The Dollhouse

The Dollhouse

The Dollhouse

Jongup X Minae

 

 

     It was around mid summer when I met him.

     I didn’t know his name, or where he came from, neither did I know what his voice sounded like or anything really at all about him. All I really remember was that I despised him. I’m not exactly sure as to why… Maybe it was because of his smile. I always told him that I’d rather go blind, looking at the sun than his face. (He only grinned in return) Maybe because he was always so happy, especially when I wasn’t. (Not that he knew that) Or maybe it was because I was jealous. I don’t know why I was jealous. I actually don’t know why I am a lot of things.

 

     He always looked straight ahead and smiled, while I could only look to him and frown.

 

     Sometimes, though, I dream of him turning around for once, and notice that I am here...hating him.

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

     You know that feeling that you get, when you hate someone so much that even the tiniest and most insignificant action they do just makes you so annoyed that you want to punch them in the face?

 

     “Look at that eating that cracker like he owns the place. He’s such an .” I muttered, biting down upon a chocolate chip cookie that Daehyun was currently eyeing with, what could only be described as, lust. I quickly finished it as I saw Daehyun’s hand was beginning to near it, like a hungry, hungry hippo.

 

     “Jongup is the nicest person in this school. I don't understand you.” Zelo retorted, leaning his tired head on Daehyun’s shoulder as his eyes began to sag. I scoffed in response.

 

     “Nice people disgust me. They should just wait. I will pee on everything they love,” I replied, my voice getting louder than I realized, causing heads to turn in my direction as the cafeteria went silent. “What? You never talked about extracting urine.” A girl at another table scoffed, a sound that I found quite obnoxious. “Don’t make me climb over this table! I’m five percent Mexican and will defend my Latina pride till the end as I make you eat your own pubic-”

 

     “Shh. Calm down and beat her up after I eat. I don’t want to get told to leave, mid-lunch.” Daehyun complained as he continued swallowing his lunch and a bit of Zelo’s, who was too tired to notice.

 

     I gave the girl who scoffed at me a look, kind of like the ‘I’m watching you’ look that said that I would take her down the first chance I got.

 

     “Look at him smile like he owns the place.” I muttered, pressing my face into my arms as I scowled at him through thick lashes. My two friends ignored me, Zelo sleeping and Daehyun eating too fast to process words.

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

     Zelo held me up, an annoyed expression his face as he stuffed my tiny body back into his bag. “Can’t you give me a warning when you transform back? What if someone saw?”

 

     “That’s a story for another chapter, Zelo-baby,” I replied, lounging up against his text books, my doll like eyes staring at him.

 

     “Can’t you just stay home? Do you know how hard this is for me? I am the one who has to constantly explain where you are going during school hours.”

 

     “And I very much appreciate that Jello.”

 

     “Why do you keep nicknaming me?”

 

     I only shrugged, finding my reasoning to be just spur of the moment, like everything else I did. Including my transformation skills, which only seemed to worsen as my magic grew stronger. Many would think being a strong, beautiful, intelligent witch would be wonderful, and it was, but being a strong, beautiful, intelligent witch whose main power is transfiguration, well…

 

     It was less cool.

 

     “Can’t Daehyun be the one to do this?” Zelo whined, referring to his older brother who was currently ditching school in the comfort of his own room.

 

     “But what if I turn into a cookie or a taco?” I whined, and Zelo frowned. “He’ll eat me.”

 

     “Minae, if you turn into either of those things, I’ll eat you.”

 

     “No you won’t. Because when I transform back, I’ll be human and explode out of your chest, you cow.”

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

     I frowned, finding that Zelo throwing me out the window was probably one of the ruder things that he had ever done, much to my immense defeat as I walked my stubby and short, doll like legs over to the swing set.

 

     No one hated my ability more than me.

 

     I kicked a rock, finding that it wouldn’t budge from it’s spot, and only succeeded in making my stubby leg ignite with pain.

