Decision

Too Little Too Late

Recap

"Kwonie... I... I didn't mean to... You have to believe me! You are still precious to me..." Ga-In pleaded, looking into the cold stare that he is giving her. At that moment, she couldn't recognize the person standing in front of her. At that moment, she finally understand why he stopped contacting her for one year. She had hurt him so much, because of her selfishness.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Noona, you are someone precious to me and I still want you to be in my life. But I can't believe that you can leave everything behind you and act as if nothing happened between us!" Jo Kwon exclaimed. That period when he was recovering from his heartbreak was not something that can be forgotten so easily, yet to Ga-In, it was as if nothing had happened. It was as if she was never affected by what happened between them.

"Kwonnie... I'm sorry... I'm really sorry... I didn't know I hurt you so much... Please... Don't look at me that way... I love you... Always have and always will." Ga-In pleaded. Looking at Jo Kwon's reaction, she had a very bad feeling. It's as if she will lose Jo Kwon for real this time. She's afraid... So afraid... She hugged him tightly as tears pour as she begged him to listen to her explanation. Jo Kwon kept quiet and wait for her explanation, but there was none, because there's nothing she can say. She is the one that left him. She is the one that betrayed their feelings. She was the one that pushed him away. She was the one who only cared about herself. She is the one that doesn't deserve him anymore.

"Noona... I know that there's nothing you can say, because that's who you really are. I know that, yet I still loved you, because I thought I could be the one to change you. I thought I can be the one that you will care for more than you care for yourself. But I guess I was wrong. You are wrong too. You don't love me anymore. You just think that you love me, because you want to get back something that you lost. You love yourself, and that's why you think that you are still in love with me." Jo Kwon clarified. Even though it hurts to say all these to her, he knows that she has to know. Prying her arms away from his waist, Jo Kwon turn around and walked away.

"How did this happen? I thought we were one... Heart, mind and soul..." Ga-In whispered, burying her face in her hands. She doesn't want him to leave, because she knows that the moment he leave, that will be it for the two of them. Yet there is nothing she can think of that can make him stay. Am I just going to watch him leave?

"You left me! What do you want now!" Jo Kwon squeezed her shoulders tightly. It's taking everything he has to not breakdown once again. Little by little, his vision started to blur and tears started rolling down. I worked so hard to move on! Why must you do this to me now? I moved on... I MOVED ON! Stop playing with my heart...

"Kwonnie... Please... I'm really sorry... I don't want to lose you... I mean it this time round.. Really! I don't want to lose you... Please..." Ga-In begged. Not knowing what else to do, she plant a kiss on his lips, hoping to feel his warmth once again, but all that greeted her was lips that are cold and unresponsive. Rejected, Ga-In said angrily, "You dare to say you don't feel anything towards me anymore?!"

"Noona... I will be lying if I said that I stopped loving you... But I've moved on... I don't deserve you, and neither do you deserve me. It's time to move on. You wouldn't lose me as a friend, but if you expect something more than that, don't blame me if I decide that some distance is healthy for us." Jo Kwon replied and he left the house, leaving Ga-In kneeling on the floor crying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Min was busy for the entire week, and Jo Kwon had not visited her since that day when he came over to JYP to have dinner with her. Worried, she decided to call him, but his phone was switched off. As she has no time to go down to the dormitory to check on him, she decided to give Seul Ong a call.

"Ne Seul Ong, is Kwon alright? He hasn't been contacting me lately." Min asked.

"Erm.... I wouldn't say he is alright, I also can't say that he is not alright. He has been staying at home for the past one week ever since he came back from visiting Ga-In the other night. He hasn't left the house other than going home to visit his mum. I don't know what happened between Ga-In and him, but he had been moody ever since." Seul Ong replied. For Jo Kwon, he lied to Min. The three of them knew what happened, but Jo Kwon had asked them to keep it a secret from Min. He wasn't ready to tell her, because he wasn't ready to lose her. Thinking that Min will break up with him after knowing about the kiss he shared with Ga-In, even though the members kept telling him that he didn't do it willingly and Min would understand, he couldn't bring himself to confess. 

