Chapter 14

Does He Know? (In the process of Proofreading)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*

They did not talk on the way home. They settled on listening to music, which Jongin enjoyed a lot cause he heard Kyungsoo humming the songs.

He knew that Kyungsoo has a wonderful voice. He will not be a part of their choir in school if he does not.

Jongin was feeling excited for some reason. Maybe because it's something that involves the figure sitting beside him. Kyungsoo was good looking. His side profile is cute and the way his bangs cover most of his forehead was adorable. His thick eyebrows were peeking under the bangs and that added to his good looks. Jongin was observing Kyungsoo from time to time. He noticed he keeps on playing with his thumbs, drumming on his knees while he was singing. His delicate digits were short and Jongin was wondering how it would feel if it contacted him.

 

They made it to Minjin's house without having an awkward tension between them. It was still a mystery for both teens on why they feel comfortable with each other when they barely talk and know one another. Though they did not talk or say anything during the ride, the atmosphere was good.

 

"Thanks." Kyungsoo said as he unbuckled his seatbelt and got out the passenger seat.

 

Jongin followed and hopped out and stood outside his car as he watched Kyungsoo entering the house.

 

As the smaller one opened it, the door suddenly opened by the person inside before he could do so.

 

"Oh. You're here." Minjin smiled at Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo nodded acknowledging his cousin's presence. His cousin was still wearing outside clothes. Kyungsoo guessed she just came back from China for her business trip.

 

"Is that Jongin?" Minjin beamed at the boy who was standing still beside his car.

 

When the said boy heard Minjin mentioned his name, he went closer and bowed.

 

"How are you, miss Kang."

 

"I'm good. Thanks. And please, call me noona Jongin." She taps Jongin's shoulder while smiling. "Good to see both of you getting along. I've been away for two days and look at the two of you." Minjin chuckled. "And thanks for driving Kyungsoo home, Jongin. This boy doesn't want the driver to send him to school and pick him up. He prefers riding a bus alone." She chuckled again all to herself and Jongin smiled awkwardly while Kyungsoo stood there with no reaction. But inside his mind, he was swearing.

But he let Jin drive him. Jongin said internally.

 

"I will do that from now on Miss- I mean noona." Jongin said shyly while rubbing his nape.

 

Kyungsoo's eyebrows furrowed at the statement of the younger. He did not agree on this. Why did Jongin say that without asking him first?

Why, you don't like it? His subconscious asked him. Then he fell quiet because yes, he didn't like it. He loved it.

 

Minjin clapped her hand one time and clasped it together while beaming at Jongin. "That is so thoughtful of you Jongin. That would be great. You can spend time together. Right Soo?" He looked at Kyungsoo who was silently standing there on his spot.

 

All he could do was nod. What? He cannot disagree with Minjin.

 

"Oh. come inside Jongin. Join us for dinner." Minjin offered. She noticed that they're still at the front of the doorstep.

 

She opened it widely and went inside.

 

"It's okay noona. Grandpa is expecting me to come to his house and have dinner with him. I'm sorry. Maybe next time." Jongin bowed in apology.

 

"Is that so? Okay. Just visit Kyungsoo here anytime you want okay?" Minjin said nonchalantly without thinking what she just said.

 

The mentioned boy blushed at his cousin's bold statement. Was he some kind of a damsel in distress waiting for a prince to save him? And wow. Jongin just got the VIP pass to visit him anytime. It was great, wasn't it? 

 

"Ah yes noona." He nodded and smiled shyly. "I'll pick him up tomorrow." He said cautiously because it was getting awkward. "I'll get going now." He bowed once more.

 

"Okay. Be careful on the road."

 

"Thank you."

 

Minjin went inside the house and left the two boys at the front door.

 

Once she was nowhere in sight Kyungsoo spoke up for the first time,

"Thanks again. Bye." It was short. He turned to his heel and went inside.

 

"Wait!" Jongin stopped him before he could close the door.

 

Kyungsoo stared at him. Waiting for what he has to say.

 

"Ummm. I'll pick you up tomorrow."

 

"Yeah. I heard."

"See you?"

"Mmm.'

"Sorry if I decided it on my own. I was just thinking that it would be better for us to be more closer so that it'll help us figure things out. I know it confuses you and you were right awhile ago, I am too but if you think that by picking you up to school was a bad idea, you can just tell me."

 

"I did not say I don't like it." Kyungsoo's face marred in pink at that confession.

 

Jongin noticed it and smiled. It's cute.

 

"Okay. If you say so." He can't keep his face from grinning. He was just happy.

 

Kyungsoo blushed harder cause Jongin standing in front of him plus smiling to him was so hard to keep himself from blushing. And it's embarrassing. So what he did was unexpected for both of them.

 

He slammed the door shut so hard. It was not intentional. It was just a reflex to keep Jongin seeing him in his blushing state.

Jongin couldn't care less. He knew that Kyungsoo was just shy and he didn't want to create an awkward feeling between them. He wants Kyungsoo to be comfortable with him and do the same with the older boy.

He didn't notice that he was skipping while walking to his car and driving home.

*

The next day, Kyungsoo woke up a little extra early to prepare for school. He kinda, sorta, was excited for Jongin to pick him up later.

It still seemed not real for him that it was happening, but he left that thought away and enjoyed his time with Jongin.

 

He did nothing but do his regular thing everyday. He took a shower, brushed his teeth, and got dressed for school. What he had a problem was... how to style his hair.

He didn't have a problem with it before, but that time was different. He wanted to look good in front of Jongin. He knew that he looks plain with just his uniform but he wants to style his hair because maybe it will give him a new look. 

 

He got tired of what hairstyle he'll wear so he settled to just let it flow naturally with his bangs covering his forehead a little.

 

After he was satisfied with how he looked, he grabbed his things and went downstairs to have his breakfast. He still has time to eat something. The cook in the house always prepares delicious foods so that excites him a little.

 

As he was getting closer to the kitchen door, he heard his noona talking to someone. He heard laughter, and obviously that was Minjin and someone who he doesn't know.

 

He went inside and saw that it was Jongin who Minjin was talking to. Both of them turned their heads around his way and looked at him.

"There he is. Morning princess, your prince is here to pick you up." Minjin greeted as she stood up from her chair laughing.

 

She was having her morning coffee with Jongin who had an orange juice in hand.

Kyungsoo raised his eyebrow in confusion because of how Minjin was acting. Is she high? Kyungsoo thought. And what's with the princess. The last time Kyungsoo remembered him was a boy. And still is.

 

"I'm going to my office to finish my work. Kyungsoo have your breakfast and join this pretty boy." She chuckled and went off.

 

One of the maid giggled at Minjin's attitude and Kyungsoo frowned at his cousin.

 

"Morning." Jongin greeted as he sipped his juice from the glass and gave Kyungsoo a careful, shy smile.

 

"hmm." Kyungsoo muttered softly as he sat on the chair in front of Jongin.

 

"You're early." Kyungsoo stated without looking at the younger. He knew that Jongin was staring at him and he didn't want to meet his gaze. He was just shy and there was no other reason. 

 

"Yeah, Don't want to make my fiancé wait." Jongin chuckled a little. He found it funny on how Kyungsoo's facial expression changes every time he said that word. His cheeks will flushed pink and he enjoys the view.

"Stop with that Jongin. It's too early for you to fool around." He said in a serious voice. He tried so hard not to falter or give any reaction to the younger.

 

He poked his baby potatoes with his fork that was prepared by one of the maids and ate it. He ate his breakfast silent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter