gone

red on black

 

gone.

 

 

Sungbin hadn't been to the IAB studio in a while. He was in Germany for the past month and a half courtesy of his on and off model-girlfriend, Stefanie Michova. Because of his (extremely) extended vacation, he hasn't seen nor heard from his illionaire and IAB crew in the time he was gone. Now, he's been back in Seoul for two days and he decided that there should be an end to his rest and the end of that would be the beginning of late nights out with his crew.  It was Friday, July 5th, and while he was driving, he honestly didn't think anyone would be at the studio besides Jun (since he's always, always there). There wasn't much traffic from his penthouse to the studio, so his period of car contemplation (or so he calls it) was very short. Thoughts consisted of his blonde girlfriend, SMTM4 and art. Not much. But he couldn't help but have a strange feeling while on the way to IAB.

When he parked his car behind the building, he did so in his regular spot (one that he has claimed so often that nobody actually parks there anymore, since it practically has his name on it). He got out of the car and put his jacket on, but not before a chill ran up his spine. He ignored the strange feeling as he continued to walk into the building and take the elevator up to the studio. As he walked the hallway, it wasn't quiet like he thought it would be. The doors weren't that soundproof at the studio so when people were talking loudly or playing music loudly, you can clearly hear it from the hallway. The noise he heard wasn't all that loud. Just a few spoken words and a beat in the background. Maybe they're working on something new, he thought. The closer he got to the entrance of the studio, the clearer he heard the voices, some deep voices, he can tell at least three were male and then there was one voice that stood out. It wasn't girly or squeaky like the typical girls out in the industry. It sounded deep, raspy and sultry. He didn't know if he knew this girl or not because he would definitely recognize if it was Younha or Hyuna (from Urban Zakapa). He couldn't quite put his finger on it so instead, he just closed his hand on the doorknob and turned it open. He looked up at he opened the door and was greeted by the sight of Dong Gab (who prefers to be called the Quiett, with two t's), Jun, Hyuna, Dongmin and Steve. Dong Gab was sitting on the couch with Jun, Dongmin and Steve while Hyuna was sitting at the desk, a paper with scribbles in her hand.

"Oh , It's Sungbin!!" Dongmin greets as he stood up to give Sungbin a handshake. The rest of them said their hello's and Sungbin took his seat on the love chair. The beat he heard from earlier was still playing, although obviously louder. It sounded a little old, reminded him of the 80's. He took a beer from the cooler and opened while he set his eyes on Dong Gab.

"What's with the instrumental?" He asks before taking a sip.

Dong Gab leans forward to take some papers from the coffee table and look over them.

"We're helping Yu-" He was interrupted by the loud slam of the bathroom door, which it tends to do on hot days. The sound of heavy footsteps can be heard and a blonde girl walked into the room. She was wearing a large tee-shirt dress and white air maxes. She didn't seem to notice the attention on her until she spoke, "Hyuna, who walked in?" as she looked up and flipped her long, blonde hair. Her eyes scan the room and immediately spots the odd one out (or in, maybe).

"Hey, Sungbin came by." Dongmin says.

Jun rolls his eyes, "Well obviously," which earns the laughter of those around him.

"Where'd you go again? I forgot." Steve asked loudly, eyeing Hyuna, as she fixated her stare at Yubin.

Sungbin felt awkward as he couldn't tear his gaze from Yubin. He doesn't know how or why but she just seemed so different from the last time he saw her. For starters, she was a brunette the last time they met each other, which seems to be such a long time ago. He had stopped spending time with her and Yeeun after meeting Stefanie, since he was so focused on her that he couldn't even think of his other female friends. Technically, him and Yubin weren't just friends, but what they had was extremely short-lived (though amazing, he likes to say). They parted awkwardly, just drifting from each other, not talking to each other again after that. Now, she seems so different. The fact that she's blonde doesn't help. He always had a thing for blondes. Not only that, but she seems to glow. He's not sure exactly, but the vibe he gets from her now is way different from what he used to feel back then.

"Hello? Sungbin?" Hyuna interrupts his train of thoughts.

Sungbin immediately snaps out of it. 

"I was in Germany for vacation." He replies as Yubin takes a seat next to Dong Gab.

"Why Germany of all places?" Steve asked once again.

Sungbin glared at him and opened his mouth to reply but was cut off by the husky voice that was Yubin's.

"His girlfriend's from Germany remember?" She reminds them with a laugh.

Steve chuckles and Hyuna laughs awkwardly as they both said "right.." in unison.

Dong Gab coughed to get the attention on him.

"Anyways, as I was saying, we're helping Yubin go over her self-composed song/s for Wonder Girls' new album." He says, setting the papers down next to him on his left.

Sungbin almost choked on his beer.

"New album? You guys are having a comeback? And you're composing?" The questions flowed out of his mouth before his mind could even filter them.

Yubin, who sat on Dong Gab's right side, crossed her legs (causing her shirt dress to ride up her thighs), and reached over Dong Gab's lap to grab the papers he set down. She didn't notice her dress ride up, but Sungbin did and he also noticed the little glances Dong Gab gave Yubin and her honey colored thighs.

"Yeah, we don't have a set comeback date yet, but sometime next month. The whole album is self-composed by me and the girls." She answers, not bothering to look at Sungbin. Dong Gab swings his arm over Yubin to rest behind her shoulders on the couch. He whispered a question to her ear to which, Sungbin noticed, Yubin nodded to, while also unconsciously resting her free hand on his knee.

