001

Prophet

firegriefmad 'Please!' nodeadgonegonegone

empiresmokefoxfalling

ache 'It Hurts' helppainreliefhappy


'It would be in her best interest to leave China for a while. A colleague of mine works here, she's happy to watch over Mei.'
'Boarding school? But I'm fine.'
'South Korea will be good for you. Doctor Kim will be there and help you with anything.'
'Why?


foxdollChina 'Lu' healerhelpsstrangersmoke

smokestrangerlovepower 'Hurts!' hopefoxsmoke


"This is Ling Mei. She's moved from China to our school in hopes the climate will better her health. Make her welcome." Mei bowed before moving to her assigned seat. "Mei, Yixing is also from China and he'll be happy to help you with settling in." Mei nodded and glanced at the boy a few seats over, who waved cheerfully.

"Now....


"Hey Ling Mei!" Yixing stops in front of her desk at the end of class. "I'm Yixing, nice to meet you." She starts, having expected Korean to come out of his mouth, before kicking herself when she remembers he's from China as well. Not that she's complaining; Mandarin is nice to hear after a while.

"Nice to meet you too. So you're my guide?" She asked, the Mandarin flowing off her tongue a lot better than Korean. Yixing nodded before stumbling into a desk as he turned to lead her out.

"Ah, sorry. Yeah I am." He said, turning pink as he rubbed his thigh. "There's also my friend Luhan. He's Chinese but in the university classes. Ah, wh-what classes do you have? I might have some more." Mei giggled at how adorably awkward Yixing was before pulling out her time table.

"I have World History, Mathematics, Languages, Social Studies and World Politics." She informed him. "What about you?" Yixing fumbled for his own timetable, blushing pink in embarrassment.

"A-ah, I have Social Studies and World History with you. Other than that, nothing I'm afraid." He muttered. "Oh! Except for lunch and a study period. We've both got the same block for that. And I checked with Luhan and he has the same lunch block as us. So you can meet him there." Mei nodded before stopping outside her classroom.

"I'll see you at lunch then. I believe I have World Politics before then, in room 213 so would you...?" She trailed off and Yixing nodded fervently

"Yeah, no worries. I'll see you then." He disappeared down the hall and Mei entered her Languages class, bowing and introducing herself to the teacher and students. Despite the constant headaches and fainting spells, something Mei attributed to stress, she wanted to become a translator for world leaders. She figured the more languages she knew, the better her chances were. Mandarin, being her native tongue, was crossed off the list, as was English and Japanese. Korean, she was finding much more strenuous and difficult, but she was getting there.

"Seeing as you've transferred half way through the term, I recommend some catch up lessons. We haven't gone far, only conversational and fluency as of yet." The teacher explained. "This term we focus mostly on the theory; characters and penmanship mostly. Towards the end of the term, we'll begin work on how to transition between Korean and another language of your choice. I believe most of you are working towards some sort of translator?" The class, made up of roughly fifteen to twenty people, nodded. "Then the lnaguage will most likely be English. Out of curiosity, how fluent are you in other languages?"

"Mandarin is my first language, English my second. I'm also fluent in Japanese." Mei replied. The teacher nodded.

"Majority of us have at least three languages under our belt. I also recommend learning at least two other languages around conversational level." Mei nodded.

"I planned on learning Russian and French as well." She said, her tongue stumbling over the Korean once or twice. The teacher beamed.

"Excellent. At least your Mandarin is native. I believe we only have two or three native Chinese students in the entire school so you're very welcome."

"Thank you."