Let's Have Something Sweet

Let's Have Something Sweet

There was a beep from his nightstand.

"[1 New Message from Kim Jongidiot]"

Zitao took a moment to admire his phone nickname for Jongin before deciding he was absolutely right. It was 2 in the damn morning. He rubbed his eyes, cursing in his head; weren't his dark circles dark enough?

Kim Jongidiot: dude i made a tumblr

Zitao's fingers flew to reply.

why do i care

Kim Jongidiot: well what do i do now

get yourself some followers

Kim Jongidiot: teach me how

ooh, i see how it is. finally admitting ur jealous of me? ;)


Kim Jongidiot: im not jealous i just kinda want 15k followers like u

Zitao's selca game was pretty damn strong. 

why would i help u?

Kim Jongidiot: because im your best friend and u love me? :*

Zitao sighed. u and ur virtual aegyo. gdi fine come over tomorrow and i'll teach you all about the great and powerful world of tumblr

Kim Jongidiot: tomorrow as in tomorrow, or tomorrow as in... today?

today u bastard now go to sleep or i will end u


Kim Jongidiot: yessir saranghae o3o

i hate u









"What's a reblog?"

"You're such a noob. This is the button that will build your entire tumblr rep. Use it wisely."

"So, I shouldn't use it?"

"No, you use is all the freaking time, you idiot," Zitao's patience was already dwindling and it'd only been about 11 minutes and 17 seconds since he'd arrived at Jongin's apartment. "Reblog whatever you want. Just don't do anything stupid."

"That's not very helpful," Jongin looked up from his desk chair at Zitao, standing over him. 

Zitao scrolled through Jongin's dash, making little edits here and there. Followed the blog that posted that band Jongin liked, that other famous tumblr user (other than himself, of course), adjusted his settings, opened his ask box. He went to Jongin's ask box to delete the automatic message from tumblrbot and froze. "I thought you said you made this tumblr, like, this morning." If one could call that ungodly hour "morning".

"Well, no. I made it a couple days ago. I got bored after my shift at the bakery. Just had no idea what to do with it."

"And you already have messages from someone?" Zitao's eyes read over the fanmail letter from this mysterious user. It was rather lengthy and he didn't bother to scroll to the end. 

"Yeah, he liked the same band as me so I asked for his bias, and name, and stuff." Jongin shrugged. "Isn't that normal?"

"I wouldn't just ask a stranger for his name."

"But that's how you met that guy Kris. I bet that's not even his real name."

True. Zitao couldn't deny that. But he could, however, deny the second part. "Okay, for your information, his real name is Wu Yi Fan and he's gorgeous."

Jongin snorted. "Better looking than you."

"Tell that to my fifteen thousand followers."

"One day. I swear to god, one day." 

Zitao started editing Jongin's theme (god, start-up themes are so ugly, he thought to himself), waving away Jongin's drama. "What's his name?"

"He told me to call him 'di-oh'."

Zitao threw his hands in the air in exasperation, giving his head a toss to get his blond bangs out of his eyes. "This is tumblr. Of all the new names he could give himself, he thought a Yu Gi Oh parody was the best option?" Zitao himself went by "Taozi" on his blog. It was close to his name, but not too close, still cute, and went well with his personality. Perfect.

"Hey. It's not like that, it had something to do with his last name or something okay? Just... shut up."

"Whatever."

"He's really nice," Jongin went on to defend his friend. Or at least, he hoped they were friends. Could you call someone you'd only messaged a couple times a friend? It felt like it.

"There are better places to find love, Jongin. Like eharmony."

Jongin punched Zitao on the arm. "I don't want your help anymore. Get out."

Zitao rubbed his arm. "I would," he sang, "but --"

The doorbell rang.

"--lunch is here."

Zitao gave a sly smile before strutting off to answer the door to some handsome, young, part-timer with a name tag that read "BaekHyun". Jongin logged out and swore that one day, he would bring down Zitao's amazing luck and that smug look off his stupid face. His stupid, fifteen-thousand follower face. 

But for now, a large mushroom pizza was calling for him. Damn Zitao and his vegetarian ways.








"What the hell are you doing, Jongin?" Zitao muttered under his breath as he glanced at Jongin next to him. The professor was going on about some theorem, not that either of them were listening. But Jongin...

"Is that tumblr?" Zitao tried to reach over and turn off Jongin's iPhone.

"Stop that!" Jongin whispered loudly through his teeth. "I'm busy."

"Dude, you can blog after school." Zitao his hand forward, aiming for the power button. Jongin slapped his hand away.

"No, I'm messaging someone."

"On tumblr?" Zitao sat up suddenly; the teacher was looking his way.