He decided not to stay quiet. "So, what is this song you're writing right now?"

Hyuna and Dong Gab spoke up in unison. "A ballad."

Sungbin's eyes widened. He didn't figure Yubin to be the type of person to write ballads. She was a rapper, one ackowledged by himself, Dong Gab, Yoon Mi Rae and even Tiger JK himself. She was a self-proclaimed bad , so why a ballad instead of a rap song?

"A ballad? For a rapper? What's it about?" The questions pour out.

Yubin laughs, looking at Dong Gab's concered face. She silently tells him not to worry as he gets up to get the rest of the composition papers from Hyuna's table.

"It's about my ex. What else would a girl group ballad be about?" She jokes, but he takes seriously anyway.

"But don't worry. I'm still a rapper, I have a duet with Lim. We wrote about being gone from the industry." She continues as Dong Gab makes his way around her but pauses a little to touch a piece of her hair. When he sits down, Yubin takes the papers from him and he drops his hand to her thigh, an action that didn't seem to bother her at all.

But it bothered Sungbin. It irked him so much and he didn't know why. Deep in his thoughts, he doesn't notice Dongmin change the beat of the song to something more hype and funky. He snaps out of his thoughts when he hears Dong Gab's smooth voice rapping in unison to the sultry sound of Yubin.

"Should I tell them that I'm dead? So that they'll bow down to me." they rap together, laughing and bobbing their heads, being joined by everyone but Sungbin.

He hears Hyuna say, "my favorite part in the song!"

Sungbin doesn't speak for a while until Dongmin mentions that he wants to hear Yubin's rap in the ballad she wrote. They encouraged her to stand in front of them and rap and that she did.

"No, why can't you see me?

Your heart is always somewhere else.

I'm the one who's always in front of you.

Who is she? Why can't you be satisfied with me?

Look at me, I always say that I'm happy.

I don't say no, I'm a simple girl.

Even if you think I don't have charm, I'm better.

It's my fault for loving you first,

I can't blame you."

A round of applause was heard echoing throughout the room. Sungbin's hands just automatically clap themselves, even though in his mind, he's trying to process her words. She's gotten better, so much better and her lyrics were too interesting not to think about. He couldn't even wrap his head around it, who could possibly choose someone over Yubin? They'd been close friends before and he knows that she's a wonderful and amazing girl, on the outside and inside ('and in bed' his conscience thought), so who could possibly overlook her for someone else? She's saying it was about an ex, but who exactly?

"Hard to believe someone couldn't be satisfied with you, Yub." Dong Gab comments, winking playfully at her as she makes her way to sit next to him. She punches his arm lightly, to which he responds by pouting and joking around saying that he'll bruise for days after that hit. They seemed to be in their own world, chatting and that's when the lightbulb in Sungbin's brain .

"Are you guys dating?" He asks straightforward, causing Hyuna, Jun, Dongmin and Steve to choke on their drinks. Yubin had open in shock and Dong Gab sat there with a poker face. Then out of nowhere, Dongmin bursts out in laughter.

"Dating?! Yubin and Dong Gab?? He wishes!!" He says in between choking laughs.

Steve joins in, snickering while glancing at the two.

"They're suddenly like this to each other because they've been hooking up."

Sungbin's eyes widened. He didn't think Dong Gab would ever get into such a relation with someone, especially not Yubin. He's not sure why but he feels something drop in the pit of his stomach. His chest aches and his head hurts for some reasons unknown to him.

"But it honestly looks like you guys are dating," Hyuna comments, "you know, besides all that , casual that we catch you guys in most of the time."

Yubin blushes at this and Dong Gab uses his long, slender fingers to hide his face from embarrassment.

"Haha, I think I'm gonna leave. It's late anyways and I have to go and talk about the teaser and photoshoot with PD-nim." Yubin says, standing up and smoothing down her dress.

"Oh shut up, whatever. You just don't want to be in an awkward position because Sungbin is the only one who doesn't know that you guys have been hooking up." Jun laughs.

Dong Gab send him a glare before telling Yubin that he'll walk her out. They walk away and Sungbin finds himself following their footsteps. Unbeknownst to him, the other four stared at him as he followed the couple. He stops behind the wall and only takes a peek. Yubin and Dong Gab are there, saying goodbye to each other, and Sungbin thought it would be a quick and bried goodbye but his assumptions were trampled by the sound of lips crashing on lips. It doesn't last long before they break it off and they both laugh as he pulls her in, one arm wrapped around her neck, the other hand sliding its way up to the underside of her s. Sungbin hears a little gasp from her before he notices Dong Gab's hand move from her down to her plush bum, giving it a hard squeeze and making Yubin jump in alert and squeal in delight. He listens as she tells Dong Gab that she has to go and that she'll see them tomorrow. He nods and as she turned her back, he gave her a soft smack, earning a laugh from her. Noticing that Dong Gab was walking back to the main living room of the studio, he hid behind one of the bookshelves. He finally stands out when he hears Dong Gab scolding the four.

"You motherers! How many times have I told you not to ever mention the situation between me and Yubin." He yells.

"Yeah, yeah. We won't mention it if you guys stop being so obvious that you're ing each other." Hyuna spits out.

"Touche." Dong Gab replies, earning a laugh from everybody else.

Meanwhile, Sungbin was standing in front of the door.

And just like that, Yubin was gone.