Final

Bittersweet

The next morning, Hayoung was gently tugged from sleep by the warm rays of the sun seeping through the window. She felt Sehun’s warm, steady breath on the top of her head and the weight of his long arm draped across her.

Gently turning, she gazed up at the boy who’d stolen her heart years and years ago. His brunnete hair, reaching every which way over the pillow, his light pink eyelids covering his crescent eyes while his long lashes rested gently on his skin, his cute nose, his mouth that was slightly open, rhythmic breaths coming and going as she watched his chest rise and fall. Hayoung loved and marveled at every inch of him.

Reluctantly, she tore your eyes away from the sleeping boy and over to the alarm clock.

Hayoung felt her heart drop as she saw that there was less than an hour before the two of them absolutely had to leave for the airport.

“Sehun...” She whispered.

“Mmm...” He grumbled, pulling her closer to him and nuzzling his face deeper into her shoulder.

“It’s time to get up and grab a shower, okay? W-we... we don’t have...  much time.” She said, voice shaking.

“Nope.” Sehun said, squeezing her even tighter. “I don’t want to go.”

Every ounce of her just wanted to give into him and stay in that bed, but Hayoung knew he really had to go.

“Come on, babe. You h-have to... go.” She groaned, pulling his arms off of her and getting up from the bed. She grabbed onto his arm and started trying to pull him out of bed too.

“Fine, fine okay!” He said, finally getting up.

Once he was standing, Sehun wrapped his arms around her and rested his head on top of hers. “I love you. More than you can imagine.” He said, kissing her forehead.

Hayoung smiled and met his eyes. “Well, just so you know, I’ve got a pretty big imagination.” She tiptoed to give him a quick kiss. “Now go get showered, okay? I’ll make some breakfast.”

Sehun slowly made his way towards the bathroom.

She watched him walking away from her, trying to get used to the feeling of him... leaving her. Heading to the kitchen, she felt the tears streaming down her face.

It shouldn’t have been this hard.

Hayoung knew Sehun would always be in her life and really were excited for him to have crazy adventures, she just hated this part so much.

 

-  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

“…and text me as soon as you land so that I know you’re safe, okay?” She said, looking up at Sehun.

It was obvious how hard he was trying to keep it together, but he really wasn’t doing a very good job.

“I don’t want to go. No.” He mumbled, breaking her gaze to instead to stare at his shoes.

“Yes you do, Hunnie. This part really , but the second you land you’ll be feeling much better. This is gonna be the best experience of your life and I’m so excited for you. I really am.” Hayoung said, plastering on a smile that didn’t even feel completely fake anymore.

“C’mon, Sehun! Detach from her and let’s go or we’re gonna miss our flight!” Tao called, already walking towards the security checkpoint.

“No...” They both groaned in unison, making both smile a bit.

“I don’t think I’m ready to watch you leave, brat.” She said, tears filing up her eyes.

“So don’t.” Sehun said with a sweet smile, not even commenting on your use of his least favorite nickname. “Close your eyes.”

“Yah, don’t be a weirdo!” Hayoung laughed, pulling him in for one final hug, followed by a last kiss.

“Hey, I’m serious!"

"What?"

"Close your eyes, it’ll make it easier for both of us.” He said, waiting for her to comply.

“Fine.” She sighed, shutting her lids. “But this means you can’t look back once you start walking away then... deal?”

“Deal.” Sehun said before connecting his lips to hers once more.

Hayoung felt him smile against her lips as he gently cupped her face in his hands. Before she could really react, he broke away from the kiss, whispered a goodbye in her ear and kissed her forehead.

She listened to his footsteps as he walked away from her.

Only seconds later, Hayoung opened her eyes and watched him walk away towards his crazy idol life.  It took only seconds after that for her to see Sehun turn around to glance at her. She saw him laugh and give a little wave.

Hayoung gave him a shooing motion. "Go."

Slowly but surely, Sehun made his way into the security checkpoint, vanishing from her view. Feeling her phone vibrate in her pocket, she reached down and grabbed it.

‘You didn’t keep your eyes closed.’ He texted her.

‘Well you turned around!’ She quickly sent back.

‘I love you.’ He responded.

“…more than you can imagine.’  Hayoung answered, putting her phone back in her pocket and making her way out of the airport.

She knew that the next few months without him would be horrible, but to her, Sehun was more than worth it.