Chapter One

Project Transformation

"I've got to get there on time! Do you know how important this interview is?" 

A slim, body-con figure sat in the back seat of the van, with her legs crossed. 

"There's traffic. We can't do anything about it," the driver explained, "We still have two hours."

"It takes two hours to get hair and makeup done, stupid!" 

The woman fiercely took off her sunglasses. 

"I'm Tiffany Hwang! I can't show up late to these kind of things!" 

"Yes, Miss. Tiffany," the driver mumbled. 

Her manager sat in the seat next to her. 

"I've contacted the station. They said it's half an hour max."

"Unni!" Tiffany shouted, "What can I do in half an hour?" 

"It's the rules. And it's not my fault that we departed later than we planned."

"Excuse me?" Tiffany flipped her hair over her shoulder, "I told you to clean my room! And when I woke up, it was still dirty!"

"Your room. Your responsibility. What manager cleans up her idol's room?" her manager Unni lifted her hands up in the air.

"I know alot of idols who have their managers do anything!" Tiffany pouted.

"Who? Who?" her manager nagged, "Who? Kim Taeyeon?" 

Tiffany slouched in her seat.

"Don't even mention her."

"Her case is different. Her manager is willing to do anything for her because she is nice. There is a great difference," her manager stated.

"Are you calling me mean?" Tiffany was taken aback, "I'm Tiffany Hwa---"

The driver took a sharp right turn, making Tiffany hit her head hard on the window.

"Gah!" she screamed.

"I'm sorry!" the driver looked up at the rear view mirrior, "A car just shot out of nowhere. I think our van might be dented."

"Aish!" Tiffany started to have a tantrum, "We're already late! Where'd you learn how to drive?" 

"You don't even have a license yet," her manager muttered.

"What?" Tiffany threw her sunglasses on the floor, "What?" 

There was a knock on the driver's window. The driver opened the window and TIffany quickly grabbed her sunglasses to hide her identity. 

"Hi," a deep voice said. 

It was a man. 

"I'm afraid I dented your car," he said.

"Yes, I'm quite aware," Tiffany's driver grumbled. 

"I'm actually in quite a rush," the man stated, "So can I just give you my business card? Of course, I'll pay for the repair and damage, but I don't have time right now."

"Ah..." the driver glanced back at Tiffany's manager.

"I heard someone screaming as well," the man added, "I hope I didn't scare your child too much."

"Ch-ch-child?" Tiffany repeated.

Her manager had to cover to keep from laughing. 

"Ah-ha," the driver nodded and snatched the business card from him.

"Then have a nice day, sir," the man responded and walked away. 

Tiffany's driver hastily closed the window and started the engine.

"Wait," Tiffany ordered.

"Are you kidding me?" her manager Unni yelled, "You're the one who didn't want to be late!"

"No one gets away with insulting me!" Tiffany declared and was about to open the van door, when her phone rang. 

Her manager peered over at the caller ID.

"It's Junho," she said smugly. 

Tiffany's hand gently let go of the door handle.

"Let's just go then," she said with her bottom lip hanging out.

She excitedly picked up the phone and put it on speaker.

"Hey," she greeted.

"Hey," a sweet voice replied back, "Are you at the radio station yet? Broadcasting starts soon. I was really happy that we could be together like this. Don't be late, okay?"

"I'm sorry," Tiffany said dreamily, "It's just that my manager was slow this morning."

Her manager rolled her eyes.

"Uh-huh," Tiffany nodded, "I know. It's hard to work with incompetent people."

"Don't judge," Junho corrected her, "You don't know what they might be going through."

Her manager nodded in agreement furiously, only to receive a killer glare from Tiffany. 

"Junho-ssi!" 

A sudden high pitched voice cried out from the other line.

"Hey! Who's that?" Tiffany demanded.

"Oh, we're not the only guests at this event," Junho explained, "Kim Taeyeon is here too. Hey, I've got to go. See you."

He hung up without Tiffany saying anything.

"Kim Taeyeon is coming too?" Tiffany slowly turned towards her manager, "And you didnt' tell me?"

"There was no way you would've come if you knew she was also going to be there, so I just said Junho was going," her manager explained, "And President demanded that you go to this event!"

"Ugh!" Tiffany felt like she going to rip out her hair, "I don't want to go!"

"So you're just going to leave Junho and Taeyeon alone?" her manager challenged.

