Let love do its work.

Let Love Do its Work

The world seems to stop. He’s looking at me, straight in the eye…

“Vika, I can’t do this. I’m sorry… I can’t…”

“Jungkook…”

 

----

“He’s such a cutie! You should have seen him, OMG! Too bad that you were absent yesterday.”

“Not a big deal, I will meet him later in class.” I said to, Irene, my best friend.

“Sorry, you won't. He'll be absent today, hahahaha!”

“How the hell did you know that? Are you his manager, or what?”

 

We were talking about the new transfer student, Jung Guk. Irene told me that he’s a trainee at Bighit entertainment, a company I honestly never heard of. I’m guessing that when he debut, he wouldn’t be that popular because he’s not from a big company. Sorry, but that’s the truth, eh? If you don’t belong to the top agencies, you won’t make it big in the industry…

 

On our way to our next class, I see about 20 girls, or should I say fangirls, outside our classroom. They were giggling, screaming, fainting and crying. I wonder who’s inside our classroom that made them go crazy like that…

 

“Oppa! Please look here, please oppa!” “I love you, oppa! Fighting!” “Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!” These are what the girls were saying.

 

“What’s happening here?” Irene asked me.

“I don't know... I should be asking you that, I wasn’t here yesterday. Let’s just go inside and find out.” I said.

 

So they were all basically blocking the doorway, “Excuse me! Excuse us! Students who belong to this class, passing through!” Irene shouted. Some girls were kind enough to move aside, but there are 5 girls who stays in the doorway

“Hi, excuse us, could you let us come inside.” I kindly asked, but they doesn’t seem to hear anything, they just keep on giggling.

“I said, EXCUSE MEEE!” And they stop. Everyone had stopped, even the ones who were walking in the hallway and they all stared at me.

And this one girl approach me, and said “What’s your problem, huh?”

I was taken aback for a moment, but I replied with a proud tone, “You girls are our problem, you are blocking the way.”

She's about to say something but someone speaks, “I beg you noonas, please stop shouting and screaming. We are disturbing the other class.”

 

Is this reason why these girls are here? Now I know why…

Is he our new classmate? I thought he'll be absent today...

When Irene said he's a cutie, did she meant this much?

 

He adds, “And please let my classmates pass through and go to your respective class. Let’s study well, arasso? Fighting noonas!” 

Immediately, his fangirls said their apologies and went back to their classes.

 

The world seems to stop. He’s looking at me now, straight in the eye…

 

Irene moves next to me, and she whispers, “Girl, stop staring.” I hold her hand, and squeeze it, our secret signal that a handsome guy was spotted.

I did not realize that I was staring at him… And I won’t deny that I’m enjoying the view.

 

“Hi, are both of you okay? I’m sorry for that, I really didn’t mean this to happen here, I’m very sorry.”

And that did not end there, he bows 90 degrees, to show his sincerity.

 

He looks so cute that I laugh.

Oops, why did I laughed?

 

Surprisingly, he laughs too. “I’m sorry, I must have look stupid, hahaha! Let’s go inside now.”

“Oh, by the way, my name is Jeon Jung Guk, but you can call me, Jungkook. Please take care of me.”

 

-------

Jungkook, doesn't always come to school, and whenever he does, he makes sure that we always hang out with him...

Sometimes, he performs in front of us.

When he's not at school, when he's training, he films himself with his hyungs and sends it to us.

Me and Irene become Jungkook's fangirl, but since we're his friends, he thinks that it is our responsibility to support him and his group BTS...

 

In a few days now, they're finally going to debut as an official boy group of Bighit.

 

He barely come to school.

He barely communicate with us.

I barely see him.

I understand that they are busy preparing and practicng, but I miss him.

Yes, I miss Jungkook. And this makes me feel sad and confused.

 

Am I allowed to feel this way?

What am I feeling? I'm not sure either...

 

I'm sitting on the floor, outside our classroom when I saw Irene coming into my direction.

"What's up, Vika?!" she greeted me but I didn't answer, I'm not in the mood to talk.

"When Jungkook is not here, you often snob me, huh? I should feel jealous because I'm your bestfriend and he's just our friend we met few months ago but he's more worthy of your time... You know, i'ts weird that I don't feel any jealousy at all... Maybe because I feel something is wrong?"