 

     I pouted, sitting on the rock as I waited for my transformation to go away.

 

     “What a pretty doll!” Exclaimed a high pitched voice of a little girl. I had no time to respond or protect myself as I suddenly felt my body picked up by two rough hands. “She’s so pretty! Brother can I keep it!”

 

     “Fine, but be sure to wash it first,” stated a familiar voice of my unrequited arch nemesis.

 

     My body, still limp, scowled at Jongup.

 

     “It looks kind of angry, are you sure you want it?” Jongup asked his little sister, who still held onto me with unnecessary force.

 

     “I like her~!” The little girl responded swiftly, and I had to force myself to not roll my eyes.

 

     Me. Me. Some little girl’s property.

 

     I was fairly certain that if I suddenly talked like Chucky, she would let me go and run screaming…or she would burn me….

 

     The latter kept me silent.

 

     I was very bitter.

 

     Very bitter, but silent.

 

     Damn you, Moon Jongup.

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

     I felt my head suddenly dunked in cold, freezing water, my hair scrubbed with rough, tiny, evil hands.

 

     Damn you, Moon Jongup.

 

     It was official. I hated the entire Moon family.

 

     I felt my head dunked into the water again, the little girl’s hands wrapping tightly around my waist. I just barely managed to hole my breath as I felt myself manhandled in such a way that no lady of my caliber should ever be manhandled.

 

     “Brother! Brother! Look! She’s so clean.”

 

     “You are supposed to wash the clothes separately Sunmi,” I heard the evil voice of Jongup state, and I felt my eyes widen.

 

     The little girl made a squeak sound. “Jongup! Get out! You can’t be here while I undress her.”

 

     What the is with this family?

 

     The little girl grabbed me, dripping wet, and all but threw her older brother out of the bathroom with a surprising amount of force before I felt my nightmare relived as she began to take off my clothes.

 

     My finger twitched and I made the bra and glued to my frame with a gross feeling of stiffness combined with the smell of magic.

 

     I rolled my eyes as the girl suddenly dunked my body back into the soapy water.

 

     I didn’t even need a bath.

 

     I was clean.

 

     I smelt delicious.

 

     Hell is too good for the Moon family.

 

     Hell is too good for Zelo.

 

     And Daehyun could go to hell as well.

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

     I felt my body once again manhandled and forced to sit on a plastic couch in my new plastic house. Well, isn’t my life just a-ma-zing. I got my own room for the first time. Sure it was made of plastic and I had to share it with five poly pockets, but I could easily stuff them in the bathroom.

 

     I laid against my Barbie bed, liking the fact that the walls of my giant dollhouse were blocking me from the devilish little girl known as Moon Sunmi.

 

     Sure, my T.V didn’t work, and my bed was horrible, but maybe I could eventually transform into Godzilla and wreck havoc on everyone. Starting with the Moon family of course.

 

     My revenge would be slow and painful.

 

     The sound of moving objects woke me up from my dreams of world destruction and I slowly walked to the window of my dollhouse, finding the familiar body of my arch nemesis, picking up his little sister’s toys.

 

     I scowled at him, wishing once more that he could see me….hating him.

 

     He suddenly walked closer to the dollhouse, picking up my new living place causing everything to shake, almost in a scary motion as he put my house on the shelf. I was semi-impressed since I had first hand experience at seeing the mansion made out of heavy as wood with furniture that was ten times better and more decorated than my own house. So that being said, it was impressive that the boy was able to lift the house with just one arm.

 

     Of course. My arch nemesis couldn’t be weak. That would be unacceptable.

 

     It was in that moment that I felt my body suddenly begin to tingle. My eyes widened as I felt my clothes start to stretch.

 

     No. No. No. Bad body.

 

     I felt my suddenly expand, my back hitting the ceiling of the house and breaking apart the lavish bed.  

 

     Oh you have got to be kidding me….

