The Cause

Wrath of Shisus!!!


Donghae ran upstairs clutching his chest to pacify his heart, which was beating at a record speed and sending thankful prayers for his safe return. When he reached upstairs, was welcomed by the sight of s lounging around the living room and some huddled around the oven in their open kitchen.


"Donghae??? I thought that you were in your room? “As the leader, leeteuk was the first to notice a gasping donghae in the room.


Since all of them had assumed donghae to be in his room, nobody expected to see him barging into the room all sweaty and frazzled.


"You look like hell. What did u do? Run a marathon? “Heechul was the first to put out the obvious in the open, attaching little tact to his comments.


Frowning at his dongsaeng, leeteuk came towards donghae to get a closer look. Rubbing his back in circles, leeteuk expected that donghae would calm down and explain to him why and where he had snuck out so early in the morning.


Before he could open his mouth to say anything, the calling bell rung signaling a visitor. Kangin went downstairs to get the door when donghae beat him to it and sprawled himself in front of the door restricting kangin's access.


"Move hae," kangin barked clearly having no patience for any games in the morning.


Donghae swayed his head sideways, "No I won't."


Hearing the commotion rest of the members had assembled downstairs.


"What is the meaning of this donghae?” leeteuk did not look pleased with the commotion and the fact that the person on the other side of the door was still incessantly ringing the doorbell.


"Hyung, you do not understand. There is a mob waiting outside. "


All the members in Super Junior knew that hae had an overactive imagination. He was a kid stuck in an adult's body. Otherwise how would one explain an underwater wedding ceremony that was conducted with complete food and wine for the guests to honor the marriage of Mr. & Mrs. Nemo. So taking everything he said with a pinch of salt was given.


"Yeah, right. The mob attacks after ringing the bell. “Heechul scoffed at the younger’s over dramatic statement.


"No seriously guys. I was followed all the way to our dorms by a mob. "


"Oh, will you guys just relax. It may be just some over enthusiastic ELFs." kyuhyun reasoned after seeing that some of the more sensitive members like ryeowook were getting affected by the whole mob talk. The discussion was going on but nobody had bothered to get the door.


"Aish! The noise is killing me. I am getting the door.“ sungmin opened the door while donghae screamed and covered his eyes in a defensive posture.


He expected for a swarm of people pulling him, pushing him and touching and groping him. But strangely the feeling of being molested never came. He slowly uncovered his eyes and saw that nine pairs of eyes were boring him down.


"Mob of stalkers you say?” sungmin was standing in front of him and he had a basket in his hand. The basket had various kinds of breads, cookies and cakes.


"At least the stalker is a good person. I am famished," kyuhyun took a cookie and started eating it along with the others who had started attacking the basked of food.


While everyone was busy eating, donghae was still deep in thoughts.


"What are you thinking about now, hae? Come and eat something before its finished. “ eunhyuk offered a piece of chocolate cookie to him.


"No, I am positive that I was followed by a mob all the way here." Donghae still was unable to comprehend the case of vanishing mob. How can a large group of people vanish into nothingness?


"Donghae it is rude to call ELFs as mobs or stalkers. You should know that it is only through their love that we are surviving as Super Junior. You should not trivialize them. "


"I did not insult our ELFs, leeteuk hyung. There was actually a mob following me. And I am not sure if they were all ELFs. "


"If they were following you then where are they now donghae? I do not see anyone outside."


"You are right, kangin. Why would a mob of ELFs follow you when they can follow me, the universal star Kim heechul? "


Seeing the bickering, kyuhyun stepped up. He was observing the others and looking out the window for any proof on the invisible mob of donghae, when an anomaly hit him.


"Where were you so early in the morning, hyung?"


Donghae looked at the maknae with hope flashing in his eyes. Here was someone who was not eager to dismiss his words as imagination. Donghae narrated what had transpired with glossy eyes. It hurt him that s were not believing his words. But in defense of the members, donghae had cried wolf once too many times. You can only blame aliens for messing your members’ rooms only so many times till they actually start believing you are loony.


The members heard the whole story with varied reactions to it. Sungmin, ryeowook, and eunhyuk were sympathetic. Heechul, kangin, shindong were laughing their hearts out. Leeteuk was looking at donghae in pity, mentally scheduling a date with a psychologist, thinking the stress might have finally caught up with the poor guy. Kyuhyun looked serious and siwon, well he just stood on the side with a blank face.


"That was a great story, hae. You should write it down maybe you can enter it in a fiction contest.“ heechul said in between howling laughter.


"Heechul, please do not harass donghae," leeteuk bought in donghae for a hug as the younger was now crying.


"Don't listen to them hae, they are crazy. Now will you tell hyung once again when you left the home and why? "


"I could not sleep and was hungry so after I washed up I decided to eat something, but there was nothing in the kitchen." He paused his narration to look at ryeowook, to see how the eternal maknae was treating this information, when there was no aggressive response he continued, "Since I knew only of a bakery down the street open at such an early hour I went down to get something.”


"Well that would explain the basket of baked goods," sungmin interjected.


"When did you leave the house exactly?" kyu asked.


"It was half passed five." Hae answered, "Why do you ask?"


“Because you came back at quarter to ten and it should not take you so long to travel three blocks to and fro.”

Everyone pondered over the new information but kangin soon dismissed it.

“He must have spent a few hours in front of the pet shop," when everyone started staring at him like he was ridiculous, he retorted, "what??? He has done that in the past, you know. "


Before donghae could object, heechul gave his opinion on the matter. "It must be the animals and birds that must have kept him busy. Remember he said it was like a scene out of a Disney movie," and heechul once again started laughing but no one joined him.


"Guys could you come to the window please," everyone gathered near the window and were now looking outside.


"See anything?"


"I don't see anything, kyu," leeteuk answered.


"Exactly. It is almost 10 on a Wednesday morning and the street is deserted. There is literally no one out there."


The members realized that kyuhyun was telling the truth. The street was empty and there was a deathly calm washing over the whole area. It was eerily quite which was all the more noticeable after the members stopped bickering.


"What do you think this means kyu." as the leader, leeteuk was supposed to be all knowing but he was more than well aware to fall for such flattery. The maknae was the smartest among the bunch and even heechul acknowledged it albeit grudgingly. So it was only natural to ask him to explain the unnatural phenomenon they were confronted with.


"Listening to what hae hyung has said, the most logical explanation in this bizarre scenario is to believe it to be true."


As soon as these words came out of kyu, the members erupted into a frenzy. Some claiming that he was drunk to believe in what nonsense hae was spouting and the others scared at what the events would bring forth.


Silencing the din generated by his comments he continued, "The only way to prove the theory is to test it. If hae hyung is right about animals and humans flocking to him, then the theory has to be tested. "


"What are you suggesting we do?" it was eunhyuk who had spoken up fearing for the safety of his friend. He did not wish kyuhyun to experiment on hae.


"Animals and humans throng donghae, if we are to believe him. In his absence they are nowhere to be found. So, the only way to find out is to send hae outside and see the consequences."


The words had not even flowed out kyuhyun's mouth when kangin and heechul dragged a flailing donghae to the door and locked him out. The whole action was finished in mere seconds that when the members even realized what had happened they had heard a long wailing sound from donghae, similar to those in slasher movies. It was something that did not set right with the leader and he began to push aside the members to get to the door and save his dongsaeng.


"What are you doing, leeteuk?" kangin yelled when he was shoved aside, violently, in order to get to the door.


"What I am doing is, saving my dongsaeng from your stupid pranks. Now get aside heechul. "


"It is not a prank. It is an experiment under controlled laboratory conditions. It is for the benefit of science. Tell him kyuhyun we are doing it to satisfy scientific curiosity."


"Oh pish posh! Scientific curiosity? You like bullying the dongsaengs. You are in it for the laugh. It is really… "


A scream was heard from outside that interrupted the banter leeteuk was having with heechul. He rushed to the window and could not believe the sight he saw.


Like donghae had described, the moment he had managed to step foot on the street, a huge mob of people descended on him, engulfing him completely. He looked like he was literally drowning in a sea of people. And even that was not the most shocking aspect of the scene that was unfolding in front of him. The mob of people had concealed the other members of the mob who had by now showed their strength in numbers.


The animals were now circling donghae, the land animals taking the lead on ground and the aerial ones in the sky. It was really an amazing sight, the dogs, cats, turtles, jostling with people for a spot closer to donghae. The eagles, sparrows, pigeons etc. were lucky to have 'birds eye view' over their object of affection.


