12:00 Trapped.

Edge of You and Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai had been ready to go along with whatever demonstration they wanted to show him. After, he would’ve politely declined the offer to join again and gone back to his own squad. But the moment fire sprouted from Chanyeol’s hands and water gathered around Suho’s outstretched arms, Kai panicked.

He didn’t scream or take off running. He was better trained than that. He simply thought ‘ this’ and suddenly he was outside the warehouse, the sun beating down on him.

He had teleported outside.

Teleported.

As in gone from one place and landed in another place in the blink of an eye.

“!” Kai slams his hand on the Jeep’s steering wheel and tries not to think of what he did fifteen minutes ago. He pushes harder on the pedal and races back to base. He needs to speak to General Wu. If what the captain said is true and the military has been experimenting with mimic blood, then they must have a cure for this…whatever it is that he has.

Kai signed up to be a soldier, not a mutant superhero. He likes to be in the field with hundreds of others, knowing he’s insignificant, but powerful at the same time. He can rally others in the field, he saves lives and protects those around him. But if he’s in XO, he’ll have to leave all of that behind. They’re basically ghost assassins who work to eliminate a single target—the omega—and while Kai understands their mission, he doesn’t think it’s his mission.

He’s so troubled by the last hour’s events that he doesn’t notice the soldier standing in the middle of the road until the last second. Kai grabs the wheel and swerves hard to the side. He checks the rearview mirror but the road is empty.

“What the was that?”

In front of him, dust and debris start to circle and spin. Thin funnels drop from the sky right in the middle of his path.

“What the is that!”

There’s no way to avoid the twisters. The Jeep slides hard and stops in a screech of breaks and gravel. He grabs the stick and puts it in reverse, but before he presses the pedal, a strong gust of wind crashes against the Jeep’s side.

Kai holds on tight to the wheel as the Jeep is battered from all sides, even lifting up on two wheels with a particularly hard buffet of wind. As soon as it starts, the whole thing stops, the funnels disappearing into the sky.

He unbuckles and presses a hand against his chest where the belt dug in. “Ugh. What the—”

“Hello.”

Kai jumps.

The soldier named Sehun leans on the Jeep’s door. His bored expression seems to be the norm, but Kai can hear the glee in his next words, “Going somewhere?”

“H-how did you—”

“—get here so fast?” Sehun asks. “If you’d stayed around to see my power, you would know.”

Kai keeps his face blank and reaches for the ignition, but as his fingers brush the keys, a gust of wind throws him across the front seats. The driver-side door opens with a blast of air and he’s pulled out by his boots. He hits the ground with a huff, but recovers quickly by rolling around and rising to a defensive crouch.

Sehun stands som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter