final.

It Was Always You

Wendy wasn’t the type to get jealous easily.

No, that’s Irene’s role in the group.

But for some reason, she felt her heartstrings being tugged at the sight of Taeyeon and her Irene getting all touchy with one another.

Wait, her Irene? Since when did Irene become hers?

Wendy sighed and shook her head as she tried to get rid of the ridiculous thoughts in her head.

All of these started when she saw the comments being posted online and the pictures where the two of them were together a week ago.

She shouldn’t have read that she thought, because whenever Irene touches her this lately, she would either flinch or blush madly and that never happened before.

Until their fans pointed it out that they look good together.

And now, it had already come to the point where she is feeling jealous towards whomever Irene is talking to.

Wendy knew what was happening to her and yet, she’s just too afraid to admit it.

It was probably better kept a secret, for both her sake and Irene’s.

“Is something bothering you Wendy?”

Tiffany had always been a keen observer and of course she couldn’t help but to notice the way Wendy was acting.

On any other day at the company, Wendy would be enthusiastic in talking to her seniors but it didn’t seem to show that day.

“O-Oh, I’m fine Tiffany-sunbaenim,” Wendy flashed an awkward smile as she turned her attention back to Tiffany and tried to pick up the conversation they were having earlier.

Little did she know, she wasn’t the only one in the room who was jealous.

 

-

 

Wendy wondered on how on earth does one manage to look good while exercising.

It was hard enough to be next to Irene, who doesn’t only suffocate her with her scent but also her presence and to see the girl getting all sweaty close up just makes it worse.

Wendy knew it was wrong to have indecent thoughts about the older girl but she just couldn’t help it.

Irene’s milky white skin pressed against hers, their legs tangled with one another, oh how she would kill to have her.

Wendy snapped out of her thoughts the moment someone gently nudged her side, and it turns out to be the devil herself.

“You’re so slow Seungwan-ah, they’re already doing the next move,” Irene chuckled and she was in fact correct. Wendy was still stuck with stretching her arm behind her back where as the others had already moved on to jogging in their own spot.

The younger out of the two just hung her head low in embarrassment after being aware of the few weird stares that were coming from the people behind her before trying to keep up with the others.

“Way to embarrass yourself Son Seungwan,” Wendy murmured to herself.

 

-

 

“Shower with me Seulgi-ah~” Irene cooed cutely as she wrapped her arms around the said-girl and it was Wendy instead who almost choked on her water right after hearing what Irene had just said.

“Oh? Why unnie?”

“You showered with Joy this morning, so you should too with me,” Irene pouted before scrunching her nose as she pointed towards Joy.

“Well alright then,” Seulgi laughed and was about to make her way to their shared bedroom to get her towel but was stopped on her tracks by the very-jealous snowman.

“H-Hold on, no one’s going to shower with anyone!”

“Huh? What’s wrong with you Wendy?” Seulgi blinked for a few times in confusion. Wendy never had a problem with it before. “We’re just taking a shower.”

“T-That’s just wrong though. You and Irene showering together…”

Her cheeks were flushing red the moment she was finished with her words and Wendy just casted the older girl a shy glance.

“Hey, you didn't have a problem with me taking a shower with Joy-“ Seulgi was about to continue with what she was saying but stopped when a smirk slowly crept on her face as she looked over towards her friend teasingly. “Unless, you wanted to have a shower with Irene-unnie instead. Oh wow, are you jealous Son Seungwan?”

“W-What? No!”

“Nawh, in that case let’s shower together then Seungwan ah,” Irene jokingly wiggled her eyebrows towards Wendy, pulling the girl closer to her.

“I-I… No!”

Wendy squirmed away from Irene’s hold despite of the fact that she was very much liking it and quickly ran for their bedroom, shutting herself in.

The other three girls watched the whole scene in amusement, and it was their maknae who spoke up first.

“Oh wow, I never knew Seungwan unnie was that shy.”

“Neither do I Sooyoung-ah,” Seulgi snickered and shrugged.

Irene on the other hand, just smiled. Wendy could be so cute at times. 

 

-

 

Neither one of the girls were fond of the thunder, so when it was raining that night accompanied with the lightning flash and the thunder, they immediately went to grab for the closest person they could find.

For Seulgi, it’s Joy and for Irene, it’s Wendy.

A part of Wendy was glad that it was raining but she was still of course terrified.

Wendy was rather thankful with the fact that her back was the one facing Irene because if she were to face Irene in a close proximity, only god knows what would happen.

Irene was the first one to voice out her fear, as she tightened her hold of Wendy.

“I’m scared.”

“It’s alright, I’m here,” Wendy patted the older girl’s arm reassuringly but even she herself didn't know what her words were suppose to mean.

How on earth is she going to protect Irene if she herself is scared?

“Don’t leave me alone alright?” Irene whispered and buried her face into the crook of Wendy’s neck.

Wendy swore that her heart could just jump through her chest but she tried to keep her cool by shutting her eyes and imagining that everything is just a dream.

Yes, a dream.

By next morning, Irene would be gone from her bed and sleep in her own instead.

“Yeah, I won’t.”

“That’s good then, I’m holding you on for your promise,” Irene chuckled, her breath tickling against Wendy’s neck. “Do you like me Wendy-ah?”

“Of course I do.”

“Good, because I like you too.”

Irene smiled as she carefully turned Wendy around to face her and gently pressed her lips against the younger one’s.

Perhaps, Wendy’s feelings weren’t one-sided after all.

 

Author's Note - All hail WenRene.