Chapter Two

Project Transformation

"Nice to meet you," Nichkhun greeted. 

"Ah, yes," Tiffany accepted, feeling anxious.

"We've got to get rid of this horrible repute you've developed for yourself," the president announced, "And that's why we've hired Mr. Horvejkul here."

Tiffany didn't understand how this one new manager could change everything.

"If you're doubting his abilities," the president said, seeming psychic, "Nichkhun is what we call a hidden manager."

"Hidden manager?" Tiffany repeated.

"He works behind the scenes, while the manager that we show to the public is a different person," the president explained.

"You stay hidden?" Tiffany asked to Nichkhun.

"Yes, you see," Nichkhun began, "If a celebrity is caught with me, the public knows there is something wrong."

"Why?" Tiffany was curious.

"Mr. Nichkhun here is known to be one of the strictest idol managers. He's well known, so if other people, especially other celebrities, see him as your manager, it could be quite embarassing. For instance, they'll think you're just so troublesome that no other manager could handle you," the president concluded, "And that's why, you are to meet Nichkhun only at the company building."

"This is all so complicated," Tiffany complained.

"Because it is complicated, you two should get to work now," the president ended the conversation, "Nichkhun, please set up any public event for her. We need all the chances to change her image."

"Yes," Nichkhun nodded and motioned for Tiffany to follow him out. 

"I was told to go into one of these rooms," Nichkhun pointed to a hallway.

"Nobody goes there," Tiffany said smugly.

"Exactly," Nichkhun remarked.

They chose a small room with just two chairs and a desk. Tiffany was displeased with its shabby appearance, but Nichkhun went straight to work. He took out his smart phone.

"There's an opening for an MC position for a reality show. What do you think of it?" he asked her.

"That's second nature to me," Tiffany replied.

"Radio show host?" 

"Been there, done that."

"Street concert?"

"Did that two months ago."

"Appearing as a guest on a talk show?"

 "I hate doing that. I can MC, but there's no way I'll wait on a chair for hours hearing other people and their useless conversations."

"Okay, guest on talk show it is," Nichkhun finalized, rising up from his chair.

"Hey!" Tiffany snapped, but Nichkhun didn't listen to her, "Hello? Yah!"

Nichkhun raised a hand up.

"You're going to do it," he stated firmly.

He walked off without saying another word. 

"Ugh!" Tiffany grumbled. 

She stormed out of the room and dialed a number.

"Yuri?" she asked, "OMG, we've got to meet up."

Tiffany took out her car from the parking lot and slipped on a hat and dark shades. She drove to a small cafe well known amongst celebrities. 

Awaiting her at a small table inside was another girl who was just the same as Tiffany, Yuri Kwon, Tiffany's second cousin.

"Hey," Yuri greeted as Tiffany sat down in her seat. 

Tiffany lowered her shades a little. 

"Did you get strawberry?" Tiffany whispered, referring to the smoothie Yuri had bought her. 

"Yup," Yuri nodded and took a sip of her own strawberry smoothie, "So what did you want to talk about?"

"Okay, so Pres gave me some strict manager named Nichkhun---" Tiffany was interrupted when Yuri got all excited.

"Nichkhun Horvejkul?" she exclaimed. 

"Shut up!" Tiffany hissed at her. 

"He's so good looking!" Yuri fangirled, "Everyone knows about him and he's literally changed idols into different people!"

"Do you know who those idols are?" Tiffany asked quietly.

"No, LOL," Yuri laughed.

"Then how do you know if Nickhun isn't a fraud?" Tiffany said smugly.

"The idols' agencies have confirmed his capabilities, but since he's a hidden manager, there's no way to know which idols he was helping."

"What about the other members in the agencies? I heard it's embarrassing within the celebrity circles to be seen with him," Tiffany whispered. 

"Uh, how am I supposed to know?" Yuri scowled, "I'm not a famous girl like you."

Tiffany smiled pridefully and grabbed her smoothie, standing up.

"You're right," she sighed happily, "You're the best Yuri. You always make me feel awesome."

Yuri stood up as well.

"You're going somewhere too?" Tiffany asked with curiousity.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I am," she replied, "I have a date with my boyfriend in an hour."

The two girls linked arms and exited the cafe.

"How's Junho?" Yuri asked as she walked to her car.

"He's been good," Tiffany answered, "It's just that annoying Taeyeon. She's been hitting on my man lately."

"Be careful," Yuri warned as she got into the driver's seat, "It's Kim Taeyeon."

"I know!" Tiffany groaned.

"She's quite the catch," Yuri continued, "She's pretty, has that cute-Korean aura, and she's the thing these days after her drama."

"Are you seriously showering my enemy with compliments in my face?" Tiffany snapped. 

"Well," Yuri said, "That's not what I---"

Tiffany slammed the car door before she could finish.

"Gosh," Tiffany grumbled, walking over to her own car, "I thought she was my friend."

Tiffany drove up to the company building, only to find the same woman dressed in a suit waiting for her at the entrance. 

"Excuse me? Do you want something from me?" Tiffany asked in disgust, feeling this was a waste of her time.

"I was asked to you inside," the woman bowed her head.

"To where?" Tiffany demanded to know.

She was led into one of the company's private lounge rooms. Inside, Junho was waiting.

"Junho!" Tiffany squealed as the woman shut the door. 

"Hey," he greeted in a weak voice.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Tiffany asked, touching his face, "You sound so serious today."

"Yeah," Junho sat back down on the couch and patted the seat next to him.

Tiffany gladly sat beside him and leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Tiffany," Junho readjusted himself, so that Tiffany sat up straight.

"What?" Tiffany asked with eager eyes.

"I think it's best if we use some time off," Junho announced.

Tiffany felt as thought a bomb had been dropped on top of her and that her world was shattering into a million pieces. 

"What?" she was sent agape, "Why?"

Tiffany immediately burst into tears. 

"Hey, hey," Junho tried to comfort her, but Tiffany shoved him away.

"And here, I was, thinking you just wanted to see me because you missed me!" Tiffany cried, her mascara running down her face. 

"Tiffany---" Junho stood up to try to hug her.

"Get the hell away from me!" Tiffany screamed, "I can't believe this!"

The woman that had been her barged into the room and separated the two.

"Junho-ssi, I think it is best that you take your leave." she suggested.

Junho took one last worried glance at his ex and walked out of the room. Tiffany was still overwhelmed. As she saw Junho's figure walk out the door, she gave out one last outcry.

"Nobody dumps Tiffany! Junho! You jerk! I'm dumping you! I am! You hear me?"

The woman rolled her eyes.

"Let's bring you to your manager."

"What manager?" Tiffany sobbed. 

As the woman dragged Tiffany out of the room, the President and Nichkhun were watching from a distance on the other side of the hall.

"You have a lot of work cut out for you," the President joked.

"By far, she's the worst case I've seen," Nichkhun sighed, "No matter how badly behaved, not a single other idol has shown such a pitiful image."

The President snorted. 

"Nichkhun, with a break up for Tiffany, this is only the beginning."