video of him. And by any second, the video was already recording. “Should I count how long you can hold up?”

“Yah! If you want to count it then you should've start counting the moment I started spinning!” Chanyeol protested with a laugh he tried hard to restrain, looking from his right eye twitching.

“Relax. I'll just add 20 seconds to the current time,” you said while your eyes still focused on recording, trying not to laugh too because you didn't want your video to be shaky.

“Yah! What 20 seconds I've been rolling like a couple of minutes already!” This time he couldn't help. His right hand came down to stop the hoop.

At first he squat down with the hoop on his grip and laugh hysterically.

“Fine. Because I'm such a kind goddess came down from heaven, I'll add 30 seconds.” You added and stopped the video since he stopped hula hooping.

Chanyeol really broke at your addition. He plopped down with both legs sprawled in front him. Both his hands clasping his stomach and it have been long since the hoop was abandoned. Your boyfriend's laugh was always such a thing to enjoy.

“Okay, it's your turn,” he said and getting ready to roll the hoop to your direction.

“Oh, no no no! I don't hula hoop,” you quickly refused but still get off from the sofa to sit next to him on the floor.

“Ah, so this is the response from someone who said it's impossible for me?” he mocked you with his eyebrows lifted.

“It's not like that. But here is the thing, whoever saw me hula hooping would always say the circle didn't roll on me but bumped on me. Like, ttak ttak ttak.” You made a move with your palms where it hit your hips at different places.

Another hysterical laugh of Park Chanyeol was encountered.

“Let me see,” he rose, stood by his feet and offered his hands at you to help you up.

“Nooo,” you whined and kicked the floor but gave your hands at him and eventually couldn't win his strength pulling you up.

“Try.” Chanyeol slid the hoop through your head and stop when it reached your stomach area, waiting for you to hold it.

You sighed an overdone breath and took it sluggishly. “Promise me, you won’t laugh?”

He didn’t say anything. Instead, he stood up straight, pulled his lips inward making a straight line, eyes peering yours; trying to be serious. A second later, he put his right palm on his chest and he nodded. Implying you that he promised he wouldn’t laugh.

You narrowed your eyes at him before taking another deep breath.

It’s not that you couldn’t play hula hoop, really. You could, but you just grew tired of the comments and the laughter you got whenever someone saw you played. You didn’t got discouraged either since playing hula hoop was not something you highly enjoy, anyway. So, the information ended in ‘you could play hula hoop, but you didn’t play hula hoop’.

In a second, you were already playing. In another second, Chanyeol burst out laughing. He laughed severely that it didn’t even make any sound. He bit down his lower lip to silent his laughter, his right eye was twitching continuously, his hands were clapping tremendously, in five seconds he eventually collapsed and laid on the floor by his stomach, both hands slapping the cold floor.

Well, that reaction was not unexpected.

You moved your hand so it stopped the hoop. “You promised me you wouldn’t laugh!” you protested and slid the plastic out of your body. Ah, you knew you couldn’t believe his promise not to laugh.

Like, oh come on, how Park Chanyeol could promise not to laugh was still beyond your comprehension.

It needed something about a minute or two until he rolled and sat up, panting out of his laughter. “I’mh—soh—sorryh buth—” he clapped again and laughed another round of laughter. He gripped his chest and mumbled ‘I’m going crazy,’ over and over again before eventually took a deep breath. “What was that? The hoop was not sliding, it was like—like colliding with your hips, oh my goodness, I even worried you would break your bones—aw!” Because you slapped his right arm.

“I’ve.” Another slap on his left arm. “Told.” Another slap on his right arm again. “You.” Another one on his left. “Beforehand.” Another one again on his right. “So.” A final slap on his left arm. “Why are you like this?!” With both hands, you pushed hard on his chest so he fell backward and laid on the floor again, this time on his back.

But Chanyeol didn’t dodge or mad, he just laughed again. As expected from laughing machine, Park Chanyeol.

“I’m not playing again!” you tossed the hoop at the other direction and pouted, to show him that you were really annoyed even though you were not actually mad. Indeed, you were actually suppressing a laugh inside your lungs, this whole situation was just terribly funny.

“And I don’t ask you to play again. I wasn’t joking when I told you I was afraid you would break your bones,” he said, still slightly out of breath, but he stood up and walked past you to pick the hoop up.

The second time he passed you to return to his prior position, you hit his leg. Just because.

“Playing hula hoop should be like this,” he talked more to himself when he already spun the circle around his hips again. He seemed to enjoy the game quite a lot though. Time passed and he even rolled his hips with his eyes closed.

You looked up and stared at how well he played. “But really, you play hula hoop really well,” you commented.

He just nodded and didn’t open his eyes.

“Like,” you stopped mid-way trying to find a good parable, “you can even play hula hoop while sleeping.”

There was a clanking sound from the hoop hitting the ground because Chanyeol squat down, clapped like a broken seal, laughed out loud with eyes twitching—again.

It seemed like today was the funniest day in Chanyeol’s life.


 

Let me head bang for a second.

I don't get it why is it whenever I tried to write I always ended up writing pointless stories omg what's wrong with me? I want to write a story that would change somene's life but then again I'll always end up like this -_-

I'm sorryyy, but however I hope you enjoyed this one too.

And I'll still shamelessly promoting you guys that I posted this too on my tumblr hahahahahahahaha okay I'll shut up

Thanks for reading, I hope you have a nice weekend