The Right Person

The Right Person - Jin

Letting a deep breath escape your lips once you pushed open the classroom door and let your hand fall from the door once you walked through, the door closed quietly as your sneakers scuffed lightly across the floor. Making your way outside, you ran your fingers through your hair as the light breeze caught it and lightly kissed your face. A small smile appeared at the gentle touch of the wind yet the weight of your school work soon replaced your smile with a small frown.

Twirling your hair around your fingers while you tried hard to figure out which assignment you should do first, you stared down at the concrete right in front of your feet. Nibbling on your bottom lip, you figured out a plan for your homework once you get home.

Walking out of his own class, your best friend noticed you and your slow pace. A smile curled on his face, pulling over the other shoulder strap of his backpack, he called out your name loudly as he followed you. Calling out your name louder and louder each time, he didn’t know if you had your music in, so he jogged up behind you and covered your eyes with his hands.

"Guess who" He tried to disguise his voice so that you wouldn’t know that it was him.

"Jin please, I’m not in the mood to play today" You sighed and pulled his hands off of your eyes before you continued walking. Tilting his head to one side, he furrowed his eyebrows slightly in confusion.

"Hey ______" Jin trotted back up to you as he stood in front of you with both of his hands on your shoulders to keep you from moving from him now, "______, are you okay? Feeling sick?"

Jin lifted up one of his hands and pressed it on your forehead as you shook off his hand and pushed his hands off of your shoulders.

"Please Jin, just leave me alone" You walked around him before he grabbed your wrist and turned you around.

"Did I do something wrong? Did someone else hurt you?" Jin’s eyes were filled with concern and confusion as you tried hard to keep your feelings away from him.

"Please…" You pleaded quietly as you tried to take your wrist away from his, "Jin…"

"Please tell me, what is going on?" Jin’s eyes searched yours for answers. Dropping your eyes, you your bottom lip gently as you stopped fighting his hand that was wrapped around your wrist.

"I’m just so stressed, I don’t know if I can get everything done, so please, just leave me alone so I can get some work done" You told him the truth, nodding his head, he let his hand slowly unwrap from yours.

Just about when you were going to turn around and head home, you felt his body against yours, his arms wrapped around you tightly as your head was perfectly against his shoulder. Feeling your heart beating faster than before, you wrapped your arms around him and held him tightly, your fingers gripping his vest as you closed your eyes while you took in his scent.

"Come take a little break with me, just for the day, please" Jin pleaded quietly against your hair as his hands rubbed your back gently.

"What do you have in mind?" You whispered against his shoulder as he pulled away a little, taking your answer as a ‘yes’.

"Something that you will like" Jin beamed and ruffled your hair as he let you go from your friendly hug.

"How can you be sure that I will like it?" You questioned, folding your arms over yourself.

"Do you trust me?" Jin chuckled under his breath as you nodded, "Then I promise you won’t be disappointed."

The two of you started to run off campus, holding each others hands as he brought you to a bike rental just a block a two from  the college campus. Getting on the bike, he held it steady as you sat on the back and wrapped your arms around his torso.

Taking off, he went fast but made sure that you were having fun as he biked through the park. Passing by the couples, pets, and cute kids playing beside the most beautiful river in the city, you couldn’t help but feel a little bit more relaxed with the little field trip that the two of you took together. Making a full circle and going back around to the bike rental place, Jin dismounted and helped you off. Paying for it, he smiled and took your hand once more and pulled you along back into the city. Crossing the street and playing silly little games with you to get you to smile and laugh. Both of you found yourselves in front of a cute little pet shop.

"What are we doing here, Jin?" You question softly as he was too busy moving his finger across the glass while the little kittens were trying to capture his finger through the glass. "Jin?"

"O-Oh, I thought that you could relax a little if we saw some cute things to make you smile." Jin rubbed the back of his neck with his other hand.

"Come on, let’s go see if we can’t play with a puppy or kitty" You pulled on his hand a little. Giggling, he pulled the door open for you, the puppies yelped happily as the bell jingled.

Scanning your eyes around the shop, you saw all of the animals in the cages while some slept meanwhile others played happily trying to pass the time.

"Hello, let me know if I can help you two with anything" A lady smiled as you nodded and started to make your way around the shop. Petting as many soft animals as you could, you couldn’t keep the smile from your face as you fed some bunnies their food and watched the sleeping puppies.

After a while of staying in the shop, you waved to all of your new friends and the store clerk before heading back outside.

"What are we going to do now?" You questioned, slightly bouncing on your toes as you stood beside Jin.

"Follow me" He smiled at you before the two of you skipped down the street, happily entering another shop, he paid for two matching treats that he knew were your favorite and handed one to you. "Hopefully I am making your day a little sweeter."

"So much sweeter" You smiled and took one of the treats from his hands before you started munching on it.

Playing around at the park before you two headed home as it started to get dark, the two of you walked slowly together from your eventful afternoon.

"Jin…" You stopped in front of the doors of your dorm and turned towards him, "I’m sorry for before, I was rude to you. Will you forgive me?"

"Of course I will, we all have our bad moments" He smiled and laced your fingers through his, "It just takes the right person to help you feel just a little bit better."

"Can I tell you something?" You looked down at your intertwined hands

"Sure, anything you want" He brushes your fingers with his thumb

"Today you were really adorable, and honestly I have had a crush on you for a long time, but I want to tell you that… I-I really l-l-like you." You started to pull away already foretelling rejection.

"Really?" He questioned, looking at you with warm, big eyes, "I was so nervous that you didn’t like me the same way I like you." He chuckled nervously.

"I really like you too" He moved closer to you as your eyes lifted up to his, "Today just made me fall for you more. Every time that I am around you, I fall a little more for you."

"S-S-So what does this mean?" You questioned not knowing what to do now, if you should go back to being friends or if you should pursue your feelings for him. Before you could second guess yourself, you saw Jin kneeling down on one knee with a stray flower between his fingers.

”_______, I can’t live without you, will you be my girlfriend so I can fall more in love with my best friend?” Jin quietly proposed as you stood there in shock. Your mind wiped blank before your heart beat faster, nodding your head, tears filled your eyes as you wrapped your arms around his neck.

"I thought you would never ask" You whispered as you held him tighter

"Sorry I took so long. I was waiting for the right moment." He wrapped both of his arms around you as he stood up with you and lifted you from the ground.

"Every moment with you is the right moment" You whispered before you felt his soft lips against your cheek.

"Do you want to go watch the stars on the big hill behind the campus with me?" Jin quietly asked as he carefully placed you down on the ground. Nodding your head with a smile, you went into your place to get a blanket or two.

Stashing both of your school bags back in your dorm, the two of you headed out to the big hill and laid out a blanket before the two of you laid down and watched the twinkling stars above your head. Jin’s arms wrapped around you and you placed your head on his shoulder, his hand gently rubbed your arm as he rested his head against yours.

"J-Jin… what… if… I… f-fall… asweep?" You questioned while your eyes stared to close, your words slurring together.

"Then I will protect you and wish that you are dreaming of me" Jin whispered, tucking some hair behind your ear as he watched you fall asleep.

Taking another blanket, he pulled it over the two of you and kissed the top of your head as he knew that you were already fast asleep. Watching you for a moment or two longer, he wrapped both arms around you before, he too, joined you in dream land.