"I---" 

Tiffany had to think for a moment. She slouched in her chair again.

"Fine. But hurry up!" 

Once they finally arrived at the broadcasting station, Tiffany stepped out of the van first. 

"It's Tiffany!" a crowd swarmed around her and cameras flashed everywhere.

"Ah, hello everyone!" Tiffany took of her sunglasses and waved at her fans. 

"Ah!" a group of guys shouted.

Tiffany nodded and made her way to the building. Once the noise died out inside, she let her hand out, eyeing her manager.

"I got it, don't worry," her manager sighed and gave her a cappaccino.

Tiffany took a sip. 

"Come on. We're already late."

The first destination was hair and makeup.

"Hi!" Tiffany smiled fakely and all the stylists knew it, but played along.

"Hi Tiffany!" a hairdresser approached her first, "Let's get started on your hair."

"I suppose," Tiffany dropped her bag on the floor for her manager to retrieve. 

Her manager and the hairdresser exchanged exhausting looks. 

Tiffany sat in her chair, but could not remain comfortable when she realized Taeyeon and Junho had entered the room together. 

"Oppa!" Tiffany said cutely and ran over in her heels to embrace him.

Junho opened his arms and lightly patted her back.

"You came," he smiled warmly.

"Yeah, of course I did," Tiffany pinched his cheeks. 

She glanced over at Taeyeon. 

"Hi, Tiffany. Really, long time no see," she greeted.

Tiffany cleared .

"Yeah. Good job wrapping up your drama," she sighed.

"Thank you! You watched it?" Taeyeon asked enthusiastically.

Tiffany dropped her arms from Junho's neck and started to walk back.

"Nope, I was too busy."

Taeyeon's hopes dropped.

"Please understand her," Junho comforted, "She's really stressed out these days."

"Oh," Taeyeon acknowledged, "I see. Yeah, all stars have those times."

Tiffany narrowed her eyes at the reflection of them in her mirror.

"Make me pretty," she ordered the hair dresser.

"Absolutely," she replied submissively.

It took at least an hour to get hair and makeup done, and Tiffany was escorted to the dressing room to pick out her outfit.

"I want something that makes me look best," she said bluntly to the fashion coordinator. 

"Yes, yes," he answered in a sassy voice, "Come now. I've got it all set."

He walked her over to a pair of clothes neatly folded on a table.

"Please, if you may," he politely gestured. 

Tiffany took the clothes and quickly changed into them. She checked herself out in the mirror.

"Seems good," she said quietly, trying to not show her satisfaction.

   <-- her outfit 

She came out into the radio station only to find Taeyeon and Junho deeply engaged in a conversation. If it was just the three of them, she obviously would've shoved Taeyeon out of the way, but she was in public. She obediently sat in between Junho and the radio show host.

"We'll start airing, alright?" the radio show host said. 

All three of the stars nodded.

"Hello! And good morning everyone! Thanks for tuning into Curious Idol where fans from all over the world can ask their own questions our idol guests. Today we have three very imporant people today, so let's listen for introductions."

"Hi, what's up guys? I am Kim Taeyeon," Taeyeon started.

"Hey, it's Lee Junho."

"Hi everyone. Hope you're all doing well. It's Tiffany Hwang."

"And last but not least," the radio show host joked, "As you may all know, I am Kim Lee Jung, the host. Ah, so why don't you tell us who you've been doing lately. I know for Taeyeon, you just finished shooting a drama?" 

"Yes," Taeyeon replied, "And it was so much fun. It was also nerve wracking since it was my first professional acting experience, but everyone---the staff and all my costars took care of me well."

"No matter how many times you say it's your first drama, I think viewers will have a hard time believing that. You did so well and the drama was extremely successful," Lee Jung complimented.

"Ah, thank you! I just put in the best effort, but the legendary person in the acting business, isn't me. It's probably Junho-ssi," Taeyeon stated.

"Ah, that's right! Junho-ssi, you've been famous since you were very young?"

"Yeah, I started acting when I was seven. I had a small part in a movie, as one of the orphan children, but somehow my agency now noticed me and I was scouted."

"How has the famous life been treating you?"

"I really enjoy it because just the fact that I have so many fans always supporting me, is just so incredible," he smiled.

"And how was your love life been going, although I bet many of your female fans were devastated," the host hinted at Tiffany.

