NO SEQUEL

Daddy on outstation.

Age roughly:

BangHim - 30

DaeJae - 7

Jongup - 5

Junhong - 4

 


 

Lights shone through light velvet colored curtains of the master bedroom. Youngjae screaming at her twin brother, Daehyun from across the hall is enough to tell Yongguk it’s 9. Or right after 9. And in one hour time, his company van will pick him up to the airport for a meeting.

He stretched himself before getting up from the bed and walk towards the bathroom. When he got out 20 minutes later, his clothes including his briefs had already been laid on the bed. He dressed himself from head to toe and by the time he’s done, it’s already 9.30am.

Yongguk walked to the nursery room right cross his room and found Jongup and Junhong playing bricks on the floor. Both were very quiet as both were concentrating on not letting the bricks fall.

“Hey…” he says, smiling with gums showing as he sat down behind his sons.

“Daddy, you sirpwise me!” Junhong said, hands at his chest, as though he had just gotten the shock of his life.

“Sorry Zelo…” Yongguk said, ruffling Junhong’s hair and he smiles at his father’s affection and special nickname for him.

“Where are you going, daddy?” Jongup frowned.

It’s Sunday and Jongup knows on Sunday, mommy and daddy usually sleeps in and daddy will make mommy screams behind the closed door with their usual weekends tickle fight. Mommy must be very ticklish.

But today mommy wakes up early? Daddy too?

“Daddy has works to do. Daddy will be back after two sleeps, okay?”

Junhong climbed on his daddy’s laps and hug his daddy’s neck. “Jello wanna pollow…”

“Uppie too…” Jongup said, following his baby brother actions.

Yongguk chuckled. “You can’t. You two, have to take care of mommy…”

Junhong pursed his small lips, thinking. He exchanged glance with Jongup before the two of them started cheering, “Okay!!!”

Their father laughed. “Come on, let’s go to the kitchen and eat breakfast together.”

He picks up both of them and the boys laughed. Their daddy is strong!

 

“BANG DAEHYUN, STOP TEASING YOUR SISTER!” Loud voice of Himchan boomed throughout the whole kitchen. She had enough of the twins fighting since they first wake up.

“But she started it!” Daehyun whined.

“No I did not!” Youngjae glared at her brother.

Daehyun glared back, fuming.

“You stole my crayons! I know you do! Now give it back!”

“I don’t have time to steal your stupid crayons.”

“ARGGHHHH!!!” Daehyun screamed, pulling Youngjae’s hair resulting to the loud crying of the family’s princess.

Oh god, Himchan thought. I’m going to have a migraine.

“BANG DAEHYUN, BANG YOUNGJAE!”

The twins became startled; Daehyun stopped pulling Youngjae’s hair, and the girl stopped crying. Their father had just arrived to the scene, long enough to understand what the crisis was.

“Daehyun, let go of your sister hair. Youngjae, wipe your face,” Yongguk said with a stern voice, watching the twins with sharp eyes.

The twins did as they were told as Yongguk set the surprised Jongup and Junhong down. The maknaes ran to their mother who was relieved that the father is here to set the elders straight.

Jongup and Junhong plant their faces to their mother’s legs, too scared to look.

“Both of you go kneel facing the wall with both of your hands raised and don’t you dare move or make any sound,” Yongguk said. The low volume of their father’s voice made both Daehyun and Youngjae so scared; they almost peed in their pants.

“Let’s eat,” Yongguk said to Himchan.

Himchan went stunned. “But Yongguk, Daehyun and Youngjae still haven’t eaten yet?”

Yongguk look up to his wife and with the same low tone he used on DaeJae, he said, “I said, let’s eat. They can eat after their punishment ends.”

Youngjae, hearing that, started crying let tears fall on her chubby cheeks. She’s really hungry…

Himchan nodded. “C’mon baby, let’s eat,” she said, pulling along the still scared Jongup and Junhong to sit at the table. That was not the first time they saw their older brother and sister scold by their father but they just cannot help from being scared.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay with me going on outstation? I can just cancel and ask for a replacement?” Yongguk said softly, worried about his 24 weeks pregnant wife.

“Mom is coming here today with dad. I’ll be fine, Bbang…” Himchan smiled, Junhong and Jongup stood behind her while DaeJae were still undergoing their punishment; not even dare to whine they’re tired.

Youngjae had stopped crying but her face still glistened with tears.

“How’s Yongchan?” Yongguk said, hands rubbing his wife’s belly.

Himchan smiled at their baby’s new name, combination of both of their names.

“He’s okay… He kicked this morning but nothing too active. He probably knows daddy won’t be here to feel his kick.”

Himchan pouted and Yongguk kissed her nose. He then kneeled down on both knees and started speaking to his wife’s stomach, "Bye bye baby. Don't give mommy trouble, okay? Daddy will come back after two sleeps. You'll take care of mommy, right? Don't come out without me, okay?" Yongguk said, and he kissed Himchan's baby bump.

Himchan smiled at her husband’s affection.

Yongguk gummy smiled at his wife.

“Daehyun, Youngjae, come here… Say goodbye to daddy…” Himchan softly calls her twins.

“Daddy said not to move,” Youngjae said, sniffled a little.

“Daehyun, Youngjae... Come here to daddy…” Yongguk said softly.

Both of the twins got up before groaned at the slight pain in their knees due to kneeling for almost 20 minutes.

Daehyun staggered to his daddy, and sit in his laps, wrapping his arms around Yongguk while mumbling sorry.

“Daddy’s sorry too…” Yongguk said and he started wiping Daehyun’s tears that had suddenly started flowing down his chubby cheeks. “Daddy won’t be here to take care of mommy, of you, Jae, Uppie and Zelo. Daddy only has you to count on. If you fight with Jae all the time, mommy is going to be sick and who’s going to cook for you? So can you take care of them for daddy?”

“Yes, daddy…” Daehyun said.

“Poppo…” Yongguk said and Daehyun pecked his father’s lips.

Himchan smiled. Yongguk kissed Daehyun’s forehead and helped him got up from his lap.

“Princess Jae? Come here to daddy…”

Youngjae crawled to her daddy and resume Daehyun’s position. Daehyun now is devouring breakfast, ignoring the goodbyes for a while. Daehyun is hungry and when Daehyun is hungry, Daehyun gotta eat.

“I’m sorry Princess… But daddy needs to teach you not to fight with your siblings. It’s not nice, dear. Promise me you’ll take care of mommy and helps babysits your brothers?”

“Okay daddy…” Youngjae said, and she kissed her daddy cheeks before hugging Yongguk’s neck.

“Poppo…” Yongguk said and Jae pecked his lips before got up.

Jongup and Junhong both ran to their father and hugged his neck.

“Be nice… Poppo…”

The brothers each pecked their father’s lips and ran back towards their mother.

Yongguk gummy smiled once again at Himchan and started kissing her.

“I’ll be back before you know it.”

 

 

 


 

Comment please...