Someday...

Someday...

It was during their trainee days, when a certain Mark Tuan felt a strong attraction towards the Hongkong native. If people were to ask him why he fell for him, he'd answer "What's not to love about him?"

Jackson was actually the opposite of Mark. He was loud, very loud. Energetic, that Mark doesn't even know where he gets all his energy. Lastly, he was wild and y. That was self explanatory. Mark was actually a man of few words, and you would only see him sitting in one place silently.

Though, they did say that opposites attract. 

This sounded so magical, right? Like a fairytale. The sheep fell in love with the wolf. The beauty, though Mark wasn't saying that he was beautiful, fell for the beast. He even described Jackson as the Straw to his Berry, if that even made sense.

But, to every fairytale, there was a villan. Stepmothers, witches, evil dragons, and the like.

But, the only thing wrong was there were no villains, why? Because there was no fairytale in the first place. Mark fell for Jackson, but the latter did not. What situation was he in? A one sided love. 

He fell for Jackson, a person he considered as his best friend. How cliche' could he get?

The idea of confessing crossed his mind, but he never had the courage to do so. He was a coward. What was he afraid of? Rejection. He knew Jackson doesn't like him, like that. He already gave all the hints, but to no avail. Jackson wasn't a dense person. He simply did not care. If he did, he'd only think Mark was being like that because he was his best friend.

And he felt like a fool, why? Because he kept misunderstanding Jackson's actions towards him. He made himself believe that the Hongkong native did like him back. 

There were many mornings when Mark would wake up with a sleeping Jackson next to him, his breath hitting the nape of his neck, and his arms around his waist. He really enjoyed those kinds of mornings, and he was disappointed whenever Jackson wasn't there. 

He half-blamed the fans for this, and the other half with Jackson- "MarkSon". He was well aware that the fans paired him up with Jackson, and the latter even gave them their OTP name, as they called it. It was so overwhelming. Mark would even look at pictures of the said ship, and he must say, their stares could be a bit misleading. 

If only Jackson had a mutual feeling with that. 

There were times, during their practice, when would Mark hand over a bottle of water to Jackson. And the latter would give him his signature smile. That never failed to make his heart skip beats. 

Jackson Wang affected him greatly. 

Time actually came, when Mark felt that he had stored up ejough strength and courage, that he decided to confess his feelings. He couldn't hold back anymore. 

It was in their shared room, that Mark decided to confess. They just got back from a performance, but Jackson's mood wasn't in a sour one, as always. 

This was it, the moment of truth. It was now or never. 

"Hey, Jackson."

"What is it, Mark?"

And from there, itvwas all a blur. Mark couldn't stop talking anymore. He told Jackson everything, from the attraction he felt, to the point of saying 'I love you'. His confession actually went well. It was clear, and full of emotion. He poured his heart out, just to be convincing as possible. There was a painful silence after, but Jackson did the least thing Mark expected. 

He laughed, hard. 

"Are you serious?" He was dead serious. "Mark, I- I'm sorry." Cracks. He could hear his heart breaking. "It's flattering, but, I can't accept your feelings. I'm in love with someone else."

That was also unexpected. Jackson didn't love him, and he was even in love with someone else.

"It's fine" But, it wasn't. He could never blame Jackson for anything. It was his fault for allowing himself to fall for him. It was his fault for misunderstanding Jackson's actions. 

Everything was his fault. And now, he even tainted his friendship with Jackson. He should've been contented.

After a week or so, things were back to normal. Mark couldn't avoid Jackson, he could never, even if he tried. He knew Jackson was a very persistent person, so avoiding him wouldn't do anything. It was weird, how Jackson could act like nothing happened. It greatly affected Mark, but it only showed that Jackson didn't actually care about his feelings. 

It was a few more days later, when Jackson announced him and Bambam were together.

Jackson was in love with the Thailand native boy. Looking at it now, everything clicked. No wonder the two would go out at night. No wonder Jackson would sneak inside the younger's room. It crushed Mark. Jackson had already rejected him, but still, he was affected. 

