Chapter 1

Scent

You glanced up directing your gaze from the book that was resting in your lap to the clock that was on the wall.  1:20 P.M. You placed the bookmark that laid on the arm of the couch in between its pages before closing it and setting it down on the coffee table in front of you. A soft yawn escaped your lips as you stood up stretching your limbs this way and that trying to regain feeling in each body part. You tugged the sleeves of your sweater down into your hands your slender fingers gripping the fabric in your palms tightly as you treaded through your shared apartment quietly. The cold wood beneath your feet made you shiver slightly as you walked down the hallway until you reached your destination.  The door to the bedroom was wide open giving you a clear view of what was inside. Leaning against the door you stared at your boyfriend Youngjae's hunched over figure that sat on the bed. His lips were pursed together in concentration as he narrowed his eyes down at the laptop screen that was in front of him. He passed a hand through his short black hair before resuming his constant clicking and typing. You couldn't help but smile at him. He was always so absorbed in his photography work. He treated it as if it were the very reason he was breathing and if he wasn't attentive to his work then he would get whiny with you and complain how he was going to die unless it turned out to be perfect. Normally you wouldn't bother him because he was known to have a small temper when he didn't want to be bothered. But today was different. Maybe it was the way the sunlight shone through the blinds accentuated his facial features making him look child like and innocent. Maybe it was the way his white v-neck hung loosely off his body letting you see more of his body then he actually wanted to show off. Or maybe it was the way he chewed on the corner of his lip in concentration as he continued to focus on the screen.

"Youngjae." You called out to him finally tired of just standing there. He answered you with a simple 'hmm?' his eyes never leaving the screen. "Youngjae." You called again. He said your name in response.

Removing yourself from your position up against the door frame you walked over to the bed that the two of you shared many memorable moments on crawling up on it and moving your body to position yourself behind his back. You stretched your legs out in front of you your body facing Youngjae's direction while you're legs were facing another. You called his name once more as you s your arms around his torso leaning forward to rest your cheek against his back. His muscles seemed to relax at your touch once you got settled and found a comfortable angle to rest both your arms and head. Your eyes slowly closed as your breathing began to match his almost habitually. Inhale, exhale. Inhale, exhale. You became hyper aware of him as the two of you became one in a sense. His stomach expanded and contracted slowly as he took in deep even breaths causing your hands to rise and fall with it. No noise could be heard with the exception of his fingers tapping the keyboard and mouse at a steady rhythm. With a turn of your head you buried your nose into the middle of his back inhaling slowly. His movements faltered for a moment before resuming once more. As you inhaled the light scent of lavender and cinnamon invaded your air passages. You couldn't actually define the other lingering scent that complimented the surprisingly good combination of lavender and cinnamon but you knew that it was Youngjae's scent. A smell you've gotten used to over the year that the two of you had been dating. You pulled your head upwards releasing his body from your light grip.

"Youngjae." You called to him once more determined to get his attention. 

"Yes?" He answered you still not paying you much attention. 

"What are you doing?" You asked as you stood up onto your knees draping the top half of your body against his back your arms wrapping around his neck loosely. You pressed a light kiss against his cheek before looking at his laptop screen. He let out a resigned sigh. He knew that you weren't going away any time soon but he still wanted to see if he could get more work done so he shook his shoulders lightly signaling for you to find a better resting position before turning his attention back to the screen.

"Editing." He began clicking on more things to enlarge a small picture before messing around with the contrast features. Slowly you reached your hand passed his arm and smacked his hand away from the keyboard.

"Pay attention to me." He clucked his tongue in disapproval as he heard the sudden request.

"I'm almost finished. Give me another hour." He moved your hand before going back to his mousepad. You let out a whiny groan knowing that it was one of the noises that he absolutely hated the most. Your grip around his neck suddenly became tight as your inchorent whining grew louder.

"Pay attention to meeee." You began shaking his body back and forth.

"Cut that out." You could practically hear him trying to surpress a smile. That only encouraged you to be even more obnoxious. You buried your face into the side of his neck moving your face back and forth tickling the base of his neck delicately. "What are you-" He flinched slightly as you gave one of his overly sensitive areas more attention than necessary.

"Yoo Youngjae." You stopped your movements abruptly much to his dissapointment. Finally he turned around to face you his almond shaped eyes staring at you with a playful twinkle in them. "Pay attention to me right now or i'll break your laptop."

He turned around once more grabbing his laptop in his hands as if he were scared that you actually were going to break it. Without a word he stood up walking to the farside of the room where the desk was. You folded your arms across your chest your eyebrows furrowed as you stared at your boyfriend's slender figure. He sat the laptop down as you began to yell at him complaining how he loved that laptop more than he loved you. Before you had time to react Youngjae ran over and jumped on the bed tackling you backwards in the process. You wriggled around his body letting out small yelps as he poked his index fingers at your sides. He grabbed your wrists pinning them down on the opposite sides of your head before attacking your face with soft kisses.

"You never let me work." He said in between kisses. "You're such a brat you know that?" He didn't leave any part of your face untouched except for your lips of course. "You big baby." As he finished the word baby his eyes met yours for a moment a bright smile settled across his lips as he realized how much you were actually enjoying the attention. He brought his face closer to yours his lips just a couple of centimeters away from your lips. His warm breath mingled with yours in a pleasent teasing way. Burning with anticipation you waited for a kiss but it never came.

"Yoo ing Youngjae." You said in annoyance which made him burst out into amused laughter.

You had enough of his teasing. While he wasn't suspecting anything you slipped your wrists from his grip pushing your palms against his chest shoving him back onto the bed. He looked up at you in shock as you straddled his body resting your on his pelvis allowing you to sit down in a comfortable position with your knees folded on opposite sides of his body.

"You're so annoying. You know that right?" He tilted his head in mock disbelief his fingers finding their way to rest on your thighs.

"Me? Well you don't say." His fingertips began tracing unknown designs on your thighs delicately sending small tingles throughout your body. 

"Are you calling me annoying sir?" You asked as you lean forward your lips was centimeters away from his only this time you were tthe one that was in control.

"No. Now give me a kiss." You scoffed.

"Did you really think that I was gonna-" You were caught off guard as he sat up slightly pecking your lips quickly before settling back down onto the bed. "YOUNGJAE!" You shouted as you sat up smacking your hand against his chest.

"That's my name." He laughed as he grabbed your waist tightly lightly throwing you to the side before rolling his body on top of yours. You let out loud complaints as you lightly hit his head. 

"Cheater!" You shouted before he pressed his lips against yours silencing any other threats that were going to come out of your mouth.

His eyes met yours for a split second before they fluttered closed as he glided his lips across yours kissing you passionately. Your hands slipped from his grip to raise upwards cupping his cheeks in your palms as you moved your lips in sync with his. This is what you adored about him. The way his actions always had some sort of meaning behind them. The way his lips moved against yours in a sense of urgency like this would be the last time that he would ever be able to kiss you. He pulled away from you reluctantly before moving his body from over top of you and flopping down beside you face first.

"You can't just end things there." A slight pout formed your lips as you turned your head to stare at the side of his face. He mumbled something inaudible making you hit him in his arm. "I swear I don't understand you."

"Shhhh." He finally said louder as he turned his head in your direction.

The sudden closeness was almost enough to make you cringe away from him. He could see every single detail on your face up close and personal. Normally he would make fun of something on your face which led to you hitting him and him pouting afterwards begging for your forgiveness as he clung to your body. But he didn't say anything he just continued to stare his eyes filled with adoration. You were his. You've seen him at his worse and at his best. No matter what had happened between the two of you, you stayed by his side cheering him on every step of the way. As he did for you. A small grin spread across his face as he reached his hand up to your face to caress your cheek gently.

"What are you looking at?" You noticed his gaze divert itself to your lips before looking back into your eyes.

"You. Dummy." He scooted closer to you draping an arm around your stomach placing a light peck on your lips once again. "I love you." He placed another kiss on your lips. "I love you so much." He said as he snuggled his face into the side of your neck inhaling slowly. He let out a soft hum his grip on your side tightening slightly.

"I love you too." You smiled as you reveled in the fact that Youngjae was just as big of a baby as you. Yet he always tried to hide it, but you knew better. He was a terrible liar.

"Do you really?" He muttered against your skin. You responded by a slight head node shivers traveling down your spine as his lips moved against your neck.

"Good." All of a sudden he sat upright and crawled over your body to get off the bed. 

"Where are you going?" You grumbled annoyed by his sudden actions.

"I really have to finish this. But I promise I'll give you all the snuggle time you want afterwards." He said as he quickly grabbed his laptop from the desk and practically ran out of the room. "I LOVE YOUUU." He singsonged as he locked himself in the bathroom. He was left with your angry yells as you chased after him banging on the door.

"YOO YOUNGJAE YOU MORON! I SWEAR WHEN YOU GET OUT OF THERE-" All of a sudden the door flew open. Youngjae leaned forward slightly placing a quick kiss on your lips before slamming and locking the door once more. "YOO YOUNGJAE YOU GET ON MY GODDAMN NERVES."

"I love you too!" He yelled from inside of the bathroom.