o.2

Sad Night

 

 

 

Hey, I didn’t know a night without you could be so lonely
I hold her in my arms as I long for you




 

Slowly her breath subsiding calmly, showing she already fell asleep. Eunji lifted her fingers from the silky locks after caressing it for several seconds before let out a silent sighed. Bomi is beautiful, her smile that can brighten her foul days, her small but attractive lips. Bomi’s humour is always the best, that’s make Eunji fell in love with her at the first place. Its starts with Eunji met Bomi at some formal meetings with her father. They talked over wine and decided to flee away from that boring meeting.


                It’s was the best days in Eunji’s life, after a bad break up she had. Son Naeun, that name always carved in her heart. That fragile yet breath-taking but have a strong aura and independent girl. Also, the girl that successfully stole Eunji’s heart completely. They were happy, everything was perfect or Eunji thought. But Naeun got locked up after Eunji being promoted as senior partner in her father’s law firm. At the first year, Eunji still tried to clear up her schedule on weekend and spend it with Naeun. The silent girl, tried to understand Eunji.

 

 Second year, Eunji having a hard time to complete her cases. Slowly, she skipped several occasions; still Naeun tried to understand her. Job over love, Eunji completely forgot she have a lovelife outside the office. She started to forget their anniversary, or dates. But Naeun still there, enduring everything because she still believe there is still a spark between them. She believes Eunji loves her.


                While Eunji still busy flooding herself with work, day by day Naeun giving up. Until one day she can’t hold it up and left. Walk away without any messages, out from Jung Eunji’s life. Getting slapped by reality, Eunji felt bad for letting Naeun suffering. She want to fix it, their relationship because she believed Naeun still love her.

 

                “It’s too late.” That’s the only words came from Naeun before coldly closed the door of her apartment, leaving Eunji outside flabbergasted and heart broken. From that day, Eunji tried to persuade Naeun. From roses to jewellery, Eunji done everything to coax the cold heart girl back into her arms.



                “If you try to do all this two years before, you will never need to beg me like this, Jung Eunji. But guess what? You’re too late. I’m already gave up in our love. So, don’t disturb me ever again. Goodbyel.” Hearing those spiteful words, Eunji retreated and started to dispirit. To distract herself from remembering Naeun, she started becoming workaholic, everyday she working. Papers scattered everywhere, files always in her hand.



                Her dad, who couldn’t bear to see her daughter put a long face decided she need to find new love life. As planned, Eunji’s dad bring her to the formal meeting, and there’s where she met Bomi.



 

She’s happy with Bomi. Have a perfect job, have a perfect girlfriend. What more she need?

 

 

Son Naeun.

 

                Damn, that name appeared in her mind again. She shook her head lightly, hoping that name being tossed out from her mind. She turned to her current girlfriend before gives a light peck on Bomi’s forehead before closes her eyes, let her hand embrace Bomi’s waist before gripped it lightly, just enough not to disturb the sleeping beauty.



 

 

 

Tonight is a sad night,

I was used to you

I hate this feelings, because there is another girl besides me

Yet your name kept appearing in my mind.

My trembled fingers hug the body beside me,

But that’s not you. Not the warm emitted from you. Not the curve I always traced my fingers with.

Not the calm breath I wanted.

Not the parted lips that I always stole kiss before closes my eyes.