The confession

The confession

How should I say this? I’ve thought about it hundreds of times in my head. 
I love you. I love you. I love you. I’m going to say this to her tomorrow, yes I must.

 

He kept on tossing and turning on bed last night when he finally received her long awaited reply. It felt like he had just drank hundreds of cups of coffee or had an over dosage of caffeine. He felt so excited and his heart was beating so rapidly like it was going to jump out from his chest anytime. He could not fall asleep as his head was filled with all the thoughts of being able to meet her tomorrow. The date, yes date according to him, that he had been dreaming of all day. He had come up with a perfect plan for tomorrow which he called it “Kyu’s flawless confession plan”.

——

“Omo! My face looks horrible!!” He was shocked when he saw his face in the mirror. According to his perfect plan, he should look suave and charming like those prince-like lead characters in anime. But what he saw in the mirror was the total opposite. His skin looks dull and the thick eye bags and dark eye rings are not helping at all. His hair was a total mess as well. It was so disobedient and it just does not turn out the way he want it to be. Sometimes he wonder if it was grass that was growing on his head cause it always give him so much trouble to manage it. Frustrated, he dapped some hair gel onto his palm, rubbed his hands together to make sure they are evenly distributed and then scrunched his hair with his fingers, hoping that it would keep the curls and make him look good. Unknowingly, it was 8am already and there was only an hour left till his meeting with Soomin. So, he just grabbed a pair of glasses, which he thought could help in hiding those eye bags, and dashed out of his house. “No, no! My perfect plan is not suppose to start like this!” he thought. He walked as fast as he could to the nearby florist as he rested the pair of glasses on his sharp nose along the way.

Kyuhyun had to admit that he was shocked when he reached the florist. All along, the definition of flower in his dictionary means rose, rose and rose. And right now there were so many different kinds of flowers in front of his eyes and he could not decide which one he should be getting for Soomin. Hmmm, Should I buy this one? Or should I buy another? He just couldn’t make up his mind. They all look the same to him and he started cursing at himself for not knowing what type of flower Soomin likes. Time was running out and it was going to be 9am soon. He could not afford to be late on this date. “Ah I don’t know anymore!” he sighed.

“Do you need any help?” the florist came just in time.

“Oh yes ajjuma! Do you know what type of flowers girls like?”

“Hmmm, what kind of girl are you buying it for?”

“A cheerful and kind person. A person who is like my sunshine after a hard day.”

“Then these sunflowers must be most suitable for her!”

“Alright, then I’ll get these! Ajjuma, please make it prettier!”

“Sure, you can count on me!”  

——

As planned, Kyuhyun reached the entrance of the park fifteen minutes before the actual meeting time because he wanted to see the sight of Soomin arriving and looking around for him. And soon, she arrived.

There she was, dressed in a sapphire blue jumper with a white tee and her straight hair was being tied into a loose bun. She is so pretty. Soomin also came earlier than the allocated time and Kyuhyun was glad he came much earlier. Kyuhyun eyes just could not leave her the moment she arrived. His eyes followed her everywhere she goes, and he could not stop grinning when he saw her checking herself out by looking at her reflection on the glass panel of the stores.

“Oh my, it’s 9.15am already!!” Kyuhyun gasped. He finally realized that he was late when Soomin was looking at her watch for countless time.

“Sorry! I’m late!” He apologized as he ran towards Soomin. He had to say that he was late or it will be embarrassing if he were to tell her that the reason for him being late was that he had lost track of time when looking at her. “Hmphhh!! Why are you so late! I’ve waited so long for you!” she pouted as she scolded kyuhyun.

“Ah I’m really sorry! I’m late cause something happened last minute!” but Soomin was not buying his excuse. She continued pouting as she crossed her arms and back faced him.

“Hey,” kyuhyun poked her arm, “I’ll dance sorry sorry for you as an apology ok? Please don’t be angry~” He said as started dancing the famous super junior washing hands dance which make Soomin laughed.  “Aigoo, okok, I’ll forgive you! Stop dancing already! People are all looking!” she said as she pulled him away to the side.

——-

Ok, now Kyuhyun. Give her the flowers and tell her she’s pretty.

“Soomin ah, you..are….”

“Hmmm?”

“You..I…I bought you flowers so you should buy me food!” Kyuhyun muttered out as he shoved the bunch of flowers at her.

CHO KYUHYUN. Are you simply stupid or naïve? Such disheartening words just came out of my mouth. Why must I say that! I should have said that she is so beautiful.

Kyuhyun was hitting his own head as he was blaming himself to be so stupid. He was prepared to get another round of scolding from Soomin.

“Omo, these flowers are for me? I like sunflowers the most! Thankyou Kyu! Alright alright, I’ll treat you lunch don’t worry!” she took the flowers and smiled so brightly at me. I really need to thank the florist ajjuma for choosing these flowers.Her smile is so precious and sweet that make his heart beat a million times faster than usual. Even though he was just giving her the flower so dully, she still smile at him happily and look like she really like it. She is my angel.

——

Kyuhyun and Soomin finally found a cosy place to have their lunch after having a great time playing in the park just now. They had so much fun flying the kites and feeding the fishes and tortoises in the pond.

“Kyu, flying kites is so much fun! We should do that again ok?” Soomin exclaimed as she dipped the fries in the chilli sauce and munched on them. “And the fishes are so cute too! They will all swim towards me and crowd in front of me when I gave them the fish food that we bought! They must be really hungry right?” she continued.

When should I say it? Kyuhyun is still waiting for the chance. Should I say it now? I should say it now.

“Kyu!! Are you listening to me?” Soomin waved her hands in front of him as he seemed to be drowning in his own thoughts.

“Uhhuh” he replied. He lied. Actually he could not hear anything right now. He was too preoccupied with his own thought. He wanted to tell her that his heart belongs only to her. He had to. He need to. He must.

Okay. Now. Cho Kyuhyun. Tell her now.

“Soomin ah,”

“Yes?”

“I lov…" The words just couldn't come out. "Lov... Since… Since the two of us are lonely, let’s try dating each other!” he blurted out.

Arghhh why do I keep on saying such words. I’m such a fail at this.

Kyuhyun feel like stabbing himself or hide in some hole at that instant. It was so embarrassing. Today was just not his day and his “kyu’s perfect confession plan” was more like a “kyu face throwing plan” instead due to his nervousness. Soomin must be laughing at his failed confession now and he have no pride to face her anymore.

“Ohh..Okay..” he heard a soft whisper and looked up.

Even though he confessed dully but Soomin still smiled brightly and nodded her head at him. She had agreed to his confession.

I love you, l love you, the words I practiced the whole night I still can’t say it out. 
I like you, I love you. These are words I must tell you.

 

Picking up all his courage, Kyuhyun finally looked into her eyes and managed to say out the words kept in his heart for so long.

 

"I love you.”

 



This is one of my fav songs that's non-SJ~ 
Thankyou for reading and hoped that you had enjoyed this short one-shot! 
Comments are most welcomed to help me improve~
Do drop one behind if you want! ^^