"Oh alright. Can you ask him to contact me as soon as possible? At least send a greeting or what I don't care. I won't ask him what happened as well so just ask him to contact me." Min replied.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jo Kwon looked up at the ceiling as he lie in his bed. He had been sleeping so much for the entire week that he couldn't fall asleep anymore. But still, he felt so drained. He felt so empty and alone. For the entire week, he had been scolding himself for even thinking about the possibility of getting back together with Ga-In and forgetting about Min. Just then, his phone rang. 

"Kwon ah... Min just called me. She's very worried about you. Can you just contact her? She said that she won't ask about anything." Seul Ong informed. As expected from Min. How is it that she can always be so understanding? After thanking Seul Ong, Jo Kwon decided to drop a message to Min. He has decided to break the news to her today. He drop her a message and he went out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After her call with Seul Ong, Min was staring at her phone absentmindedly when she was surprised by the sudden vibration. Appearing on her screen is Jo Kwon's message, asking her to give him a bit of her time as he is rushing down to JYP to meet with her. Nervous as to what he is going to say to her, she immediately replied him to meet at the cafeteria downstairs.

While waiting for Jo Kwon, Min thought of all kinds of scenario that might happen later, scaring herself more than she intended to. What if he is asking to break up because he is back together with Ga-In unnie? Or is he going to tell me that he had never loved me and had always used me as a spare tire until Ga-In unnie comes back to him? Aish.. I'm really going crazy.

While Min was nervous about non existing things, Jo Kwon on the other hand is worried about existing situations. With each heavy steps he took towards JYP, he recite over and over again in his mind on how he is going to confess to Min about what had happened and how he is going to ask for forgiveness. Breaking out into a cold sweat, he finally reached the cafeteria and saw his girlfriend seated back facing him. Taking a deep breath, he walked towards her and gave her a peck on her cheek.

"How are you? You look tired. Is Jin Young Hyung pushing you guys too much again?" Jo Kwon asked gently. To him, Min still looks so gorgeous even when she's sweaty. 

"Yea I'm fine. He did ask a bit too much from us, but better not let him hear me say that." Min joked. Awkwardly, the two of them stopped talking as they stared at each other.

Clearing his throat, Jo Kwon continued, "Min... I have something to confess..."

"Ah jakkaman... I don't think I'm ready to hear this..." Min said as she force out a smile. "Will you like a drink first?" 

"Min ah... I'm sorry..." Jo Kwon continued, ignoring Min's sudden interupption. I guess this is it... "I... with Ga-In noona... I... did wrong" Jo Kwon stammered, unable to bring his message across.

Hearing the tone of his voice, Min realized that he is not here to leave her, but he is here to seek forgiveness for whatever things he did with Ga-In unnie. Calming herself down, she hold on to his hand and said, "Kwon... I won't leave. Tell me what happened."

"Min ah... I'm really sorry... Don't leave me... I... kissed Ga-In noona..." Jo Kwon confessed. Min kept quiet as Jo Kwon continued to explain what had happened that night. With tears in his eyes, Min can see how afraid he is about confessing all these to her. She is angry, and she felt betrayed too. But above all, she felt his love. Towards a love that he held so tightly for so long, he had the resolve to let go, just so that she wouldn't let go. 

"I understand if you want to break up with me... All I can say now is I'm really sorry, and I really love you a lot." Jo Kwon said as he concluded the story. 

"Kwon... I'm not leaving you. But don't get me wrong. I am angry. Very angry. But I also understand how hard this is for you. So if it's alright, can I demand a condition that you have to agree no matter what?" Min replied. Jo Kwon looked up and nodded vigorously, but his face fell once again as Min said, "I want you to cut off all contacts with Ga-In unnie."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter is dedicated to angelkwon, Kdo217, ElleJacobs, arghkpop and maereyes, as all of your comments have encouraged me greatly and you guys are the reason I am still dedicated to write a good story. So thank you guys a lot, and continue to comment and tell me places in which I can improve! 

As for those silent readers, I am thanful as well, but please let me have the chance to thank you individually by commenting!