"Yeah. Di Oh."

"Jongin?"

"The hell do you want?"

"You're an idiot." 

"Damn you." 








Hey Di Oh, what country do you live in?

Korea ^^ u?

Same :o city?

Seoul ouo

:O same! alsdkhgioskgjnb my god, u know what this means?

What?

We can meet!

:D WAAAAH~ Kai when are you free?

Idk i'm kinda busy recently. Testing and stuff. But you could meet me at the bakery I work at

>w< this is so exciting~!
 

And so Jongin told him the address, a promise to message him later, and said goodbye.








But days flew by and no plans were made because Jongin was going through testing and, apparently, as was Di Oh.

In truth, Jongin was rather scared. He liked Di Oh -- a lot. But he didn't know much about him. Di Oh never posted any selcas, claiming that he was too shy to show off his "not internet worthy face" and Jongin only really knew that they liked the same band and member. They chatted about life in general, like school and weekend plans, but personal details? Jongin was in the dark.

He didn't even know the boy's name. (But neither did Di Oh know his.)

So how was he supposed to recognize him when they finally settled on "Friday at 7pm?"

Di Oh's cheery "yay! sure, sounds good! im so excited >u<" did, however, calm him down a little.

Cant wait!








[1 New Message from Kim Jongidiot]

This was getting awfully familiar.

At least it wasn't the middle of the night? He had been in the middle of a nap, though.

Kim Jongidiot: heLP ME

what the hell do u want now


Kim Jongidiot: I'M MEETING DI OH IN FIVE HOURS

WHAT


He dialed Jongin's number.

"Zitao?"

"WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS?"

"Um, yes?"

"Jongin! You don't even know his real name!"

"Well, okay, yeah, but he doesn't know mine either."

"That kind of makes it worse!"

"Can you stop yelling please?"

"Okay, okay. So what's the problem?"

"What should I wear?"

"... Jongin?"

"Yeah?"

"You're an idiot."

"Goddammit Zitao."








"Hey, Jongin!" One of Jongin's bakery co-workers waved to him. He waved back. "Watcha doing back here again?"

"Oh, um, just meeting someone."

His co-worker wiggled his eyebrows. "Ooh, I see. Well good luck with that, yeah?"

"Thanks."

He sat down in the very far corner, where the wall sank back a little and kept him from half of the bakery's visual range. He was feeling more than shy. He was about to explode. Butterflies in his stomach? Scratch that, there were freaking dragons flapping around in there.

I'm sitting in the far corner, he sent Di Oh, just so he would know who he was. They hadn't exchanged pictures before, though maybe they should have.

He didn't get a reply which probably implied that a) Di Oh was on the way or b) he didn't see his message. He was hoping the former. 

Every second ticked loudly on, slower and slower with every passing minute. Seven o'clock finally rolled by and, just on time, the door to the bakery rang open, the bell atop the door jingling with the movement.

The boy who'd walked in checked his phone and, after looking left and right, his eyes fell on Jongin's form sitting straight up in his chair. His pink lips turned up in a bright smile.

And Jongin swore it was love at first sight.

He was thin and almost frail looking, his skin pale, alabaster, and his eyes wide and bright. Not internet worthy? Hell, Di Oh was beautiful. And now he wanted to learn who he really was.

The boy held out a hand. "Kai?" He asked, grin still stuck on his face.

Jongin let out a breath he never knew he was holding in. Di Oh's voice was amazing, deeper than he'd expected and so silky, so smooth, so positively gorgeous. 

He shook Di Oh's hand and, god, his skin was impossibly soft. "Yeah," he replied, dumbstruck.

Di Oh's cheeks turned a pretty rose. Jongin quickly motioned for him to sit across from him. He threw on a smile.

"Jongin, actually. Kim Jongin." And it felt amazing to say his real name.

"Kim Jongin, nice to meet you. Sort of. Again. I'm Do Kyungsoo."

"Kyungsoo," he tried, testing the name on his tongue. It felt perfect.

"Jongin," Kyungsoo seemed to do the same. "You're kinda hot."

"And you're kinda adorable," he blurted out, probably appearing more confident than he felt.

Kyungsoo laughed and Jongin could hear angels singing. "Are you going to buy something to eat?" He pointed to the display of cake and sweet assortments. 

Jongin nodded quickly. "I'll pay. For you too."

Kyungsoo tilted a corner of his lips. "What a gentleman."

"I try. Chocolate cake?"

"How'd you know?"

He smiled. "I know you." There were fireworks in his gut and Do Kyungsoo was lighting every single one.

How could it feel so familiar to talk to someone he'd just met?