I still did not react, and I just stare at the lockers in front of me, then she continues, "Am I right? There's something wrong? Vika, you should know that there's nothing wrong with liking someone..."

I clearly heard everything she said... In my thoughts, I said, "Now I know what I am feeling... No. I don't like him. I love him."

Irene clears and said, "Did you mean to say that out loud, or just in your thoughts?"

Out of frustration, I put both of my palm in my face, and said, "Irene, you know me so well..." And the tear I've been holding in, started to fall.

"Of course, I do, you idiot. Let it all out. Everything will be alright. Let love do its work." She sat down with me, and hugged me. I hugged her back.

 

"What happened? Who made you cry?!"

Jungkook appeared out of nowhere.

 

****Jungkook's POV****

I didn't like it at first when I came to this school.

I really wanted to be an idol that I'm willing to do anything, even to quit school.

"Education is important. If you want to be an idol, you have to become a role model for your fans. Always remember that. So you have to finish highschool, okay? And I already enrolled you to a school where your schedules will be in consideration." That's what our PD-nim said, and that's why I ended up in this school.

 

But everything changed since I met Irene and Vika. I usually can't avoid to be awkward whenever I'm around girls, but with these two, I can be myself.

 

I can't always attend our class, so whenever I do, I hang out with them.

I also wish that they could to see me perform, but can't show off yet, so, sometimes I randomly sing, dance or act in front of them.

And when I'm not with them, I always make sure to send video clips of the things I do, and mostly I include my hyungs in the video just for fun...

Both Irene and Vika claimed to be my fangirls, my two very supportive friends, hahaha!

 

I honestly really need them and their support now, because in a few days we, BTS, will finally debut. I'm a bit excited about everything.

We practice our dance routine nonstop.

We vocalize 'til our throat can hold it.

I can feel the restlessness and the adrenaline rush at the same time...

Though I'm happy being all busy for our debut, a part of me wants to be with Vika...

I miss her.

 

Luckily, today is our day-off from all the pratice, I can go to school and meet Irene and once again, be with my Vika.

I won't deny that I like her. In fact, I like her very much. Who wouldn't? I've heard most of the guys in our class fancies her. And out of Vika and Irene's knowledge I warned those guys not to go anywhere near Vika, because she's mine, not that she knows it... But Irene does, she always caught me looking at Vika endearingly, she confronted me immediately one time when Vika is not around...

"Do you like her?" She asked, in a very serious way, but I didn't answer.

"Yaaah! Answer me."

"You already know I do, why asked? Aigoo, Irene this is embarrassing." I confessed.

"Confess to Vika now."

"WHAT?! Are you nuts?! I can't."

"Why?"

"What if she doesn't feel the same way?"

"What if she does?"

"I hope she does... but if she does, it won't work. I'm busy preparing for our debut. I will not have any time for her. I will just hurt her."

"You're thinking ahead. Just tell her that you like her, and let love do its work."

 

With that, I've been gathering up my confidence to confess to her... But whenever I'm about to, I lose all the confidence I have...

I can't. I can't risk the friendship we have now, I don't want to lose her. I want to keep her by my side.

 

------

When I arrived at school, I went to our room and I saw Vika sitting outside, she looks sad, with Irene standing next to her. It looks like they're having a serious conversation there. I decided not to disturb them, but I hide myself so I could eavesdrop on their conversation, hehe.

"Am I right? There's something wrong? Vika, you should know that there's nothing wrong with liking someone..."

Wait, what?! Vika likes someone? Who? I didn't know any guy she's close to, except me? How? I feel pain inside my chest.

"Now I know what I am feeling... No. I don't like him. I love him."

If it's true that your heart can shatter literally, mine just did. It hurts. This eavesdropping is a bad idea.

"Did you mean to say that out loud, or just in your thoughts?" Irene said.

"Irene, you know me so well..."

Vika started crying. I want to comfort her, but I think I'm also about to cry from all I've heard.

"Of course, I do, you idiot. Let it all out. Everything will be alright. Let love do its work."

 

Let love do its work...

It won't work until someone admits that he's inlove.

I am inlove with Vika.