The members were watching the scene with open mouths, the more cynical of the lot, heechul and kangin could not dispute the scene playing out in front of them.


It was kyuhyun, sungmin and kangin that woke up from the shock and went outside to rescue donghae from the mob of humans and animals alike. All leeteuk did in the time being was cry over how his dongsaeng was being abused, the task of calming him down was down to ryeowook and eunhyuk, who in heechul’s words ‘had not gone outside to rescue his best friend due to his coward nature’.


The three members had somehow managed to wrest donghae off of the maniacal mob and were now huffing and puffing by the door. Leeteuk did not waste any moment and was soon smothering donghae checking his health and apologizing for putting his health in danger.


"As I had thought, the street is deserted as before, not a soul in sight" kyuhyun commented observing the street from the window.


"So, does that mean that the mob of people were targeting donghae?"


"That is exactly what I fear sungmin. The mob may be really after donghae."


"But why would people target hae. These were not our normal ELFs. I think some of the people were once part of United Korea. Our fans transcend all ages but this is just pushing it a bit.“ kangin added.


"You forgot the animals too. They to seemed to be besotted by hae," ryeowook helpfully added.


"What??? there were animals surrounding hae too!!! Damn it! I was busy checking out that cute kitty walking past the door."


"Will you shut up heechul? Nobody needs your useless comments" leeteuk was in no mood to entertain his weird antics.


Heechul started grumbling at the way leeteuk shouted at him but had the good sense of keeping his trap shut. It was never an advisable move to anger a leeteuk when its young ones were in danger.


"What do you suggest kyu? How do we tackle this situation." the leader had once again turned to the youngest for advice in this pressing times.


"Without full information, I cannot say anything. This is a very strange situation we are in. The way the mob pounced on hae, but left us untouched, may suggest hae mob is particularly fond of him."


"So are we to keep hae locked up till whatever this is, subsides?"


"I never said anything of that sort, kangin hyung. I merely sated the obvious conclusions from the facts presented in front of me. "


Both kyuhyun and kangin were now sharing heated stares, no one liking the possible outcome, heechul intervened.


"Let’s throw the fishy back outside and see what happens."


"You mean use him as a bait to lure the underlying cause to the surface… "


NO… NO. I will not go outside," yelled a traumatized donghae in response to sungmin's comment.


"Well if you put it that way, yes, why not use donghae as a bait…“ Heechul then muttered what he really meant. "At least I will get the opportunity to get this on tape and keep it for future use. "


"Please hyung, do not make go outside. I think they will eat me." donghae was pleading leeteuk with tears streaming down his face after hearing the planning of throwing him out again still in progress.


Seeing his dongsaeng so distraught, leeteuk gave an ultimatum to everyone to watch their language. If anyone even uttered something that could further traumatize the poor fishy, they will have to do the chores in the dorms for the rest of the month. The terror that flashed on the faces of the members was evident that they will be quite for the rest of their lives, lest they are saddled with the task of maintaining the glorious pig sty that was their dorms.


Suggestions were asked from the members on tackling the situation that ranged from the normal but lazy like, stay in locked up as long as possible to the bizarre of having a change operation with plastic surgery to change donghae's identity.


Out of all the members present, there was only one person who had yet to open his mouth ever since donghae rushed in the dorms. What was even more surprising was that the said person always seemed to have opinion on anything and everything that was discussed.


"Siwon, don't you have something to offer…" leeteuk being the ever observant leader saw that the visual was unusually quiet. And it never bode well for him to be so quite.


"I know, I know what he will say, 'it is the wish of lord that donghae be followed by humans and animals alike' I am right, right.?" heechul turned to face siwon after mocking him but instead of the usual rebuke he would receive for mocking god he was welcomed with a smirk. A smirk that heechul himself and kyuhyun had on, on numerous times while seeing an unfortunate soul falling prey to their pranks.


One would assume that the smirk on a person known to be a gentleman and god loving would be unsuitable. But strangely it felt far more sinister than it had ever on heechul and kyuhyun's face. A face only capable of good was now hosting the other extreme and it did not feel out of place.


"Wonnie, do perhaps know the reason why donghae is going through this bizarre experience." it wasn't heechul alone who had noticed the unusual expression on siwon's face. Kyuhyun knew very well what that expression meant, but was surprised to find it on his boyfriend.