He was jealous. His jealousy was unjustified. 

Though, Mark kept telling himself that he wouldn't be bitter towards Bambam, but as hard as he tried, there was no use. Whenever the younger would talk to him, he would suddenly be in a foul mood. It was unfair, and very irrational, but he couldn't help it. It shouldn't be like this, but god, why was it so hard?

There was this day when Mark was really tired, and his mood was very sour. He decided to retreat back to his room, to avoid releasing his negativity to the other members. 

But, it seemed life thought otherwise. Bambam called his attention. How convenient. 

"Hyung, let's go have some dinner, my treat!" The younger meant well, but Mark wasn't in the best of his moods. He said no, in the nicest way possible, but just like Jackson, Bambam was persistent. "Come on, hyung. We haven't hung out in a while, and-"

"I said no, Bambam. Why can't you understand? Go pester someone else, okay? Leave me alone." 

Mark entered his room and quickly regretted his actions towards the younger. He sat on his bed and sighed. How long could he keep this up? He was being unfair, and this all started because of his feelings for Jackson.

The door suddenly flew open. He wasn't actually expecting Jackson, and he looked veru displeased. 

"What the hell is your problem, Mark?"

"What do-"

"Don't play dumb. Bambam's crying in his room. Why are you ing around everyone, huh? What is wrong with you?"

"I can't help it, okay? I just can't."

"Is this still about your feelings towards me? You still haven't moved on from that?"

"You think it's that easy? It's not. It is never easy. It's easy for you to say, because you're not the one hurting."

"Why are you complicating things? It's stupid and pathetic. Just move on, and accept the fact that it's Bambam I love. Be professional."

That felt like reality slapping him. 

Jackson left and slammed the door. He was right. He should  move on, but why couldn't he? Wasn't this enough? 

Another week passed by, and Mark avoided, not only Jackson, but the other members as well. He didn't want the other members to worry abouy him, so, he avoided them.

On stage, they were a happy family. Off stage, it was just Mark. How pathetic was he? Very pathetic. 

It was mid-September when their manager announced to all of them that Jackson would be temporarily leaving their dorm to join Roommate, as he was casted as a new member of the show. Jackson would be there for their schedules, but he would be sleeping there, not at their dorm.

Out of all the members, it was Bambam who found it very hard to accept. Of course, he would miss his boyfriend. But if you were to ask Mark, he was the saddest of them all. They weren't really in good terms, but now, he would even see less of the Hongkong native. 

On the night before Jackson's temporary departure, he was surprised that itvwas actually Jackson who initiated to talk.

"Mark, I- I'm sorry. I'm really sorry for the stupid things I said."

"No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for ing around. I'm sorry for being unprofessional. I'm sorry for loving you."

"Mark-"

"But, I never regretted anything. I never regretted loving you."

"No, you should move on. You deserve someone better. You can-"

"Stop, please, just stop. I'll be fine. I can and will get through this."

"Mark..."

"Please, please. Just- I'll be fine. But please, can you please leave me alone for the moment?" The other didn't respond, and did what he was asked. As soon as he heard the door close, he fell on the floor, knees getting weak. 

There was no more chance with Jackson, there never was. 

It was a week since he left. They would see each other during schedules, but Mark kept his distance. It was for the best. It was very painful, because he hated avoiding Jackson. But, if he doesn't do this, he won't be able to move on. 

Someday, someone would love all of him. He would find someone who needed him. He would find someone to take Jackson's place, inside his heart. 

Time would come, when he would eventually forget about Jackson, a time he wouldn't miss or need Jackson anymore. 

Someday, he would be strong enough, and love again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

Wow. This was longer than I expected. It's better if you listen to the song while reading. Someday - Jessica ft. Krystal (playing piano) or you can listen to the original version by Nina. Both are fine. So, I released all my sadness for my ship. And also, indirectly, my feelings about Jackson joining roommate. Thank youuu!! ♡♥♡♥♡