 

I will confess now even though she loves someone else.

I showed myself to them, "What happened? Who made you cry?!"

Both of them look shocked to see me, especially Vika.

 

"Why? What's with your faces?" I asked.

"You have to talk with, Vika." Irene said as she's getting on to her feet, but Vika grabbed her hand, and pulled her down, so she fell on to her .

"What the hell, Vika?! It hurts!" Irene exclaimed and Vika laughed a little, "Oops, I'm sorry, stay here with me."

"Jungkook is here, talk to him." Then she looked at me, and gave me a wink, and she stands up.

"I'm leaving you two here, I'll go inside." and Irene left us.

 

"Who is he that made you cry? Tell me." I asked Vika. Who does he think he is to make my girl cry, I would really punch the hell out of him once I knew his name.

"Let's talk somewhere else, please. Follow me." She walks away not even waiting for my response so I followed her.

 

-----

********Vika's POV*******

I lead him in the quadrangle. I sat in the bleacher, and I patted the seat next to me, he then sits down.

"You wanna know who made me cry?" I asked him.

"Yes." His short reply.

"Why?"

"I will beat him to death."

I looked at him, he looks so serious, he doesn't seems to be fooling around.

"Why would you do that?"

Not answering my question he asked, "Why did you cry? Is he that worthy of your tears, Vika?"

"Yes. He is."

"No! He's not!" He shouts.

"Yes! Yes you are!" I shout back, not realizing what I just said.

"Me?" He look stunned.

 

Damn, did I just confessed to him?

There's no turning back now. Better do this quickly.

"Yes, you, Jungkook. You're the one who made me cry."

He stared at me blankly. What is he thinking? Is he mad? I can feel the tear coming out of my eyes, but I have to stop, hold it back. I have to tell him what I feel about him though I know he doesn't feel the same way.

"I'm assuming you heard our conversation. Jungkook, I love you. I'm sorry. I don't want to feel this way, but it can't be helped."

 

The world seems to stop. He’s looking at me, straight in the eye…

“Vika, I can’t do this. I’m sorry… I can’t…” He covered his face with his hands.

“Jungkook…” And I started to cry.

 

Nice. I've been rejected immediately. I can't deal with this now, I'm so embarrassed. I should just leave.

I stand up, but before I can walk away jungkook grabbed me by the arm and pulled me. I got out of balance, I thought I was going to fall on the floor but he had catch me. "Don't leave, Vika. Please, listen to what I have to say first." And he smiled.

 

Though I'm so emabarrased, I sit again, but this time my back is facing him...

"Hey, are you not going to face me?" He asked.

"No."

He sighed. "Okay, but please listen carefully."

"I can't do this. I shouldn't. But... Vika... I like you since the first time I saw you. Since the moment I saw you outside our classroom, I knew that I had to make you mine. But I can't. In a matter of days, Vika, we will debut. We will be on TV shows, radio shows or anywhere we could promote ourselves. Promoting will take up all our time. My time... I don't know what will happen with my studies anymore. Do you understand what I'm saying?

"There are lot of times when I want to tell you how I feel... But whenever I try to, I'm losing all the confidence I have. And then I thought, if I confess to you, I might lose you as my friend. And I don't want that to happen...

"I didn't wish you to be embarrassed in front of me, but I am very grateful that you confessed to me. Earlier, when I heard you that you love someone, I got jealous and hurt. Who would have thought that it's me you're referring to...

"Irene once told me that I should let love do its work...

"Vika... I don't like you anymore..."

 

What?! I thought he's saying all these things because he like me? Oh my God, I'm making a fool out of myself...

"Damn you, Jung---" I wasn't able to finish my sentence...

Because he hugged me.

 

"Because, I'm already inlove with you."

 

Now I'm speechless. I just wrapped my arms around him.

I was wrong, he feels the same way. He loves me too.

 

He whispered in my ears, "Let's not rush things, Vika. This may not be easy, especially now that I'm going to debut. I have to keep you hidden... Please understand. But I know everything will alright... Don't you have anything to say huh?"

I let go from the hug. I held his face...

"Jungkook, no words can describe how I feel at the moment... Only this." And I close the distance us with a kiss.

 

 

 

THE END.