 

     “Meow.” I said, and Jongup immediately turned, slowly walking to the dollhouse and opening it up, finding a tiny black kitten.

 

     .

 

     “How did you get in there little guy?” Jongup asked as his arms neared my body and wrapped around my fluffy tummy.

 

     I scowled and let out a hissing noise that the smiling idiot only ignored.

 

     “You are so cute. I am going to name you Wonsoongi.” Jongup said, hugging me to his body.

 

     I hissed in offense.

 

     You are naming me after a monkey!

 

     When I turn into Godzilla, I will eat you!!

 

     You will be destroyed by my unending fury you cat hating bas-

 

     I felt myself suddenly purr when he behind my ear.

 

     Damn you Moon Jongup.

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

     It seems like no one every questioned the fact that they found me in a ing dollhouse. The Moon family immediately took to me, and my magic, no matter how hard I tried, wouldn’t destroy them.

 

     I lounged on the couch, my tail fluffing up as an unintentional purr continued to ignore my demands while the fingers of my nemesis continued to scratch behind my ear.

 

      I hate “Purrrr” you

 

     “I can’t find my doll!” Sunmi cried, sitting down next to me and suddenly grabbing my body and hugging me way to tightly to her seven year old chest.

 

     I let out a loud meow, which she took the wrong way, obviously. “I love you too, Wonsoongi~”

 

     I hate you Zelo.

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

     “Are you ready for your food, Won-Won?” Jongup asked and held out the nasty looking cat food in front of my face. I looked at it with an uninterested expression as if to say ‘are you ing kidding me’ but all that came out was a very unintentional ‘meow’.

 

     I was hungry, but I’d sooner die than allow myself to succumb to being just a house cat. I have the pride of a witch. I am Han Minae. My mother and her mother before her were power magic users and I will not-

 

     I purred when he my ear.

 

     Damn you, Moon Jongup.

 

     The doorbell distracted me from my flickering pride and Jongup smiled and put the food down next to my face as he went to answer the door. I scowled at the food and immediately ignored my hunger as I jumped onto the counter, quickly sticking my nose into the bread. I hissed when it became more difficult to open, so I quickly used my razor sharp claws to tear it open. The bread suddenly popped out, much of it going onto the ground, which I ignored as I stuck my face into the loaf and chewed onto the meal.

 

     Clean up my mess you slaves. I thought this to myself with a bitter expression as I went searching for more food.

 

     A familiar voice suddenly broke me out of my Riviera.

 

     “Let’s get started on this project then,” Zelo said, and I glanced up, quickly kicking myself up off the counter, accidentally spilling Jongup’s juice while I did so.

 

     I meowed when I saw the familiar face, and Zelo looked down at me.

 

     “When did you get a cat?” Zelo asked, and Jongup grinned.

 

     “Yesterday. I named him Wonsoongi. He kind of looks like a monkey, doesn’t he?” Jongup asked and I made an offended hiss.

 

     “Huh, he does. I see it,” Zelo agreed and my offense continued.

 

     At least check my gender before you name me you s.

 

     Of course I would never allow them to touch me in that way, but the point still stands and I am offended.

 

     They seemed to be ignoring my presence as the seconds ticked so I quickly began to scratch my claws down the new leather couch to make them look at me. Jongup immediately grabbed me, picking me up and hugging me to his chest.

 

     “Bad kitty!” He scolded and I meowed as he rubbed my tummy. I gave Zelo a pleading look but the stupid boy I had known for four years ignored the fact that my eyes hadn’t changed.

 

     Sure, I had never turned into a ing cat before, as a doll was my usual transfiguration, but still.

 

     “I think it’s a girl cat.” Zelo said after a moment and Jongup looked down at my area, making me feel increasingly exposed.

 

     “Are you sure?” Jongup asked and Zelo shrugged.

 

     “I don’t see anything down there.”

 

     “Won-Won~ Why didn’t you tell me?” Jongup whined as he held me up in the air, facing him, as if I were Simba from the Lion King. I hissed at him. “Still so cute.”

 

     “Seems kind of destructive and moody. Reminds me of someone.” Zelo commented as he continued his paper.

 

     I have been missing for five days you .

 

     Did you even look for me?

 

     I hissed at the boy and Zelo looked up, his eyes connecting with my own. I did my best to display my emotions of pure rage to the boy. Zelo tilted his head to the side in response.

 

     “I wouldn’t want that cat.” Zelo finally stated, and Jongup glanced to the boy.

 

     “Why not?”

 

     “Seems like a .”

 

     I hate you Choi Junhong.      

 

     That being said, Jongup forced me into a hold while they finished their project. I didn’t even know the two were friends. I had never felt so betrayed and offended. The two continued to take my angry meows as a tone of endearment, which made me even angrier.

 

     I was officially alone in the world. I am disowning you Zelo.

 

     You are no longer my friend.

 

     You are on my list for being killed by my next transformation. I swear on my magic.

 

     Of course, he was already on my list prior to this, but I hadn’t planned on killing him. I was just going to break his arms or something.

 

     But now.

 

     Dead.

 

     I hate humans.

 

     I hate you Moon Jongup.

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

     “Well, see you at school Zelo,” Jongup stated, waving goodbye to his friend as he held me in his arms. I was still meowing at Zelo to take me with him.

 

     I will forgive you if you get me out of here.

 

     I will only break one arm.

 

     Zelo continued to the door.

 

     OKAY! You drive a hard bargain. I will only break your fingers. Come on Zelo! It’s a good deal!

 

     Zelo walked out of the house, leaving me alone with Jongup once again.

 

     I will kill you Zelo.

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

     Zelo took a breath of relief, taking out his phone and dialing Daehyun’s number as he walked to the sidewalk with his skateboard.

 

     “This better be important. I am in the middle of a cheesecake.” Daehyun answered, and Zelo rolled his eyes.

 

     “Hey, I found Minae and you will never guess where,” Zelo retorted, his lips breaking out into a grin.

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

     It was official.

 

     Humans .

 

     “Come on Won-Won, you have to take a bath,” Jongup said, taking my fluffy and adorable body and placing it into the sink where lukewarm flooded at my paws.

 

     How dare you manhandle me you slave. I will take a bath when I want.

 

     I of course did want to take a bath, but hell if I would let him know that.

 

     I felt the lukewarm water flood around my back and fur, making my mood worsen as an unintentional calming feeling rushed over me when he scratched my ear.

 

     It was then that I felt my body tingle in a glowing light.

 

     OH YES!
 

     Make me a dinosaur! I WANNA BE A T-REX!

 

     T-REX. T-REX. Eat my enemies!

 

     I felt brown hair fall against my neck as my body suddenly grew. I blinked in disoriented confusion as I felt my body suddenly feel squished in a tiny, compact space. Blinking my eyes back into reality, I gazed upon Jongup’s shocked face and watched in slow motion as he dropped the sponge to the ground.

 

     “Aww. I wanted to be a dinosaur.” I complained, and he turned as still as stone.

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

     “You were a cat.”

 

     “Don’t remind me,” I replied, not liking the feeling of Jongup’s loose T-Shirt, fitted against my once body. My hair was also still dripping wet, but I easily ignored it as I was far too exhausted to manage it. Turning into back into a human always tuckered me out.

 

     “You were a doll.”

 

     “Don’t remind me of that either,” I muttered bitterly.

 

     “Zelo knows.”

 

     “Don’t remind me.” I muttered darkly.

 

     “Oh.”

 

     “Oh? I just transformed into a , beautiful woman and you say 'oh’.” I scolded, and he raised a brow.

 

     “Yes. You were very .”

 

     “Aaaand.”

 

     “That’s it.”

 

     “And beautiful?”

 

     Jongup didn’t say anything to that and I merely frowned, leaning my head up against the couch with a tired expression. The feeling of something on my head, softly rubbing my hair, made me jump. My eyes snapped opened as I looked up, finding Jongup’s strong hands, rubbing a towel over my hair.

 

     “You’ll catch a cold.”

 

     “I don’t get sick.”

 

     He didn’t stop drying my hair.

 

     “....How long?”

 

     “I don’t know. Forever.” I said in return, thinking back to my first ever transformation.

 

     “Can you do anything else?” He asked curiously.

 

     I shrugged.

 

     “That’s disappointing.” He said, and I turned around to glare at him in offense only to find that he was grinning.

 

     I pouted, feeling my head suddenly lighten.

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

     “See. You’re sick now.” Jongup scolded, handing me some tea.

 

     “Did you poison it?” I asked, grabbing it from him whilst rubbing my red as Rudolph nose. “Well, you can forget it, cause I can’t get poisoned.” Genetically impossible, .

 

     He grinned. “I wouldn’t poison you, Minae.”

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

     “What’s up Zelo?” I asked, and Zelo jumped up in surprise as I appeared behind up whilst he was taking off his P.E. top. I of course, was in the men’s locker room as that was the best place to go for vulnerable, traitorous boys.

 

     “Oh…hey Minae. What’cha doing in here? Where’ve you been?” Zelo asked, with an almost innocent grin.

 

     “Oh you know….around. I felt like I’ve had like, nine lives lately,” I replied, and he let out a sheepish grin.

 

     “Well, I was just worried about you. Daehyun was distraught.”

 

     I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt before slamming him against the locker, the other guys let out some whistles as they obviously got the wrong idea.

 

     “Was it too much when I mentioned Daehyun?” Zelo asked and I shrugged.

 

     “I’m gonna kill you now.”

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

     “Who said I needed your help?” I complained as Jongup carried my doll form in his arms, also ditching school with me.

 

     “It would take you days to walk home.”

 

     “I am sure I could do it.”

 

     “Minae.”

 

     “What?”

 

     “Be quiet.”

 

     I made a squeak of offense, giving Jongup my greatest glare, ignoring the fact that a tingling had ignited through my body.

 

     Jongup’s eyes widened as my body suddenly extended to the size and shape of Godzilla.

 

     “AW YES!” I shouted in a roar, ready to wreck havoc on the world whilst a little kid made a motion to snap a couple iphone photos of me.

 

     “It’s Godzilla,” the kid shouted, trying to get the attention of his mother.

 

     I made a motion to kill the humans when my body tingled again and all that came out was a “meow”

 

     Aw .

 

     Jongup grinned a picked me up.

 

     “You know, you don’t have to destroy everything you touch.” He said, hugging me close to him.

 

     I hissed at him, wanting nothing more than to turn into a dinosaur.

 

     But despite my wanting to kill him, he didn’t let me go, and carried me home, even though, as a cat, I could easily make it back home without him.

 

     I pouted.

 

     Damn you, Moon Jongup.

 

 

 

     “But mommy, Godzilla really was there,” the little boy whined, sad as he looked at his phone only to see a picture of a cat instead of the giant reptilian creature he had seen before.

 

     “Honey, that was just a cat.”

 

     “But mooooom.”

 


Author's Note

So this was yet another one I wrote for a friend's birthday, and while writing it, I got more into it than I meant to. It was weird. Cause Jongup isn't even remotely my bias, so the fact that this ended up being so fun to write was strange, but, regardless of that, I hope it was good. I hope you laughed, or smiled, or chuckled, or chortled. Don't really care.

Cause at least know I'm funny. And that's what matters.

If I do make a sequel, it will be on a yearly basis for her birthday next year. That's how this goes.

I don't really like Jongup. So every September 27th, this story possibly will be extended.

Minae is kinda my muse to be honest.

I based her off of my cat Uri actually.

Uri was a to.