(They hadn't really just met though. It'd only been a couple months, but it felt like years.)








By the end of their first meeting, Jongin knew Kyungsoo like the back of his hand and Kyungsoo knew Jongin like his own reflection.

Kyungsoo was a beauty inside and out, shier than he was online but still just as amazing. He was sweet and lovely and fascinating and conversational and the embodiment of everything Jongin's ever wished for. He found his eyes glued to every facet of Kyungsoo's very being.

He thanked all the lucky stars that sent an angel like Kyungsoo to him.








Jongin called Zitao that night, after returning home from seeing Kyungsoo on his way. 

"How'd it go?" Zitao immediately asked upon the third ring.

"You know. Fine. Not bad. 'S alright."

"Yeah, yeah, that's nice and all. Now tell me how it really went."

"Perfect. He's perfect. We're perfect. Perfect."

"Oh, so you're dating now?"

"No?"

"Kim Jongin."

"What?"

"Not only are you an idiot, but you're also a coward."

"God ing dammit, Zitao." 

He hung up on the bastard.

One day, Huang Zitao, one day.








They began meeting on a regular basis.

After a while, they expanded from the bakery on to coffee shops and bookstores and parks and malls. They went everywhere together and Jongin had never felt happier.

They traded phone numbers on their third meeting and, when they weren't physically next to each other, they texted.

One night, he received a text from Kyungsoo long after midnight (not that Jongin was sleeping or anything.)

[1 New Message from SooSoo] 

Thank goodness Kyungsoo didn't know that was his name in Jongin's phone.

Can we meet? i kinda wanna talk.

Oh God. Oh no. Was Kyungsoo friend-breaking up with him?

He internally panicked. It sounded like it.

Sure, he replied. But those four letters held a lot more than just an okay. Was there something wrong?

He'd never been so nervous.

Jongin quickly dressed in a sweater and jeans and left the house.

Bakery. 1 AM. Do Kyungsoo. He could do this.








"Hi Jongin!" Kyungsoo waved him over.

Jongin let out an mental sigh. Didn't seem to be bad news after all.

"Hey, what's up?"

And he was so used to seeing that bright, bright smile, but it stunned him every time.

Kyungsoo turned red from ear to ear. "I wanted to say something in person instead of, you know, pixels."

"Oh," Jongin said, unsure what to expect. "Sure. What is it?"

"Kim Jongin."

Please don't pull a Zitao on me now.

"Yes?"

"I am fairly certain I am in love with you."

Jongin's jaw dropped and the world stopped moving. Was this real?

He could only stare as Kyungsoo twiddled his fingers and waited for a reply.

"I'm fairly certain I love you too," Jongin managed to breathe out.

Kyungsoo's shining grin broke out and he leaped over to hug the daylights out of Jongin. Jongin chuckled, hugging him back.

"Is it weird I'm pretty sure I liked you before we met?" Kyungsoo muttered into the fabric of Jongin's shirt.

"Not at all, Soo," he sighed, a smile stuck on his face. "I think I did too."

He pulled back to lean down and claim Kyungsoo's lips for his own, plush against his and sweet like chocolate.








"Kyungsoo, this is Zitao. He's an assho- ow!"

Zitao pulled his hand back from Jongin's arm to shake Kyungsoo's. "Hi Kyungsoo. Nice to meet you."

"Oh, um, you too?"

"I'm really sorry about Jongin, by the way. He was dropped on his head as a child. A lot."

"Right...."

Jongin tugged Kyungsoo away from Zitao's grip and hugged his boyfriend tight. He pointed a finger at his so-called "best friend".

"One day, Huang Zitao. I swear to god, one day."

"You'll be as cool as me?"

"I'll-"

"Have as many followers as me?"

"I'll-"

"Finally stop being jealous of me?"

Zitao finally stopped to laugh and Jongin shook his fist at him. "I will get you back," he swore. "You will rue the day."








Two months later, Jongin received a call sometime late at night. Caller ID told him it was not Kyungsoo, no sir.

"Zitao?" He answered, question apparent in his voice.

"Okay, Jongin, look. I'm kinda meeting Yi Fan in like an hour and I need your help."

"Ohohoho! The tables have turned, haven't they?" He smirked. Heaven knows Zitao and Yi Fan's relationship had developed over time.

"Come on, you know I like him a lot. Just, how did you and Kyungsoo do this?"

Jongin clasped his hands together and sent thanks to the gods for this moment. 
"Hey Zitao?"

"Yes...?"

"You, good sir, are an idiot. You're on your own, man."

"Wha-"

He hung up and let out a maniacal laugh.

One day was most certainly today.