Are You Happy Or Not?

Are You Happy Or Not?

Chapter 8

 

“Hey, where are you going?! Don’t tell me the fired you for beating up the little bastard!” Jinwoon yelled worriedly.


“No, I’m taking the afternoon off. I just want to go home & rest up.” Jaejoong replied, as he shoved the folders into his black kenneth cole reaction leather single gusset manhattan briefcase.

 

“Don’t forget about your appointment with Ms. Hwang this afternoon!” Screamed Jaejoong’s secretary, from outside.

 

“Damn! I almost forgot!” Jaejoong yelled in responses, “Hyoyeon, could you call her & tell her that I have decided to change the appointment location from the office to my apartment?! Same time! Thanks!”

 

“So, you really are after Binnie’s girl. Never thought you had it in you. Tell me all the details later okay? Actually, I had prefer a video if you don’t mind.”

 

“What are you saying? We just needed to finish my deposition. You are as stupid as Bin & why the hell would you want a video of your friend doing a girl? Got the hots for my buns or something?” Jaejoong said, with a sheepish smile.

 

“Oh please, your buns are nothing special. Not like the buns of steel I have.” Jinwoon said jokingly.

 

Tiffany rang the doorbell & waited patiently for Jaejoong to opened the door. She really wasn’t in the mood to do this right now but work is work. When Jaejoong finally came to the door, he gasped, “What happened to you?”

 

“Me? What about you? Did you get into a fight?” Tiffany asked worriedly.


“Sort of but only against a sissy fighter. Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that.”

 

“Why are you apologizing to me? Oh, you were fighting with Bin? Why?”

 

“Oh, he was just saying something about me & you. Stupid really. Don’t worry about it & how about you? Your eyes are all swollen. Were you crying?” Jaejoong asked. The concern was apparent in his voice.

 

“Um...I will be fine. Really. Well, let’s get this deposition over with so we can both get some rests. Are you sure you are okay? You might need some stitches for your lips.”

 

“Oh no, it’s okay. This used to happen all the time back in high school...uh, I mean, not that I lost a lot of fights or anything...you should have seen the people I beat up...uh, I mean, not that I was a trouble maker or anything...uh, yeah, have a seat.”

 

Tiffany was amazed at Jaejoong’s beautiful apartment. In comparison, Tiffany’s apartment was like a broom closet. Spacious, elegantly designed, yet decidedly masculine & with an impressive view through full-length french windows. Yunho had helped design it. He was strangely very talented at such things.

 

Tiffany composed herself & started pulling folders out of her light gold/brindle leather coach madison carlyle shoulder bag, “Hmmm, Ms. Hwang, I’m still worried about you. Let me fix you something to drink. I know what will make you feel better.” Jaejoong said, & left the room while Tiffany got up to look around. She had been to Bin’s family’s manor many times but this was different. Bin’s house always seemed so stuffy, she couldn’t imagine living there. Jaejoong’s apartment, while richly decorated was tasteful & had a young feeling to it. Jaejoong returned with a dark mug. She took the drink from him & took a sip, “Orange juice?”


“Yes, what did you think it was going to be?”

 

“Um...well, I was thinking of something strong but it’s okay. I like orange juice better.” Tiffany replied, with a smile.


“Hey, I wanted to cheer you up, not make you forget all your sorrows. You know, someone with such lovely eyes should never cry. It’s an insult to your beauty.”

 

“Um...thanks, Mr. Kim. You know, that article in fortune about you was right after all. You can be quite charming when you want to.”

 

“Thank you & you know, if you don’t mind me saying so, someone like Bin doesn’t deserve you. Have you ever given any thought to when you were actually happy with him?”


“Um...well, he was pretty much the most important thing in my life for the past three years. I almost feel like I don’t have anything besides him. I have been sort of reclusive most of my life so I don’t have many friends.” “How can you say you have nothing? You have your career & if you need a friend, I had be happy to take the job.” Jaejoong smiled as he sat down next to her.


“What are you saying?”


“I’m just saying that maybe we should get to know each other a little better.” Jaejoong said sincerely, & he meant it. He genuinely wanted to make Tiffany feel better.


“You are saying that you want to take advantage of a girl who just broke up with her boyfriend? You are saying you want to be my rebound because you think I’m vulnerable & easy now? I can’t believe you. Are all men like this? I thought you were sweet & a gentleman but I guess I was wrong.” & with that, Tiffany stormed out of the apartment.


“Wait, Ms. Hwang! I didn’t mean it that way!” Jaejoong yelled, as he chased her down the hall. Tiffany looked at him in disgusts as the elevator door shut just before Jaejoong reached it.

 

As Tiffany walked down the street dejected, she didn’t notice the other depressed looking person heading straight for her until he crashed into her, “Oh, I’m sorry, I guess I wasn’t looking where I was going.” The young man said, “Oh, it’s alright. I.” Tiffany stopped in mid-sentences as she looked up. It was Bin but no, it wasn’t. It was a taller, younger Bin in ghetto clothes.

 

“Um...miss? Are you okay?” Changmin asked. He hoped he didn’t give her a concussion or anything.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry. It’s just that you look so much like a friend of mine. Won Bin.”

 

“Oh, you know my brother?”


“Your brother?”