Subchapter- Home for the Holidays

A Change that Lasts a Lifetime

Authors Note: Hello lovely readers, I'm up right now at 12:30pm, MERRY CHRISTMAS! Or whatever holiday you celebrate ;). I feel like I should do a nice interaction between Hiseumin and the members. Enjoy!! well that was a while ago huh? Either way, sorry it's late, please enjoy!

It was Christmas morning in Korea, quiet in some places, others were loud like pubs in New York City. For Bangtan, it was quiet, each boy was wrapped up in their blanket and slept soundly, all but one, the newest addition to their troops, Go Hiseumin. An American boy who had the luck and talent to join the group, but also had the spirit to wake up at 1am to prepare a special surprise for his fellow band mates. That was 3 hours ago though, now it was 4 am and other boys were rustling out of bed. Time flew fast for the boy with almost no time, he rushed until he finished his project and collapsed with his head on the kitchen table. 
The young boy was awoken by the sound of laughter and loud talking around him. His wrist was being shaken, he saw as he opened his eyes from a 1 hour nap. His hair was a shade of green and he wore a Santa hat all the while, "what time is it?" He asked groggily.
"Hiseumin!" Suga and Jungkook helped up the limp member and brought him to the scene of his work. In front of the boys stood a beautifully trimmed and decorated Christmas tree. "Is it real?" Jimin asked in excitement. 
"hm? Oh, yes it is," Hiseumin took hold of himself and stood up throwing his hands in the air with a wide smile," Merry Christmaaaaaaaaaas!!!!!!" Jimin was first to take Hiseumin up in a hug, followed with a back hug by V and the rest. 
"It's so pretty!" Jin took a picture of the lit tree with his phone.
"It must've been expensive, we normally have a fake tree, but this is new," RapMon put his arm around Hiseumin's shoulders in approval.
"Not only the tree, there're presents, from Santa!" Taehyung exclaimed and searched through the small ring of gifts for those with his name on it.
"Man Hiseumin, you really didn't have to do this..." RapMon, scrunched his eyebrows, but anyone could tell he was also excited.
Hiseumin laughed and brought himself to the small pile of presents, picked a few out, and handed them to the leader. "Here, these are yours.... Go ahead... Have fun." RapMon took hold of the gifts and seemed to be working to control his happiness. 
"Hooyyyaaaah!!!!" Jungkook jumped up in the air with Jimin and Taehyung. They were holding their gifts up in joyful glee. 
"What did you guys get?" Hiseumin joined the fray, not so actively, but soulfully. 
Jungkook bolted up with his presents in his hands. "I got a sketch book with really good quality paper! Coloring pens and pencils and the latest Big Bang album!" 
"I got a sweater," Jimin stated, "and comical t-shirts with bracelets!"
"I got a sock monkey!" Taehyung squeezed the stuffed animal in his arms. "I also have sock monkey socks!" He nuzzled the soft fabrics close to his face.
In the corner of the room, the manager stood with a smile on his face, no one paid attention to him, but he was worth noticing. 
"Woah! I got an $30 ITunes gift card and a headset..." Suga wondered at his gifts without jumping around like the others did. "For recording... These are expensive...." He examined the headphones even closer.
Jin hugged his gifts with a cute smile on his face. He was quiet but content in showing off all he had received, an apron, oven mitts, a multi cultural cookbook, and a camera. 
Rapmon already had his gifts in use, "these are really nice earbuds." He wore a new pair of sparkling Christmas wreath earrings and had Beats earbuds popped in his ears, a new pair, which replaced the past lost ones. "Did you get all of this for us?" He turned toward the quiet and smiling Hiseumin, the other members made some serious eye contact as well. 
"Psh, no, I have baskets for manager-nim, HitmanBang, and little things for our helpers." Hiseumin laughed.
"How on earth did you afford all of this?" RapMonster's face turned from that of delight to that of worry. 
"I used money of course, what else?" Hiseumin kept a happy face on even though he felt guilt build up in him for no real good reason. 
"Hiseumin, maknae, you know yourself how expensive all of this stuff was, and there's even things for people who aren't the members." RapMon had attracted the attention of the others, even the manager was eyeing them in suspicion. "With the amount we get paid, there's no way you could get all of this...." There was a sudden realization and Hiseumin braced himself for impact. "You used your personal christmas money?!" 
"I didn't use ALL of it!" The maknae laughed nervously. "I still have $100 left."
"What did you have before?"
Hiseumin took a deep breath as he answered quietly, "$800," and cringed at RapMonster's next move. 
"Hiseumin! You said you were going to save money to visit your parents!!" Hiseumin put his hand on his head, in the motion of there being a headache. "Why on earth would you give that up and buy us silly presents?" 
"Namjoon." Hiseumin replied loudly and stately, he felt all too passionate about this event. "All my life, I've had wonderful Christmases, filled with presents and the presence of my friends and my family," he eyed them down to keep them from speaking. "I wanted to give you guys the same thing, presents like what I got. The feeling of being absolutely ecstatic waking up Christmas morning to find presents under a real decorated tree," he took a moments breath before starting up again. "You guys spend every year making songs and suffering illness for us fans. You don't get to see your parents unless it's in the most rare of occasions. I know how you feel, but I want you to feel the kind of happiness I feel almost all the time at this time of year." Hiseumin's voice began to crack as he neared the end of his emotional monologue. He coughed back his obvious tear development as the members stared at him in thankful and worried wonder.
"You're amazing," Namjoon took Hiseumin up in a hug. It was filled with warmth, happiness, sadness; regular skinship couldn't even compare. 
The other members joined in the hug to comfort the shaking maknae. 
"You're so good to us Hiseumin, I'm so glad that you're here to take care of us." Namjoon buried his face in Hiseumin's neck, startling Hiseumin slightly, but making the whole situation so much more beautiful. 
"This... Is the best Christmas I've ever had..." Jungkook's crying voice was heard within the large group hug. 
"Ha ha ha ha, I'm glad Jungkook!" Hiseumin shouted out in glee. 
Laughs emanated from inside and outside of the group. 
"Even if I wanted to be home for the holidays," Hiseumin addressed the rest of the group. "I'd much rather work to give you all a wonderful Christmas Day."
RapMon rubbed Hiseumin's head like a cat, "it's a wonderful start to the day."
"Hey, how about we go out to eat? My treat!" Hiseumin urged the boys to accept, and when they did, he found it to be a very merry Christmas."

Author's note #2: I did this really quickly, sorry guys, lots of traveling for me. I hope you liked it, since I didn't edit or anything. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!