Worst Day Ever

Not Gonna Be Your #3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Whoever thought of the saying "What could possibly go worse?" probably didn't know bad luck.
Or had never experienced it.
Because whoever he or she might be, he or she was already being grilled by Jaehee at the moment.
Because every time she thinks that the day was over, something much worse occurs.

 

Which is why she's at the dean's office, making an honest excuse why the cranky old Physics teacher Mrs. Han couldn't submit all her paperworks because of her.

 

"I'm serious, Sir Lim," Jaehee pressed on. "Mrs. Han told me to check the papers. I took a break, and when I came back, rats were feasting on it."
Sounds impossible, but it really did happen, much to Jaehee's shock.

Mr. Lim, the university dean, sighed. "Ms. Ahn. If you were in my position at the moment, and you were listening to this kind of bull-slacker, would you believe it?"

Jaehee's face was hysterical. "But sir..."

"No but's, Ms. Han. You've got one week of community service starting next week."

Jaehee watched as Mr. Lim took a paper and scribbled down some things that Jaehee didn't want to have. At that point, it seemed impossible to make him change his mind anymore, even if she would insist everything she said was true.

Mr. Lim handed the paper to her. "Give this to the guidance counselor. Start on Monday. I know you're a Lit major and you like stories, but I've had enough of yours for this day. Now, leave."

In surrender, Jaehee nodded. "Yes, sir." She stood up, grabbed her backpack, and walked out of the office.

"First, I got late," she said, talking to herself. "Then, I wasn't able to pass my homework. And now I get this one-week community service?" She stared at the paper in her hand. "Bull-slacker?" she started muttering. "Who the hell uses that anymore? Does he think he'll sound hip if he uses that term? Really." 

"Ms. Ahn."

Mr. Lim's voice spoke behind her. Jaehee's eyes turned round like saucers. She slowly turned around and saw that Mr. Lim was peeking out his door, obviously with a hint of annoyance in his face.

"Uh... yes sir?"

He lifted an eyebrow. "I was suppose to cancel the community service since I think it's a bit too harsh, but well, BULL-SLACKER. That'll be two weeks for you. That might make me HIP. Goodbye." He closed the door immediately.

Jaehee facepalmed herself and immediately walked away before she could say something more.

She was about to leave the campus building when she heard a loud thunderclap. Followed by a heavy downpour of rain.

"Oh my gosh, seriously??" she muttered to herself. She digged into her backpack to check for an umbrella. 

"Oh no." She kept digging. "Oh no, no no no no no nooooo..." The sound of thunder came clapping once again, as if to applaud Jaehee's stupidity not to bring an umbrella.

After a while, Jaehee's shoulders slumped. There was no umbrella in her bag.

"I knew I should've hitched in with Seungyoon. If it weren't for that dean-moment... Why didn't Seungyoon wait for me anyway??! I thought he was going to wait! We live in the same house!" When Jaehee's upset and in her hysterical-mode, she quickly babbles to herself without thinking who might hear her.

Jaehee then waited. Maybe the rain would stop in a moment. But after a few minutes, the amount of rain didn't even slow down.

"I need to go home..." she told herself.

And that's when she decided to do another stupid thing.

She ran under the rain.

She tried running under the rain, sheilding her eyes with her arms, and covering her backpack by hugging it in front of her. But to no avail, because she was still soaking wet. 

She was already on the sidewalk, walking to the other side, when she remembered that walking from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter