Speak

Speak

Speak

Yongguk X Zelo

 

      He was tired.

 

      “Aren’t you tired?”

 

      “Are you sure you want to leave her body here?”

 

      He was fairly certain he would leave her body there….

 

      “Dinner’s ready.”

 

      “I hate when he does that.”

 

      The voices crowded him and there were times she forgot what words even were, and he liked when he forgot. It made it easier to ignore than ignore all of them.

 

      “How long have the voices been happening.” Asked a deep and gritty voice. Totomato continued to stare off into the distance, something the voice immediately noticed. The face of said voice merely jotted quick words on the paper. The sound of the pen, scrapping against white caused Totomato to blink. It had been a while since he had heard such a sound.

 

      “Totomato? Are you with me?” The voice asked.

 

      Totomato? Was that his name?

 

      The Matoki turned his head to gaze out at the other Matoki, finding the other staring at him with a look of indifference.

 

      “Yongnam! I told you not to call me that. I be Shishimato.” A voice echoed.

 

      “How long have these voices been with you, Totomato?” The man repeated slowly.

 

      How long have these voices been with you Totomato?” The man repeated slowly.

 

      Why do people always talk to him like that? As if he was crazy.

 

      “I don’t know.” Totomato finally answered.”

 

      “Can you differentiate myself speaking apart from the voices in your head?”

 

      “No.” Totomato replied instantly.

 

      “No?”

 

      “No. They aren’t in my head.”

 

      “Totomato. Only you hear them. Where else could they be?”

 

      “Who is Shishimato?” Totomato asked after a moment and the Matoki instantly snapped his gaze up to meet the other.

 

      “Who told you that name?” Of course, the Matoki wasn’t too surprised as the name was broadly infamous in their world, but from the way the blue Matoki stared at him, the other Matoki got the feeling he wasn’t talking about the infamous terrorist.

 

      “You are….Yonmato….Yongnam…” Totomato stated after a moment.

 

      “Who told you that?”

 

      “Ghosts.” Totomato replied, without hesitation.

 

      “What?”

 

      “You are all ghosts to me.” Totomato said simply.

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

      “He’s crazy.”

 

      “For someone as educated as you are, you are using tiny words.”

 

      “I call it how I see it.”

 

      “As do I…I hate my job,” Yongnam said slowly, his eyes dropping down as he filled out the paperwork for his patient. The words ‘transfer’ was written in bold letters and he found himself almost reluctant to sign his own name on the dotted line.

 

      “Everyone hates the job they were assigned to,” Tatsmato replied without any tone in his voice. “No chance of revival?” He asked the standard, signified question, set in place to make it sound like any of them cared. His pink mask only seemed brighter in this light.

 

      “I’ve been talking to the kid for years now. He doesn’t have any chance.” Yongnam answered, keeping the rest to himself. Every time he had ever thought the boy showed any Mato recognition, it fleeted away. The kid was barely even Mato anymore.

 

      “Alright,” Tatsmato signed his name next, his arm feeling heavier with the pen in hand.

 

      “We are just the hangmen, not the executioner…” Yongnam muttered, finishing the paperwork.

 

      “Do you ever wonder if there is much difference?”

 

      “Save that talk for the union.” Yongnam stated without any expression as he dropped the paper work into the bin. As it escaped into the box, it almost resembled that of a coffin, going into the ground.

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

     Totomato glanced over to his bed. He could hear it squeak before he even touched it. He slowly placed his palm, flat against the bed, his actions mirroring the sound, echoing behind it. His eyes stared blankly as the voices remained muffled. It was almost peaceful now.

 

      “Take him. Tie him up so he won’t escape.” That voice rang through his head, louder than the rest.

 

      He blinked, the sound of his eyelids made his head crush with a throbbing pain. His mask felt heavy on his face, more so than usual, but like always, the straps that tied around his head were far too tight to break.

 

      The steel plated door was abruptly thrown open, and Matoki dressed in pure black robes came inside, their expressions shadowed by their hoods. Totomato raised his arms up, wrist together and waiting.

 

      “Take him. Tie him up so he won’t escape.” The familiar voice echoed, and he felt his arms become bound in a glowing light before his entire body was bound next.

 

      “Freaky little thing. Doesn’t even look surprised.” Another voice stated.

 

      “Yah, freaky little thing. You are making out job boring.” A different voice commented.

 

      Totomato didn’t reply.

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

     He was rather proud of himself this time.

 

      The rain pelted down without mercy as the sun had long since gone down and he had found himself nearing the end of his line of sight. The sounds of distant sirens followed his retreating figure, and he heard the explosion far before he saw it through the reflection of the crystal buildings. The fire gave him a steady light, and he found himself able to see what was in front of him once more.

 

      Sadly, that meant he was completely visible once again.

 

      He let out a shaky breath, finding himself slowly finding his steps had lessened. He had gotten too proud. Too arrogant. But that would have all been fine if Kekemato hadn’t blown up his getaway vehicle.  Leave it to Kekemato to find away to make his life miserable.

 

      Next he saw that little bastard, he was going to finally blow him up next. Maybe then, Kekemato will literally become what he’s always figuratively been, nothing.

 

      But of course, Shishimato wasn’t much for poetry, or public speaking. That might be a problem when he became the ruler of planet Mato, but that was an issue for future Shishi to contemplate over. For now, he had to get a new getaway vehicle.

 

      Especially since he was becoming increasingly exhausted. He almost couldn’t breath, and he knew that if he stopped to catch a breath the Youkai would catch him. How he hated Youkai, so much so that he had been all to happy to hack into the mainframe a few hours prior to completely dismantle the flying, laser shooting, bastards.

 

      Yongguk let out a grin as he stared at the clock tower, finding the time switch to the next minute, and he sound heard a union of tiny explosions.

 

      How he loved the sound of burning and then silence.

 

      Now for his much needed getaway.

 

      His eyes instantly scanned over to the shadowed building, and he grabbed his gun from its holster, shooting the laser into the wall, making a quick hole which he made no hesitation to dive through.

 

      He was instantly greeted with silence, and the faint smell of engine oil as most of the older buildings were filled with broken hovercraft and the occasional failed project of the easy bake oven.

 

      He couldn’t hear his own steps over his racing heartbeat, which he quickly calmed down as he walked forward into the darkness.

 

      A tiny glimmer of light shined into the distance, and he found himself lingering closer, hearing no sound of Mato life. The closer he got, the more the light seemed to blind him, but he continued until he was right in front of the spacecraft, as he quickly inspected that it was in fact a spacecraft.

 

      He raised an eyebrow, finding it quite rare to see a working spacecraft in a place like this. He swiftly walked to the dial pad, finding it required a passcode to step inside. He scoffed, pulling out a tiny remote disk, thin and black, before pressing it against the passcode box.

 

      “No one can keep me out. I be Shishimato. Naw mean.” He muttered to himself, and instantly the screen flashed red, ‘signaling error’ appeared on the screen. He instantly took out his laser gun and shot the machine silent. “Well, you win some, you lose some.”

 

      The doors instantly opened and he, just as quickly, fled inside the bright room. Who the makes a spacecraft white inside? Who wants to look at infinite blackness and then look back at equally infinite whiteness? That was just stupid.

 

      The sound of footsteps and the spacecraft’s door closing echoed from behind him and his eyes widened, finding himself trapped inside with some he know nothing of, outside. And she could imagine that the person outside was a douche as only a douche would make the interior look so inconvenient.

 

      “Did you shoot the passcode box again, Jotsmato?” Said a voice from outside.

 

      “Probably. Stupid thing always gives me lip.” Jotsmato replied with a shrug as he kicked the door, watching as it instantly opened.

 

      Shishimato quickly hid behind a rather giant, uncomfortable looking chair that had resembled that of a prison lock. Did he steal a passenger ship?

 

      The moment he saw a locked up Matoki thrown into the ship, he knew he had done exactly that. The blue Matoki was sealed in familiar looking glowing chains, which, from what he knew, was always excessive for the war criminals.

 

      “You’re not gonna seal him in?”

 

      “What’s it matter? Destination is set. Lets get something to eat.”

 

      “Aren’t we supposed to watch over him?”

 

      “Listen noobie, I’ve been doing this for years, and do you want to know what I’ve learned?”

 

      “Eh?”

 

      “That working here this long gets me hungry. Let’s go.”

 

      “Whatever.”

 

      They walked away, and the door slammed shut, with a familiar red ‘lockdown’ flashing over the monitors. The ship immediately began to lift up off the ground.

 

      The blue Matoki seemed to continue staring in his direction, although he didn’t make his presence know or any sound at all. Shishimato instantly walked to the monitors, pressing on a couple keys to find the destination lock, only to see it was also locked.

 

      He walked over towards the boy and took out his gun, shooting off the locks on his wrist. The bands instantly lost their glow and deactivated.

 

      “Yah. Where are we headed?” He asked, and the blue Matoki only stared into space, as if he wasn’t completely there. His body had frozen, as if he was ransacked and full of so much emotion and yet nothing at all. Shishimato scoffed, kneeling down next to the kid, finding that the Matoki’s eyes were wide, and he saw pure fear in the Matoki’s eyes. “Where is this ship headed?”

 

      He saw tiny movement of lips from underneath the blue bunny’s mask, but the words were muffled and he couldn’t make out any of them. “Glowing bright. Where isn’t it headed. It’s headed everywhere. Passengers board. This ship never lands.”

 

      Shishimato’s eyebrows furrowed, but leaned forward to grip onto the other’s shacking form, his grip instantly tightening onto the other’s chin. “Yah. No riddles. Destination. Give me it.”

 

      “Ghosts keep talking. Talking. Talking. Stop crying. Voices are so…” the Matoki swiftly gripped onto his head, the chains rattling at every movement. “Bright. It’s hot. Everything is hot. Ghosts. Ghosts. Ghosts.”

 

      “Whatever kid,” Shishimato stood up and rushed back to the control board, knocking it open as he stared at the mainframe, all ready for him to play with. He smirked, and open his trusty bag, finding all the supplies he could want to hijack any mainframe.

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

      “Please enter a passcode,” stated the automatic voice, for what felt like the 900th time.

 

      “Shut the up, if I had a passcode, I would have entered it you ,” Shishimato snapped, as he placed another wire in place of the red one.

 

      “Passcode detected. Pease issue your command.” The automatic voice stated, and he let out an arrogant laugh as he snapped up.

 

      “Okay you , where is this ship he-” He felt his voice squeak before stopping as he saw the blaring rays from a sun so hot that he felt his eyes instantly look away from it.

 

      “We are headed for Helfram’s ninth sun, set for ejection of Mato planet’s 98000,000 prisoner.” The automatic voice said, and Shishimato’s eyes didn’t calm down as his voice continued to squeak out. “Please enjoy the ride before you regretfully burn in a raging inferno. Thank you very much.”

 

      “Sun so hot. The voices burn.” Totomato whispered and Shishimato instantly snapped back to action.

    

      “Okay crazy pants. Sun is hot. Let’s get away from it then,” Shishimato instantly pressed his fingers against the buttons of the ship, setting in a new course.

 

      “Are you sure you don’t want to burn in this firey inferno.” The automatic voice. “Prisoner number 7192802820, has yet to be executed in Helfram’s ninth sun.

 

      Shishimato scoffed, pressing a couple more buttons as he tried to change his course. The screen instantly lit with a bright light, almost as blinding as the sun.

 

      “Please reconsider burning in the inferno.” The automatic voice said, and the Matoki let out an animalistic growl as he punched in more numbers against the dial pad.

 

      The first thing he was gonna do when he lands is blow this ship up.

    

      “Set new course you ,” he snapped, pressing in the course for the twelveth time.

 

      “Setting new course.” The voice finally agreed. “Random course selected.”

 

      “You . I set my own course. Don’t pick a random one!” Shishimato yelled, slapping the screen.

 

      “Random course selected. Galaxy 2112304, planet Uenoin Htrae selected. Please enjoy your journey on this random destination.” The computer said, and Shishimato felt ever fiber of his being explode with unrivaled anger, as all of his next commands were immediately ignored.

 

      “There’s no point.” The blue Matoki said, and for the first time, Yongguk felt as if the kid was actually talking to him.

 

      “Whatever crazy pants.” Shishimato sighed, sitting down on the seat, pulling up a profile on the planet they were headed to. He swiftly found that the computer had only given him half the information, and his expression immediately darkened. He kicked the machine lightly as he read the printed out information.

 

      “Ew. It’s run entirely on oxygen.

 

      The blue Matoki only stared at him, and Shishimato instantly became uncomfortable with his stare. The red masked Matoki slightly shifted in his seat.

 

      “So…what’s your name, crazy pants?” Shishimato asked and the Matoki blinked.

 

      “Name?

 

      “Yeah. I’m Shishimato.”

 

      “No.”

 

      “Excuse you?”

 

      “That isn’t your name.” The Matoki blankly replied, causing the other to grow slightly annoyed.

 

      “Yeah. It is.”

 

      “Yeah. It is. As you are now. It is…”

 

      “You’re a freaky little thing now aren’t you.”

 

      “You can’t work this ship.”

 

      “Excuse you. I am doing fine.”

 

      “It will crash.”

 

      Shishimato growled. Everything was annoying him today. “Hey kid, do you like the sun? Cause if you don’t shut up, I will crash this ship into it myself.”

 

      “Totomato.”

 

      “What?”

 

      “That’s what they called me.”

 

      “And what do you call you.”

 

      “I don’t know.”

 

      “That’s no good. Don’t let some who want to throw you into the sun dictate your name.” Shishimato snapped, and was able to see that the other didn’t much understand the Matoki’s point. “I’m going to name you.”

 

      “Why?”

 

      “Because I don’t like their stupid names.” Shishimato snapped, and the Matoki tilted his head.

 

      Shishimato made a face as if he were thinking about something hard, his eyes instantly glanced towards the side, finding the label of ‘Zelominina’ next to the communications device. He shrugged. “You are now Zelo.” The name sounded foreign to both of them, as they had never heard an official name be spoken without the signature ‘Mato’ before.

 

      “What of your name?” ‘Zelo’ asked and Shishimato frowned.
 

      “What about my name?”

 

      “Did they not name you?”

 

      “I liked you better when you were quaking with fear and silent.”

 

      The conversation drifted and died for a while as Shishimato sulked next to the computers as he glared at the overly white room.

 

      The silence ticked by, and every once and a while he saw Zelo twitch from the distance, every so often holding his head as if he were trying hard not to hear anything.

 

      Shishimato crossed his arms, his expression growing more and more irritated.

 

      “Yongguk.” He snapped, and Zelo took a moment to glance up at the sound.

 

      The blue Matoki tilted his head to the side, obviously waiting for clarification, but, much to the red Matoki’s irritation, he already saw understanding and expectance in Zelo’s eyes. “I am Yongguk now. planet Mato. the Matoki.”

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

      “I think we’re landing…” Yongguk muttered, and Zelo glanced over as the ship made first contact with the gravity of the planet.

 

      “Crashing,” Zelo muttered as the sirens roared.

 

      “HEY! You don’t know that!” Yongguk snapped in return. Almost instantly, the computer blared to life.

 

      “This ship is now in descent of planet Uenoin Htrae. Please enjoy the sight before you fall to your inevitable destruction on the planet’s surface.” The automatic voice said, and Yongguk felt his temper almost snap.

 

      “I hate that computerized .”

 

      “Planet Uenoin Htrae cannot sustain Matoki life. If you intend to survive the descent onto the planet’s surface, please transform into a susceptible form.

 

      “I WILL DESTROY YOU!” Yongguk abruptly went to shoot the main computer, but Zelo quickly stopped him.

 

      “We’ve done this,” the boy stated, and Yongguk’s eyes narrowed on the other.
 

      “I don’t have time for this crazy pants,” Yongguk instantly jumped to grab the controls, attempting to steady the crashing spacecraft. “It seems like this ship is only made to burn, not to handle such an atmosphere.”

 

      Zelo slowly pressed his fingers up to his mask.

 

      “EW. You’re gonna do that in here?” Yongguk said, looking at the Matoki.

 

      “Where else? If I do it out there, I will die.”

 

      “It’s so indecent.”

 

      Zelo shrugged, his head burning as he watched Yongguk take over the ship with angry, superior force. His fingers slowly ped his mask, and the moment the cold air erupted around his face, the ship began to buck with intense force, and he quickly found that someone had strapped him back into his seat. Yongguk didn’t look affected, and didn’t spare him another glance.

 

      A blue light erupted around him, and the heat overtook his small form.

 

      “Indecent.” Yongguk muttered, ignoring the light from behind him.

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

      “So what? Can you tell the future or something?”

 

      Only Yongguk could give small talk in the middle of a crashing, life and death, situation.

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

      “Indecent.” Yongguk muttered, his eyes scanning over his human body. His mask was mostly the most familiar thing on him, while his clothes had activated and grown along with his body.  He glanced over to the ruins of his crashed ship. He was certain he’d be dead if it wasn’t for his surprisingly improvised flying skills. He only continued to impress himself.

 

      Zelo seemed to be off in his own world, completely silent as he gazed at the ground. Yongguk didn’t even question it as the boy began to jump on the ground. He had long since learned how to deal with it since this four day trip.

 

      “…so…what do we do now?” Yongguk asked, and Zelo didn’t look up. “You are ty company. Did anyone ever tell you that you are ty company?”

 

      Zelo didn’t answer.

 

      “Yeah. I thought so.”

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

      “I am pretty sure this place is high end in Earthling society,” Yongguk said, putting away his gun, the original owners tied up and unconscious in the back room. The house was nothing in comparison to Matoki’s living standards, but if he squinted it at least looked comfy. “This body is way too big. How do I even maneuver in this thing,” Yongguk muttered as he clumsily made his way through the room.

 

      His eyes instantly snapped up to the towering body of Zelo, who’s head could almost reach the door frame.

 

      “…well…I’m sure I don’t have to tell you that.”

 

      “Yongguk…” Zelo spoke for the first time in hours. “It’s quiet here.”

 

      “Really?” Yongguk glanced around, his eyes running over the surroundings. He’d say it was the opposite of silent. The strange-wheeled vehicles scraped over the ground with the loudest and most annoying scraping. It physically pained him and if he listened too long, his head would physically hurt.

 

      Zelo glanced up, and almost looked, from what Yongguk could tell, peaceful.

 

      “Can I live here…?” Zelo asked after a moment.

 

      “Uhh…” Yongguk once more thought of the owners, tied up in the back room. “Sure. Why not?”

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

      “Hyung….” Yongguk looked up at Zelo’s voice, his eyes barely looking away from the moving picture screen where the humans fired primitive weapons with excessive speed. The moment the man had stumbled on the primitive ‘movies’ as the ‘humans’ called them, he had found himself drawn to them. “Can I invite a companion over?”

 

      Yongguk’s attention turned slightly more towards the younger, but still didn’t completely depart from the television.

 

      “Companion?” Yongguk asked, his eyes darting back and forth between Zelo and the T.V.

 

      “He wants to come over.”

 

      “Oh…why?” The human concepts that Zelo was becoming more familiar with only managed to confuse the elder.

 

      Zelo shrugged, making it obvious that he didn’t know much of Earth customs, whilst all Yongguk knew of Earth was from the violent movies he found himself addicted to.

 

      “O..kay. Do whatever you want Jello.” Yongguk finally said, before his attention darted back to the television. The sound of the door bell only slightly surprised him.

 

      “Okay. That’s him.” Zelo said, walking out of the room.

 

      “Yah! You brat! He’s already here!” Yongguk snapped, standing up just in time to see Zelo walk inside with a very familiar face. Well, that wasn’t true. The face wasn’t familiar but the mask and the lazy expression chewing on a the contents of a bag of snacks, was. “You.”

 

      The unnamed boy shrugged, as he continued to chew. “Me.”

 

      “Kekemato,” Yongguk said with full distain whilst Zelo looked between the two confused.

 

      “I go by Daehyun here.” The boy said simply, blinking with a fully innocent expression, which Yongguk knew was complete bull. Complete.

 

      “You are the reason I am stranded here.” Yongguk said, and the Zelo looked at him.

 

      “You said you were vacationing here.” The blue masked boy stated, confusion clear in his voice.

 

      “I think I’ll kill you,” Yongguk stated, pulling out his gun and ignoring Zelo’s comment because honestly, no one would vacation to this planet.

 

      “Hey, buddy,” Daehyun finally stopped eating. “I am here to rescue you~!”

 

      “Consider me rescued.” Yongguk said, pressing the charging button on the blaster. It made a ‘whooshing’ sound that cause Daehyun to take a tiny step back.

 

      “Think of my children, Shishi.”

 

      “You don’t have any children.”

     

      “Someday I might.”

 

      “Hyung,” Zelo interrupted, stepping in between the two Matoki. “You can’t shoot my friend in here.”

 

      “He’s not a good friend Zelo.” Yongguk answered.

 

      Daehyun only shrugged.

 

      “Even so,” Zelo pressed his hand against Yongguk’s arm, forcing the Matoki to bring his gun, reluctantly down. “Shooting is an outside activity. Take him outside.”

 

      “Hey,” Daehyun whined. “I thought we had something special.”

 

      “Hear that Keke.” Yongguk smirked. “Time to enjoy the fresh air.”

 

      “I came to get you, didn’t I~” Daehyun continued whine, causing Yongguk to slightly pause.

 

      “Why was that?” The elder asked, his eyes narrowed into slits.

 

      “Because, despite my wrong doings, you are my friend.” Daehyun stated in response. Yongguk only glared. “Also, my ship crashed and I need a place to stay.”

 

      “…”

 

      “Friend.”

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

      “Hyung…I’m hungry.” Zelo whined, sitting next to Yongguk with an unhappy expression and Daehyun took the last of their Korean beef and began the mating ritual between said food and said mouth.

 

      “I can…shoot him?” Yongguk replied, and Zelo yawned, leaning his head back against the couch.

 

      “That wouldn’t get me any food.”

 

      “I could shoot him…and we could cook him?”

 

      “He’s 80% fat. That’s not good for us.” Zelo replied whilst closing his eyes and leaning more into the couch. The sound of the TV blaring with shooting was like a lullaby to his ears.

 

      Yongguk went silent, before nodding in agreement.

 

      “So, are you two like a couple now?” Daehyun asked, chewing on the last of the beef as he leaned on the couch behind the two.

 

      “ off Daehyun,” Yongguk said in response.

 

      “What’s a couple hyung?” Zelo asked.

 

      “I don’t know.” Yongguk replied simply, but knowing Daehyun, it probably wasn’t good.

 

      “Whatever.” Daehyun swallows down another bite of beef before walking into the kitchen in search of more food.

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

      “We’re going to take over this world, Zelo,” Yongguk said, putting the palm of his hand onto the boy’s shoulder. Zelo would have thought the elder was joking, if it wasn’t for the elder’s low tolerance for humor and jokes.

 

      “Why?” Zelo asked, and Yongguk shook his head.

 

      “We are superior beings and these humans are not.” Yongguk stated, and Zelo could see the earnest emotion in his hyung’s eyes.

 

      “Are you just saying this because you are bored and stuck here?” Daehyun interjected, causing Yongguk’s left eye to twitch and go silent. “Thought so.”

 

      Yongguk pulled out his blaster, aiming it precisely on Daehyun’s temple. The gun had practically made it’s home on Daehyun’s face, so it was safe to say the younger was immune to it’s presence.

 

      “You crashed here, if you forgot.”

 

      “At least I can admit I crashed here.”

 

      “I didn’t crash. This was all part of my plan.” Yongguk said, his lips in a firm frown.

 

      “Of course.” Daehyun agreed, rather sarcastically.

 

      “How do you plan on taking over this planet, hyung?” Zelo asked.

 

      The room went completely silent as Yongguk’s face emptied out of emotion. The only sound that came in was the squeaking tires against the pavement outside along with the annoying chirping of boys.

 

      Yongguk sat back against the couch, his expression still empty. “I am biding my options.”

 

      “You have no idea.” Daehyun laughed, only to be silenced by the sound of the blaster firing at him, which he only just managed to dodge.

 

      “Hyung,” Zelo scolded. “Shoot him outside!”

 

●▬Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ▬●

 

     Sometimes, at night, Zelo allowed the silence to crush him. It was so quiet on this planet. The noise was gone. It didn’t crush over him. He could sometimes hear the occasional whispers, always whispers, but they were on a low frequency that he couldn’t understand.

 

      He liked this planet. The sky was blue instead of purple, and he found that blue had always been his color. The purple would only ever hurt his eyes whilst the blue was calming, always ready to be admired.

 

      He liked this planet. He liked living with Yongguk and sometimes he even liked living with Daehyun. Sometimes.

 

      But he couldn’t get over the feeling that something was missing. He had so much to be happy about, and yet still the feeling wouldn’t leave his side.

 

      Something was missing.

 

      Zelo rolled to his side, the blankets rolling with him as he tried to stop himself from falling off the bed. His body was far too big for a bed so small and his feet hung off the mattress.

 

      After a moment of uncomfortably, Zelo sat up, grabbing his pillow and making his way down the hall. He saw a familiar door, and quickly opened it, finding Daehyun sleeping peacefully. Said Matoki was curling up to 14 bags of different flavored chips along with a half eaten roast that was still in the pan. Zelo almost immediately shut the door and continued to walk down the hall.

 

      He opened up another familiar door, finding Yongguk was gazing intensely at a laptop whilst lounging on his giant canopy bed. Yongguk immediately looked up upon the other’s arrival, his head tilting to the side.

 

      “What’s up Jello?” Yongguk asked, pressing a button on the laptop before giving the younger his attention.

 

      “I can’t sleep with Daehyun.” Zelo said, walking closer to the other whilst tightening his hold on his pillow.

 

      “Daehyun can barely sleep with Daehyun.” Yongguk replied, although he didn’t fully understand why Zelo would even attempt to sleep in Daehyun’s bed as the other Matoki was the definition of icky.

 

      Zelo placed his pillow next to Yongguk and slowly crawled on the bed, digging his legs underneath the covers in a surprisingly quick motion.

 

      “W-What are you doing?” Yongguk asked, his attention directed away from google, where the words “how to take over the world” were displayed on the screen.

 

      “I couldn’t sleep with Daehyun,” Zelo answered, rolling on his side, his eyes immediately connecting with Yongguk’s.

 

      “Yes. I get that.” Yongguk stated in response, although his tone wasn’t complete understanding. “Why my bed?” Yongguk was certain that there were five empty rooms in this house.

 

      Zelo didn’t answer and only continued to close his eyes. Yongguk found that his research on how to rule the world was swiftly distracted by the younger’s presence, no matter how much he tried to get his mind back on it.

 

      Him. The great Shishimato. The greatest terrorist in Mato history, could research something because of some creepy eyed kid.

 

      Daehyun would have a field day with this.

 

      Yongguk sighed, leaning his back against the head boards, his eyes snapping to look at the boy curled next to him every once and a while.

 

      It was silent, and that silence made the sound of Yongguk’s irregular beating heart all the more clear.

 

      “Do you have to take over the world, hyung?” Zelo asked after a moment. His voice surprised the elder as he had thought the younger had already fallen asleep.

 

      “Yes.” Yongguk answered immediately. “I want to go home.”

 

      “…I thought you hated planet Mato.”

 

      “If I hated it, I wouldn’t have tried so hard to change it. I would have just let it deteriorate.” Yongguk said.

 

      “Hyung…I don’t like planet Mato. Can I stay here?” Zelo replied, his eyes still closed.

 

      “…Why here? Sure this place will look great with my face plastered on every statue and surface, but it’s still a 3rd world planet. It can’t even get it’s space program together enough to take me home.”

 

      “It’s quiet here. And they don’t try to blast me into the sun.”

 

      “Still on that whole sun thing?”

 

      “Yes hyung. It was rather traumatic.”

 

      “…” Yongguk went silent, his eyes finally glancing towards the blue masked Matoki, curled up to his side.

 

      His fingers hovered Zelo’s face, his skin just beneath his fingers. Yongguk began to wonder if the boy had fallen asleep. Testing his luck, Yongguk placed his hand on top of the boy’s head. His hair felt soft underneath his touch, Yongguk ran his fingers over the boy’s face, finding the softness almost beautiful.

 

      Yongguk always found humans to quite strange, looking and sound ugly, but at this moment, Yongguk didn’t feel any of the familiar revulsion.

 

      He missed his home. Mato is where he grew up. Mato is what he always knew. He never belonged in any friend group, in an social environment, and he hated the idea of his life’s job being picked for him. He hated the government that dictated over his every choice, and he hated the cruel punishment factors for wrong doers.

 

      But Mato was his home.

 

      And yet…

 

      Yongguk leaned his head closer to Zelo, his black hair tickling his ears as he leaned forward.

 

      To leave Zelo here almost felt like he was leaving a part of himself here.

 

      Somewhere down the line, he felt that his home had become one with this kid.

 

      Yongguk placed his forehead against the boy’s, able to hear the slow and steady breathing of the younger.

 

      And for a moment, he felt at peace.

 

 

Why Daehyun actually crashed onto Earth:

 

     “Computer, instruct me to the nearest restaurant that I haven’t been at.” Daehyun ordered, leaning back in his seat.

 

       “Kekemato, there are no restaurants you haven’t tried for another couple galaxies.

 

       “Ahh. What galaxy?” Daehyun asked, chewing on his food while he glanced over to a ship, headed straight into the sun. He shrugged and continued eating.

 

      “As you wish, master Kekemato, we will now begin our journey to planet Uenoin Htrae.

 

      “Awesome.”

 

      "Master Kekemato, are you sure it's wise to turn off the safty gauges?"

 

      "Will it or will it not make you go faster?"

 

      "Yes, but Master Kekemato..."

 

      "Onward."

 

 

 


Author's Note

I decided to end this with some comedic humor from Daehyun, who is by far like my favorite character :o