“Awwww…that is so cute. You think that I have something to do with what donghae is going through?” Siwon smirked, which caused all the members to back off in fear.

Super Junior was made with people having weird quirks. So if a SJ member said that they have seen all in their life, it might not be stretching the truth. But what they had not seen, was a smirk on siwon and believe it, it was frightening to the very least and mentally disturbing at most.

“Wonnie, what did you do?” even kyuhyun was now afraid of what his boyfriend must have done. He had never seen siwon like this before.

“I thought that donghae was the beloved of the group, heck, even in the whole industry, so I thought that why not share the treasure that donghae is with the world.” Siwon threw his sneer at the object of discussion, which forced donghae to cower into leeteuk who was busy comforting him.

“Don’t you love it now, donghae? Everyone out there loves you. You are the number one in their hearts. I though you would be celebrating the fact that everyone, absolutely everyone out there finds you irresistible. What are you doing in here? You should be out there greeting your fans.”

“What do you mean by that siwon?” leeteuk’s interest has peaked up with the explanation that siwon had given. The kind of meanness that siwon was spouting against donghae did not make any sense. As far as he knew the eunsihae, trio was very strong. What had he missed?

“What I meant is…wait, why are you asking me hyung? You should ask donghae what I mean by this. He is the one who is running around mouthing that he is kyuhyun’s favorite hyung. And all those skin-ships…” he turned to face donghae and continued, “I did warn you against excessive skinship with my kyu. But did you pay heed to my warnings, no, you had to go and hug him, kiss him and even had the nerve to push me aside to do skinship with him. Well, now you start doing the time for your crimes.”

There are instances which lead to figurative phrases making literal appearances, and this was one among them, when nine jaws dropped open to the floor. Whatever siwon had done it had been spurred by jealousy. It should not come as a surprise seeing that the visual was pretty possessive in regards to kyuhyun, but no one saw it could take such a strange an outrageous turn.

“How did you do it?” it was heechul who had overcome his initial shock to pose the question.

“What?! you all are thinking the same,” heechul put his hands up defensively when the members started eyeing him suspiciously.

“I have always maintained that prayers have powers. It is said that prayers can move mountains, so…”

“You mean to say that you prayed donghae into this…” heechul waved his hands around and continued, ”Well whatever this is?”

“Of course. For someone who has lead a virtuous life and praying practically his whole life, I have quite a huge amount of good karma checked in, in my account that I encashed for this little stunt.”

“Siwon-ah, all this is water under the bridge. I will personally make sure that hae does not get too close to kyuhyun, so can you now please pray or do something to keep this ‘attracting living beings’ curse on the down low.”

“Donghae has to be the one to take that step, not you eunhyuk. If he does not change his habits…” siwon stopped speaking when he saw that instead of apologizing to him donghae was busy currying comfort from kyuhyun, his kyuhyun.

“You know what, that’s it. You have underestimated my wrath for the last time. Since, you have no learning curve, lee donghae, you will suffer for your indiscretions…” as soon as he said that an invisible force knocked the doors and windows open and dragged a screaming donghae back into the arms of the waiting mob. The whole dorm erupted into a mess with members trying to pull donghae to safety, except for heechul who had slowly found himself standing near siwon and looking animatedly at the scene unfolding in front of him.

“So, where can an atheist sigh up for this special powers?” heechul smiled.

 

 

Donghae woke up with a start, he was sweating through his clothes. He sighed in relief, ‘it was just a nightmare’ he thought.

“Hey donghae are you okay, did you have a nightmare.”

Donghae turned to see that siwon was sitting on the edge of kyuhyun’s bed (his roommate) and looking at him intently. He nodded, still fresh from the horrors of his nightmare.

“You know what they say about dreams and nightmares, it is just a premonition of the events to come. You better be forewarned hae.”

Donghae ran away from his room screaming when he saw siwon having the exact expression he wore in his nightmare.

 

 

Ahhh…finally the second part is out. Now I can get back to my other full-on wonkyu fics.

I had a dream like this where I was being followed by animals and I rush home and find siwon standing in front of me. Before I could utter anything, the alarm rang and I woke.

Since then, siwon has yet to grace my dreams. :-(

 

Subscribe, upvote, comment.