Daring

You Have a Bet

A brunette girl looked out at the sea, inhaling sharply as salty sea scent wafted through the air. The world was perfect, if only for a moment-- 

"Ha Se-ri!" 

The girl - apparently named Se-ri - flipped around at the sudden disturbance. The disturbance was assumedly caused by the male running towards her; a boy that looked about 17, with dyed silver hair with blue streaks, matching blue contacts and an eyebrow piercing. She sighed, half-raising her hand in an irritated hello.

"Hi, Soonyul," she said, still very much irritated with him for disturbing her heavenly silence. 

"Yah, you don't sound very happy to see me," Soonyul pouted and pointed at her. "I, the almighty Si Soonyul!"

Se-ri rolled her eyes; Soonyul punched her playfully.

"You should really be nicer to me, Soonyul," Se-ri punched him back. "Our parents want us to get married someday, remember?"

Soonyul groaned.

"Hopefully they'll get amnesia or something and forget--" - a smile slowly crept onto his lips - "--because as much as I love you, Se-ri, I think I would get gray hairs and die if I married you."

"Ouch," Se-ri playfully acted out like she'd been stabbed. "Your words offend me, Soonyul! They hurt my heart. I am wounded."

She spun around and fell intentionally on Soonyul. But instead of focusing on his pleads for her to get off of him, she focused on a nearby yell.

"Darnit, you stupid fish, just get on the stupid line already!" the belongs-to-a-man-but-not-really-manly voice exclaimed. Se-ri found it came from her right, so she turned her head and looked, cupping her hands in a binocular fashion even though it did nothing.

It was faint, but she saw an attractive guy who was probably a teenager - and her, being the attractive-dude-obsessed girl she was, decided to go and see if she could win him over.

Well, actually, she didn't decide it right then. She had a mental debate on whether or not she should, whether or not he would think her to be some escaped asylum patient (and with her way-too-crazy makeup and the fact that she was literally in love with a stranger, it would be a fair judgement), and whether or not she would be struck down by lightning when she said "Hi, I'm Ha Se-ri, and I'm in love with you". She couldn't decide, so she spoke up to her still-pleading friend.

"Soonyul, Soonyul," Se-ri got a devilish look. "Hey Soonyul. Do you think I should go over there and say hi to that guy?"

She pointed in the direction of the stranger. Soonyul shook his head quickly.

"Heck no, you'd be all 'Oppa~ Saranghae~'" he mockingly did gwiyomi. "I know you well enough to know that you'd make a mess of things, you man-crazed person."

Se-ri crossed her arms and huffed. "I'll win him over. Just you wait."

"I'll give you five months," Soonyul bet. "If you can get him to date you in five months' time, I'll give you a cookie--"

"More like slavery for a month!"

"Fine. Only because it would be really, really, really, really, really--"

"Get on with it already."

"--impressive. If you lose -- which I know you will -- you have to call me sunbaenim for a month. Deal?"

"Fair enough. You have a bet." Se-ri got off his lap and shook his hand in agreement, laughing. "Prepare to wash my feet, Soonyul!"

"You'd better get used to saying sunbaenim, Ha Se-ri. Soonyul-sunbaenim..." Soonyul smiled thoughtfully. "Ah, I can see it now."