Chapter 1

Spotlight
Please log in to read the full chapter

::Chapter 1::

“That’s all for the news tonight. We’ll bring for you more updates next time and thank you for viewing in”

“I’m Lee Junsu-”

“and I’m Kim Jimin-”

“We’ll see you next time, good night”

Both the male and female announcers bowed to the camera as they bid their goodbyes to the viewers for the 9 o’clock news and waited for the end signal.

“Kkeut!”

As soon as the word was heard, both the announcers and the whole broadcasting crews heaved their sigh of relief as yet another hour-length news broadcast had ended smoothly.

Don’t get me wrong, this was not the first time for them to this kind of thing. In fact, it was already kind of like a routine for them actually for doing such news broadcast. They were all professionals in their jobs but since it was needed to be done live, they have to make sure that everything goes smoothly.

Junsu began tidying up the scattered papers and returned the bow his news partner slash junior gave him and slowly made his way out of the studio while repeating the words ‘good job’ to every crew that he met along the way. He had been working together with them for a few years now so they knew each other well but to Junsu, some formality and etiquette still needs to be kept even by professionals.

A thin hand briefly landed on Junsu’s shoulder and Junsu knew perfectly who it belonged to.

“Great job as always, Junsu”

Lee Hyukjae, Junsu’s best friend as well as colleague greeted him with his bright voice, a thing he gained from being a sports commentator for a few years now and Junsu returned him with a small thank, and that did it.

Every Wednesday, Hyukjae would never miss to monitor his best friend doing the news while he himself was preparing for his turn doing the Wednesday’s night sports corner. And today, he found something amiss. Even through the camera he could see that Junsu was not his usual self, and he got even worried when his usually cheery dolphin friend sounded different.

“Are you okay, ducky?” He asked while still eyeing his best friend.

“Yeah…”

Now that will never convince Hyukjae that Junsu is fine even with that smile. Junsu didn’t even bother to snap back for calling him ducky the way he usually did.

Then something crossed his mind.

“Is it because of the recent scandal?”

Hyukjae definitely saw Junsu went rigid for a moment before he tried to act normal again.

“…I’m just tired I guess. I think I’m going home” Junsu replied in a sigh before he walked pass Hyukjae.

Hyukjae knew that that was not totally the case. Junsu might looks as lethargic as he claimed to be but as his best friend, he knew that there was something more. But since Junsu didn’t want to talk about it, he’ll just have to wait for Junsu to pour it out on him, the way he usually did whenever something was troubling him. Besides, he really didn’t have the time for more chit-chat as the crew was already calling him for the recording.

 

After taking a good hot bath, Junsu dried his light brown hair with a towel while looking at himself in the mirror. What he saw reflecting from the mirror really

Please log in to read the full chapter