Final:Besties for life

Dancing Dream

Lee Taemin,a scrawny teenager who looked not more than 19.He picked up ballet with passion and a dream to dance with the best.A choice made 11 years ago which he had never regret till now.All the males in the class had well built bodies,like all those he had seen in the ballet when he was 14 and he was left behind,stick thin and fragile looking and mocked for his ual orientation.Here is his story...

"Taemin you need to be more precise."the instructor chided,sighing in exasperation.

Taemin gritted his teeth and did it once over.Counting the beats in his head.Suddenly,a loud shriek sounded through the room.He jerked in shock and fell midway through his second pirouette.

"See?You're not balancing,you learnt this three years ago.You're useless,you shouldn't even try auditioning for the ballet."The instructor spat.Despite being wronged,Taemin couldn't help but feels a sting in his heart as he picked himself up.He could hear the other students snicker.Gritting his teeth,he asked for a toilet break.He groaned in frustration as tears spilled out.The toilet stall opened and out came a tanned boy.Skinny like him but in a good way.The way his lean frame came out of the stall stunned Taemin.His face was adorned with adonis like features,thick luscious lips and eyes with chocolate brown orbs that hinted many secrets within them.He looked not much older than the latter.Taemin snapped out of his thoughts when the boy the faucet.Upon washing his face, Taemin left the toilet,only a few minutes of class left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He flung open the door of the dance studio,the instructor had left and he had took the keys from the office.Flinging his gym bag to one side.He peeled off his casual clothes,to reveal a black leotard,clinging to his small frame.Sighing he turned to the mirror.The figure in the mirror,mocking him.For his size,for his stupid dream which would never come true.It had never hurt to dream big they said.It was all a lie.

He had been mocked for his size.Sure he was not as well built as the other boys,that did not mean he was less able.As he plugged his phone to the sound system,he sighed.He vowed to practice, prove to all one day,that looks did not matter.Slowly,he made his way to the hardwood floor.Stretching a bit before pressing play on the remote control.Music filled the room.He jumped and leaped,grande jete-ed around the room.With the gracefulness of a swan,he effortlessly danced the whole routine.At every beat he executed each step flawlessly,even the smallest details were made sure to be attended to.Just then door open.Which shocked Taemin midway through his pirouette again.

 

"Hey"the intruder greeted.It was the boy in the toilet. 

 

"Hey yourself,"Taemin squeaked,motionless.

 

"Mind if i share?"The stranger asked,removing his shirt to reveal chocolate abs.Taemin's eyes bulged.No he had a boyfriend already.

 

Taemin slowly nodded,"I was about to leave anyway..."

 

Taemin made his way to the sound system but the boy beat him to it.

 

"Swan Lake huh?"The boy smirked.

 

"Y-yeahhh"Taemin stuttered.He had never been good with strangers.

 

"The name's Kai or Jongin,Kim Jongin.Doesnt matter.I'm 17,"He introduced.

 

"Taemin.Lee Taemin.Same age."Taemin replied,still not looking up.

 

"I see.Im gay...just putting that out there"Kai...or Jongin said cooly as he began to stretch 

 

"Uhh...same?"Taemin mumbled which earned a chuckle from the said boy.

 

A comfortable silence fell over them.The scrawny boy sitting cross legged on the floor as he watched the other stretch,fiddling with his fingers as he studied him more.The tanned boy had just the right amount of muscle,a skin tone not many Koreans had.Exotic features.Perfect.But of course Taemin deemed his boyfriend Minho as the most perfect creature to walk on this earth.

 

"Hey...about the meeting in the toilet...were you crying?"Jongin asked furrowing his brows as he sat beside Taemin.

 

Taemin nodded,embarrassed. Surely the man would think he was a sissy now.

 

"What happened?Instructor Kim?"Jongin pushed on slowly. Hoping to be aware of Taemin's situation,he already liked the boy.In a friend way.Of course.

 

This was it.Taemin broke down and his body shook as he sobbed.He poured out his broken heart to Jongin in between cries of utter hopelessness.Jongin felt bad,really bad.He could sense Taemin's broken soul which he wanted to heal.That's what friends did right?But he already had someone...but it wouldn't hurt for two people to heal this poor boy right?

 

"Wanna dance together?I'll help you with your part.I performed that last year."Jongin said softly when Taemin had calmed down.

 

Taemin nodded wiping away his tears.Together, the two worked together. By the end of the night,the routine had been polished up and all was left was to piece it together. Which would had to wait.

 

"Baby?"a voice came through the door as it opened.A tall man with big eyes and messy hair greeted them.

 

"MINHO!"Taemin flung himself at his boyfriend and clung on to him.Jongin chuckled.

 

"Babe,who is this?"Minho asked with an air of suspicion. 

 

"JONGINNIE!!!He helped me with my routine,We're just friends okay?"Jongin chuckled at the nickname.

 

"Hello...Minho shii..."Jongin bowed politely and Minho did the same.

 

"I'll pack my things and we can go okay?"Taemin pecked Minho's lips.Taemin was bubbling with happiness two of his favourite people in the same room.Taemin had grew to like Jongin in the past 5 hours.

 

Once Taemin was done, he waved to Jongin promising to have a meal with him before they practiced the next day before skipping out of the room dragging Minho along.

 

That was the start if their friendship...

 

Word count:895

 

A/n:Helloooo a TaeKai oneshot cos I love these besties so so so much hahahahah.I haven't spell checked so bear with me.