Anniversary

Anniversary

You woke up early in the morning, yawning as you stretched out among the seemingly millions of blankets around you. Sleeping in a tent normally wouldn't be your favorite thing in the world, but when you're lying next to your perfect- and dorky- boyfriend, nothing else matters.

 

"Good morning, beautiful." Jackson rolled over, wrapping his arms around you, inhaling his favorite scent in the whole entire world, the peppermint shampoo he bought you for Christmas last year.

 

"Good morning dweeb."

 

"Hey! I am NOT a dweeb."

 

You laughed, rolling over and burying your head into Jackson's chest. "You are a dweeb. But you're my dweeb, and I wouldn't want it any other way."

 

Kissing his cheek, you made a move to try and stand up, but didn't make it very far seeing as Jackson's arms were wound tightly around your stomach.

 

"Jackson let me get up, I have to pee." Jackson snorted, rolling his eyes.

 

"But I'm not ready to get up yet."

 

Elbowing him softly in the ribs, you laugh as you are finally able to stand up, shooting Jackson a look of pity at his overly-dramatic face as he tries to mimic pain.

 

"You're a terrible actor."

 

"But you love me~"

 

"Yes. Yes I do." You laughed again, leaning down to peck your boyfriend's lips. "However, I seriously have to pee so I'm going to the bathroom right now."

 

Jackson just stares at you as you practically run out of the tent, making a beeline for the bathroom.

 

He gets up, dusts himself off, and starts to make breakfast for you two. He slowly begins to sing a soft tune as he cooks. A tune that you both knew very well. It was Playground, a song by his group, GOT7. You two had deemed it as your song because it was your favorite to sing, and Jackson loved your voice, so he sings it all the time now just to get you to sing with him.

 

He stills for a second as he feels arms snake around his waist. "Mm, babe that smells good."

 

"I know I do," Jackson says, looking at you, laughing as he sees the look he's gotten to know so well. Your did-you-really-just-say-that look. "I'm kidding! I making you bacon because I know it's your favorite."

 

Your mouth almost waters at the word bacon. You hadn't had bacon a lot since moving to Korea but you were definitely glad you had bought some just for this trip.

 

You both sit down on your blankets, reveling in the warmth of each other and the smell of freshly cooked bacon. Between the jokes and the mouthfuls of delicious breakfast food, you continued to steal glances at Jackson as he was eating. He was truly gorgeous: chiseled features, puppy dog eyes, and those plump lips that you just loved to kiss. You never really figured out how you had managed to snatch up such a wonderful boyfriend but you decided not to dwell on the thought further, but instead enjoying your time with one another.

 

"Hey, are you okay? You keep spacing out." Jackson asked, looking at you with concern.

 

"Yeah I'm fine. Just... thinking about things." You reply, grabbing the piece of bacon that Jackson was holding, a very unmanly screech coming from him following the theft of his 'dear bacon'.

 

"What things?" Jackson inquired curiously, pouting as he watched you eat his piece of bacon. "Were you thinking about me?"

 

"Yes, I was actually. I was thinking 'How can I be so lucky to have such a fabulous boyfriend as the great Wang Mandu.'"

 

"Aww babe~ You're too kind." Tackling you to the ground, Jackson smothered you in a bone crushing hug, kissing all over your face.

 

"Ew, get off of me!" You squeal, trying to flip him off but to no avail. That boy was pure muscle, the same muscle that you felt flex underneath your hands as he readjusted his hands near your head.

 

"Make me" are the last words said as he leaned down, capturing your lips in what felt like the sweetest kiss in the world. It was slow, and very soft. It wasn't a kiss that you would normally receive from Jackson, and you savored every second of it before he removed his lips from yours.

 

Smiling at you, he rolled to the side, helping you sit up and dust off your clothes. "You're so cute when you're surprised."

 

"Yeah whatever, you dweeb~"

 

"I'm NOT a dweeb!"

 

-----------------------------------------

 

That night, you had Jackson build a campfire for the both of you, and as you snuggled up to his side you began to recall all of the events from that day. You had an amazing breakfast, then went hiking up to a little creek a couple of miles away to have lunch (Jackson wouldn't stop complaining the entire way there, even though it was HIS idea), and then by the time you had made it back to your tent it was time for dinner. Dinner was almost as amazing as breakfast, consisting of shrimp alfredo and many failed attempts at a 'Lady and the Tramp' moment.

 

Jackson leaned his head onto yours, humming softly as you both watched the flames along the logs. "Today was amazing. I don't think I could think of a better way to spend our 2 year anniversary."

 

You nodded in agreement, smiling as you just snuggled into him more.

 

You couldn't believe you two had been together for so long. You had had a few boyfriends in high school, but nothing like this. They lasted maybe one or two months and you never felt anything special for your past boyfriends. But with Jackson, it was different. You actually felt sparks when he kissed you, and you felt like you were at home in his arms. You smiled as you remember exactly how this all began.

 

You two had met at a dance workshop while he was a trainee, and you two had hit it off instantly. You had just moved to Korea, and seeing as he could speak English, he happily took up the job of being your tour guide. He explained to you that he had a job and couldn't be available all of the time, but he would be there whenever you need him, and for that you were grateful. There were many late night calls, and secret meetings, until after a month, he finally invited you to his 'job', which turned out to be his training for the group he was in now.

 

'These are my fellow trainees. This is also why I couldn't always hang out with you, because I’m always training.' He explained to you, rubbing his neck in embarrassment. 'I didn't want to tell you, because at first I simply couldn't, but I was beginning to enjoy your friendship so much that I didn't feel like it was necessary.'

 

You blushed thinking about how embarrassed he was back then. Afraid of you not liking him for him, but rather his 'job'.

 

'It's really nice to meet you. Jackson has been talking about you nonstop for the past month." JB said, who obviously you didn't know at the time.

 

'Yah! Hyung! Don't tell her that!'

 

You laughed. 'It's okay Jackson, I haven't been able to stop talking about you either.'

 

'Really?'

 

'Yes, you dweeb.'

 

That's where it all started. From that day forward you both started hanging out at the company a lot more, you coming to visit him during his training hours or him meeting you in the cafe for some coffee during his breaks. A few weeks after that initial meeting with the other members of GOT7, they all greeted you as you walked into the building.

 

'Hey guys! Where is Jackson?" You asked, looking around but not finding him among the group.

 

'Oh! He's waiting for you on the roof. We came here to help you get up there.' Yugyeom spoke up, stepping forward and guiding you to the nearest elevator. 'We'll take the elevator up as far as we can, and then from there we'll take the stairs.'

 

You followed them, both excited and scared as to why Jackson would wait for you on the roof when he normally waits for you in the practice room. Walking onto the rooftop, you see Jackson standing directly in the center, dressed in a black suit, holding a single red rose in his hand. You gasp, walking up to him. 'You look amazing Jackson. But what is all of this for?'

 

Jackson blushed. 'It's for you. I... I've been thinking about you a lot lately and I believe that now is a good time to be able to say that I have feelings for you. Really strong feelings, and what I brought you up here for was to...' He cleared his throat, looking down before catching your eyes yet again.

 

'...was to ask you to be my girlfriend.'

 

All you could do was look at him in shock, before blinking and bringing yourself back to reality. 'Y-yes. Oh my gosh Jackson, yes.'

 

Stuttering, you hug him, so happy that this was happening. Jackson, YOUR Jackson, had finally asked you out. You had begun to lose hope that he had feelings for you, but now you had been reassured.

 

"What are you thinking about now, love?" Jackson asked, kissing your forehead as he wrapped his arms around you.

 

"I was thinking about when we met, and when you asked me out." Relaxing into his arms, you looked back at him, smiling. "I can't believe it's been two years already."

 

Pecking your lips, Jackson decided that now was a good time to do what he had been waiting to do all night.  Unwinding his arms and standing up, Jackson looked back at you with a loving look on his face. "Neither can I, and I planned something for tonight but it's in the tent, so I'll be right back."

 

Shrugging your shoulders, you turn your attention back to the fire, not watching as Jackson came back out of the tent a few minutes later with a small box in his hands.

 

Sitting down next to you, he drew your eyes from the fire as he grabbed your hands, looking nervous.

 

"Jackson, why do you look so nervous?" You asked, getting worried. Your mind automatically began to think the worst, but you pushed those thoughts aside as he sighed, then smiled at you. "I'm fine. I just need to get over the nerves."

 

"What nerves? What is going on?"

 

"Babe, I love you. And I have for a long time. These past 2 years... have been the best 2 years of my life. I'm so glad that I got to spend them with you and I can't wait to spend many more years with you in the future. You can always make my day better with just one smile, one kiss, one hug. It doesn't matter what happened or how tired I was, just you being there makes everything bad disappear. I couldn't ask for anyone better, and I never will."

 

Reaching into his pocket, you gasp softly, seeing him hold the little box in his hands as he drops down onto a knee, shaking a bit.

 

"I love you. And I always will. So, will you make me the happiest man on Earth, and be my wife?"

 

Holding open the box, you notice the ring that he bought was the ring that you had been admiring the week before. It was a simple ring, a plain silver band with an infinity symbol at the crown, and a small diamond in the center of it all.

 

Tearing up, you nod your head, barely managing to voice the few words that ran through your head. "Y-yes. Yes, Jackson, yes."

 

He smiles at you, taking the ring out of the box and placing it on your finger. Kissing you softly, he takes you in his arms and hugs you, letting your tears flow freely knowing that they are tears of joy.

 

"I love you Jackson Wang. And I always will."