"Haha," Junho laughed, "Yes, I'm doing well with my relationship. We had dinner two days ago."

"Is that so?" the host turned to Tiffany, "Let's start with the first question, since it has to do with your relationship. Tiffany, Mira from Malaysia asks, How did you and Junho meet?"

"How did we meet?" Tiffany smiled, "It was the company of course, and I was actually in a very unflattering state."

"Oh?" 

"She was actually with me, when she first met him," Taeyeon butted in much to Tiffany's dismay.

"She was?" the host was very intruiged.

"I was helping her that day, because she was really sick. Her hair was all tied up in a messy bun and she had dark circles from not getting enough sleep," Taeyeon explained, "And she was wearing a mask too. I was out in the hallway, getting some water for her, when I noticed Junho passing by and I simply greeted him, but Tiffany came out and her appearance I guess caught his attention.

"Her appearance?" the host laughed.

"Ah, by that," Junho quickly said, "I was surprised that someone who looked that sick even came to work that day. Most people choose to stay home, but that's when I realized how devoted she was."

He looked over at her lovingly.

"Yeah, Junho always makes me seem better than I really am," Tiffany joked.

"I see, that's quite wonderful," the host changed the topic,"Well, we wish the best of luck to you two. Now, Junho, here's a question from Abby from the UK. If you could had to choose another occupation, what would it be?"

"Oh, that's easy," Junho replied, "A photographer."

"Interesting."

"I always loved taking pictures. In school, I was in charge of the yearbook pictures. It's just so cool to capture so many memories with one device, and each picture can be interpreted differently," Junho answered passionately.

"From what I've heard of, Taeyeon-ssi, a relative of yours is a famous photographer? I've heard he does photoshoots for a lot of stars."

"Oh, my uncle," Taeyeon replied, "Yes."

"Really?" Junho was surprised, "I never knew."

"You can stop by anytime," Taeyeon invited, "His work place isn't far from where you live."

"You know where Junho's house is?" the host was shocked.

Tiffany grew angrier by the minute and her manager Unni, who was standing outside of the broadcasting room could tell.

"Oh, I hope I didnt' cause any scandals," Taeyeon laughed, "You see, we live in the same apartment complex."

"Since when?" Tiffany asked abruptly, "I never knew about this."

The atmosphere got awkward.

"Haha!" Junho laughed loudly, "Look at Tiffany, here. She always tries to make jokes, but she can't get rid of her serious tone."

The host and Taeyeon played along.

"Next question is for Taeyeon-ssi. What is the story of your first love?" 

"My first love?" Taeyeon repeated.

"Yes."

"I never had one," she gave a surprising answer.

"You haven't? How is that possible?"

"I just never have really liked someone to the point where I considered them my 'love'," Taeyeon explained.

"I see," the host shook her head, "Alright, we need to get a different question then. How about...what was your happiest moment?"

"My happiest moment was when I heard the news that I got accepted into the company," Taeyeon responded, "Because that was the start of my dreams."

"Also, how have you----"

"Do I have a question?" Tiffany interrupted.

The room was dead silent.

"Oh, I'm sorry," the host said nervously, "Um, here is a question from Brenny who also lives in the UK. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?"

"Change..." Tiffany said, "I would want to be taller."

"That's cool," the host tried to sound enthusiastic, "So, Junho-ssi..."

Junho and Taeyeon did most of the speaking. Tiffany just sat there, sipping on her cappaccino. After the broadcasting was over, the host shook hands with everyone. She walked over to Tiffany, but Tiffany lifted her chin high and strutted out of the room.

"Stress," Junho tried to explain, but the host didn't buy it.

"Why did we even invite her again?" the host asked her boss.

"The president of her company begged us," the boss answered.

"I was gonna say. She got no questions. I had to make them up," Lee Jung said.

"Really?" her boss was shocked.

"Of course. What more is there to know about that brat? But the person I don't understand even more, is Junho."

Tiffany's manager Unni was waiting for her.

"President wants to see you."

"Why?" she snapped angrily and whizzed past her manager.

"Hey, Tiffany," her manager touched Tiffany's arm.

"Agh!" Tiffany shouted and accidentally let go her hot cappaccino. 

Her manager fell onto the ground and the burning coffee splashed onto her face.

"Ah!" she screamed.

Tiffany was so shocked, she didn't know what to do.

"Somebody! Somebody help! She spilled coffee on herself!"

"What?" her manager was in disbelief.

"At least I'm trying to help you," Tiffany muttered under her breath and got the staff to quickly usher her to safety.

"Tiffany," Junho appeared, "What happened?" 

"Unni spilled hot coffee on herself," Tiffany explained, "I feel so bad, but the President demands that I go see him right now."

"You must be overwhelmed," Junho massaged her shoulders, "I'll take you there."

Junho put his arm around her and they stepped outside. Papparazzi and fans surrounded them.

"Can you explain why someone just came out injured?' 

"Why are you two together?"

"Tiffany-ssi, wasn't that your manager? Why aren't you with her?"

"Come on," Junho opened his car door for her.

"Will you please answer us?"

"Pose for a couple photo!"

Junho waved at them and quickly rushed into his car. He held Tiffany's hand and started the engine. On their way to the company, Tiffany brought up Taeyeon.

"You seemed close with Taeyeon," Tiffany mentioned sharply.

"She's my next door neighbor," Junho explained, "You don't have to get all defensive. There are only two women I let into my house: You and my mom."

"Yeah, but still," Tiffany pouted, "She's such a fox, that Taeyeon. Let me see your phone."

"My phone?" Junho put his hand in his pocket and gave his Galaxy S5 to her. 

She looked at his lock screen.

"Good. It's still me."

   <--- Junho's lock screen

She gave it back and Junho grinned.

"You're cute."

"I know," Tiffany batted her eyelashes. 

He stopped the car at the front entrance of LGL Entertainment.

"You're not coming with me?"

"Nah," Junho said, "I've got a next appointment. I have a magazine interview."

"Oh, okay. Good luck," Tiffany smiled and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, "Bye bye."

"Bye," Junho smiled at her and left only after he saw her go in.

A lady in a suit was waiting for her.

"President asked me to you," she bowed her head.

"Okay," Tiffany said.

LGL's president was known for being eccentric. His office room was painted with bright colors and he had a shelf of just different tea cups from around the world. 

"Tiffany," he greeted, sitting in his massive chair, "Please, sit."

"Yes?" she answered, in a rude tone.

"I'm going to read you something," the President smiled suspiciously and stared at his computer screen.

"Okay then," Tiffany sighed.

"She is so rude. She doesn't know proper ettiquette. She's not even that talented, so it's a waste for her to go out with Junho," the President continued, "She's not pretty at all. Taeyeon is way better---"

"Stop!" Tiffany got up from her seat, "What's your point? Tell me now."

"This is what the public thinks of you," the president said, keeping his calm composure, "Do you want me to read the hurtful comments already piling up online from your radio station interview today?"

"No!" Tiffany shouted at him.

"You have to fix your attitude," the president stated, "And at the very least, in public. You're a celebrity. What the public thinks of you is how you earn money. Judging by those comments, you're not getting any money. I had to plead that radio station to take you in. You haven't had any endorsements lately."

"That's the company's fault," Tiffany pouted.

"Junho is in the same company as us," the president said, "And look at how successful he is."

"So what?" Tiffany groaned, "What do I do?"

"You're going to be trained," the president said slyly.

"Trained?" 

"Yup," the president nodded, "And I've hired someone else to watch over you."

"But I have Unni."

"She called it quits this morning before you went to the interview."

"So that's why she was able to talk back to me..." Tiffany muttered to herself. 

"His name is Nichkhun," the president introduced.

"Nichkhun? You hired me a foreigner?" Tiffany asked.

"He speaks fluent Korean, English, and Thai," the president described, "He's quite the capable one."

There was a knock at the door.

"Ah, that must be him."

Tiffany turned around. 

"Please, do come in!" the president called.

The door opened and a tall, young man walked into the room. He had a fair complexion and brown hair. He bowed his head to the president.

"Pleasure to meet you, President."

"Please, don't be so formal," the president laughed, "Ah, Tiffany, he will be your new manager."

"M-manager?" Tiffany stuttered. 

"Yes," the president confirmed.

Nichkhun let out his hand for a shake.

"Nichkhun Horvejkul," he introduced himself.

Tiffany nervously accepted his shake.

"Tiffany...Hwang."

Tiffany looked up at him and she could tell from his eyes that he was a person exactly opposite from her. 

His eyes just said: 

Don't mess with me.