The Encounter

Seoul Searching

After sitting at the park for a while, you got up and without looking, turned around. To your surprise you had hit someone wearing a black hoodie. You were scared for your life and didn’t know what to do. “Are you okay,” a voice whispered. “Yeah I’m fine, I’m really sorry I didn’t see you there.” “It’s okay,” the voice whispered. For some odd reason the voice sounded familiar. When you looked up, you couldn’t believe your eyes. “Mi…….no…., omg you’re winner’s Mino.” “Shhhhhhh…..,” he said. You couldn’t believe your eyes. As you stood there staring at this glorious face, you had camera’s shattering. Without hesitation, Mino grabbed your hand, and you both started running. You had no reason to run, but for some reason you couldn’t stop yourself. You ran until your lungs couldn’t take it anymore. As you let go of his hand to catch your breath, he quickly turns back and grabs your hand and pulls you into what looked like an empty coffee shop.

You stood there for a good ten minutes, before you could say a word. “What the heck was that!,” you exclaimed. “That’s dispatch for you,” he replied. You knew what dispatch was but pretended you didn’t hear anything. You both stood their without saying a word, when he motioned for you to take a seat. “What for?” you said, “I need to compensate you,” he replied. “You mean for causing me trouble,” you said. “Something like that,” he whispered.

Both of you ordered coffee and sipped it in silence. You keep reminding yourself of how awkward this situation is. As you were sitting there embarrassed, Mino breaks the silence. “So what were you doing in the middle of the night all on your own, it’s dangerous.” “I should ask you the same thing,” you replied with a sassy attitude. “You’re a feisty one,” he said. You both started giggling without realizing it. “My name is Mino by the way, which you already know…” “I’m Yacine,” you replied without hesitation. “Yacine, what a pretty name for a pretty girl,” He said while pulling out his credit card. He paid for your coffee, before getting up while winking at you, “I’ll see you around Yacine.

You were both intrigued by this handsome guy, but at the same time embarrassed because you were all sweaty and disgusting. You couldn’t help but flash a bright smile, as your face turned red. You got up to get ready to go back to your dorm, when you realized you didn't know where you were. You asked the coffee shop owner for direction and sooner than later you were back in your dorm room. You couldn’t believe both your encounter with Mino and your luck. There was definitely no sleeping because everything that had happened that night felt like a dream, and you wanted to be in this “fake” reality even for a few seconds. You watch as the sky started getting brighter, it was morning and you were ready for bed. “I hate time zones,” you said to yourself as you pulled your covers to sleep. You couldn’t wait to see what adventures this new day would bring.............................