final.

Sugar

Irene was happy. Happy with the fact that she actually got a chance to spend a day alone with Wendy that weekend.

 

Both Seulgi and Joy had been long gone from early in the morning since the two did mentioned on going on a shopping spree the day before, if Irene wasn’t mistaken.

 

The reason on why she’s happy? Well, she’s just happy.

 

Wendy hadn’t been spending a lot of time with her this lately.

 

It was as if the younger girl had suddenly put up a wall around the leader whenever the two of them are alone, and Irene wasn’t about to let that happen.

 

Irene quietly tip-toed her way towards the couch upon seeing Wendy passed out on the couch, still in her pajamas.

 

Judging from the mess on the table, Wendy had probably just finished her late lunch and immediately went for a nap.

 

“This girl,” Irene whispered to herself with a smile and squatted next to the couch, watching Wendy sleeping peacefully.

 

One second, the girl would look like an angel and another second she would be making this silly face that would never fail to make her laugh.

 

Irene still couldn’t find a reason why Wendy decided to keep mum whenever the two are together lately.

 

Was it something that she did? Or something that she said to her?

 

Either way, Irene is going to make it right.

 

As much as she wanted to come up with something sweet to lose the dead air between her and Wendy, her childishness took over her.

 

Irene smiled mischievously after eyeing a marker pen that was lying around the corner of the room, and she decided to draw a mustache on the younger girl, a prank that she did on their poor maknae for a few times.

 

It worked in making Wendy laugh every time so why not?

 

It took Irene great concentration to draw on top of Wendy’s upper lip as she carefully straddled Wendy on the couch, trying not to wake main vocal up.

 

As soon as she was done, Irene couldn’t help but to crack on spot and it was her laughter that slowly stirred Wendy up from her nap.

 

And of course, Wendy was more than shocked to find their leader on top of her. Straddling her as if it was nothing.

 

It didn’t take much for Wendy to rouse from her sleep and the first thing that she did when she met Irene’s eyes was to blush.

 

“O-Oh hey, you’re awake,” Irene smiled sheepishly, oblivious to Wendy’s rosy cheeks.

 

“What are you doing unnie?”

 

“I was just uhm…”

 

It was then Wendy noticed the pen that the older girl was holding and it then clicked to her that Irene was probably up to one of her childish antics again.

 

“Unnie, did you draw something on my face?”

 

“Ehe, I’m sorry Wendy-ah!”

 

Irene giggled like a little child and quickly got off the couch, leaving behind a handheld mirror for Wendy.

 

The latter just shook her head in response, reaching for the mirror to see Irene’s fresh-made artwork and a smile crept on her face instead the moment she saw her face.

 

“Silly unnie.”

 

-

 

Surprisingly, Wendy actually kept the moustache that Irene had drawn on her. And every time Irene stumbled upon her in the dorm, the leader had to stifle her laughter.

 

“Aren’t you cleaning that off?”

 

“I can’t clean it off unnie,” Wendy shrugged.

 

Lies, it wasn’t that she couldn’t clean it off.

 

She didn’t want to clean it off since it was from Irene. Wendy thought that it looked good on her so she decided to leave it on. It’s not as if she had any schedules that day anyways.

 

“I’m sorry now, let me go grab something to help you out,” Irene smiled sheepishly and was about to head to their room but stopped when Wendy spoke up.

 

“It’s alright now. Can you make me some Ramyun instead?”

 

“Ramyun?” Irene cocked a brow but agreed to it nevertheless. She’s the best when it comes to cooking instant noodles and she’s more than happy to comply with Wendy’s request. “Alright then!”

 

-

 

The aroma that was filling up her nostrils were making her hungry that Irene didn’t even need to tell her that her Ramyun was done. Wendy immediately took a seat at the dining table and her lips upon seeing her bowl of Ramyun to which was served with a small plate of Kimchi.

 

“Oh wow, this looks good.”

 

“I know right?” Irene grinned proudly and took a seat across the table. “It’s so hard making this you know. I needed to put the right amount of water, wait exactly three minutes for it to cook. And I also need to make sure that the egg is cook nicely-“

 

Wendy had to restrain herself from smiling on how cute Irene was rambling about cooking the Ramyun. What part of cooking instant noodles is hard?

 

Irene was then silenced when Wendy carefully fed her the Ramyun, before starting to eat herself.

 

“Aren’t you hungry too? You should eat with me.”

 

“You seem to be starving so I just cook for you,” Irene scrunched her nose and nodded.

 

“Silly unnie, you could’ve made extra,” Wendy laughed and fed the older girl once again.

 

Seeing Wendy laughing like that around her relieved her. But at the same time, she was also curious on why Wendy had tried to distance herself in the first place.

 

“Why did you do it Wendy-ah?” Irene muttered once she was done with chewing her food.

 

“Do what?” Wendy blinked.

 

“You were acting different whenever you’re with me lately. If it was anything that I said I’m sorry-“

 

“It’s not your fault. I was just tired,” Wendy tried to reason as she tried to finish her food quickly, shoving the kimchi into and the younger girl lifted up a small smile. “I’m so sorry if I worried you unnie.”

 

“Really? You’re not lying to me right?” Irene eyed her curiously before reaching over the table to squish Wendy’s cheeks, staring at her eyes for answers and Irene swore that she saw Wendy’s eyes shifting a bit. “Aha, you’re lying!”

 

“I’m not,” Wendy mumbled.

 

“Fine, I’ll let you go this time,” Irene slowly gave up with a sigh and withdrew her hands. At least her relationship with Wendy had gone back to normal. Maybe Wendy would be glad to tell her when the time comes.

 

-

 

“Oh hey, do you want to watch a movie?”

 

Irene plopped down the couch, taking the vacant seat next to Wendy who was busy reading a book. The latter just nodded her head in response since she had nothing better to do anyways, she thought.

 

“Hmm, let’s see… Shall we watch ’50 Shades Of Grey’?” Irene looked over to her with her innocent eyes and Wendy almost choked on her saliva upon hearing what was said to her.

 

“Are you serious?”

 

“Yes!”

 

“I-I…”

 

“Aha, I got you,” Irene chuckled. “I was just kidding of course. Do you want to watch ‘The Fault In Our Stars’ instead?”

 

Wendy thought for a moment on Irene’s suggestion and once again nodded her head in agreement. She wasn’t that fond of the book, but perhaps the movie was better.

 

It was only in the first fifteen minutes where Irene kept her focus on the movie and after a period of time, Wendy apparently found their leader asleep, with her head buried into the cushion that the girl was holding.

 

“Silly, why did you wanted to watch this movie if you’ll be sleeping,” Wendy murmured under her breath before turning off the television. She went on carefully taking away the cushion from Irene, resting the older girl’s head on her shoulder instead.

 

She’s probably going to get some drool all over her favourite shirt, but that’s fine. If it’s for Irene.

 

“Do you want to know why I try to keep myself away from you?” Wendy said to no one in particular, fixing her eyes at Irene’s flawless features as the leader continued to sleep. “You’re doing all sorts of things to me without you knowing it. You crossed my mind every night whenever I’m going to sleep that it’s driving me crazy.”

 

A sigh escaped from her lips and Wendy quietly slipped her hand to hold Irene’s, intertwining their fingers together.

 

If only Irene would see her the way she sees the older girl.

 

 

Author’s Note – Maybe I should do a sequel to this. Haha.