Are You An Angel?

Romance in Summer

The hall was big and filled with many decorations. There are several luminuos lights covering the hall and the archway is decorated with various flowers that's handpicked by the love of my life, my angel, Sandara Park. It was a huge event for both of us but we wanted to keep it private, so only our close friends and relatives are invited to our big day. The day that she officially belongs to me and the day that I officially become hers. Just the thought of it makes me blush and smile to myself.

I let out a huge breath. Trying to calm myself down. I wiped the sweat out off my forehead and smiled before opening the door. I walked down the hallway slowly but yet at a fast speed because I just couldn't contain the excitement of seeing Sandara, or Dara, in her wedding dress. 

"Bride, please enter." Hyukjae said over the microphone.

The doors opened. And there she was. Standing elegantly with her father by her side. 

She look beautiful. She is beautiful. A simple elegant lace dress that looks exquisite on beautiful Sandara Park. She approaches me with smiles plastered on her face, and I asked myself, how could an angel like her fall in love with me? I shed a tear and smiled while looking at her. As she become closer to me, I grabbed her hand lightly and soon after that, we exchanged our vows.

"Dara, I love you. You are my best friend, my soul mate.When I tell you I love you, when I tell you thousands and millions of times. Even when my heart sets aflame, my dry lips wear out. I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard, when our love is simple, and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard. I love you, Dara."

"Donghae, with all my love, I take you to be my husband. I will love you through the good and the bad, through joy and the sorrow. I will try to be understanding, and to trust in you completely. Together we will face all of life's experiences and share one another's dreams and goals. I promise I will be your equal partner in a loving, honest relationship, for as long as we both shall live. I love you."

After the usual, "You may now kiss the bride" has been said, I pulled in Dara closer and pulled her in slowly and gently kissing her moist lips, that's stained in bright red. It tastes like typical Dara's lips, vanilla. We both giggled and embraced each other tightly.

 

--

 

The bright sunlight shone brightly across the window and it hurts my eyes. Tears welled up on my eyes and I dreamed about her again. I search for my phone and hit 1 - speed dial for Dara. As always, I could only hear the voice mail. I pressed 1 and leave a message.

"Dara," I cleared my throat. "It's me again. I miss you, terribly. The days without you have been Hell. I love you, sweetie. I love you, Rabbit. I love you, Sandara Park. Always will."

I ended the call and sigh deeply to myself. I look at her that's lying motionlessly on the bed, looking fragile. She doesn't look like Sandara. She shrunk to size, if its even possible. Its been years since Sandara last talked to me. To be exact, four. She got into an accident and became comatose for four years. There are days where she stopped breathing and I could literally hear my heart stopped beating too. I never wanted to lose her. Ever.

I repeat my morning schedule - wiped Dara's face, change the flowers and spray a bit of Dara's favorite air freshener. I switched on the radio and her favorite DJ is on air. I kiss her forehead and whispers goodbye to her before kissing her cheeks gently.

I took my coat and check my unshaven face on the mirror and left for work. I was still tired. My eyes was so heavy and I could barely open it. The caffeine isn't clearly working for me. I was sipping the coffee until someone pushed me and...

BAM!! (or whatever sounds you hear when someone's pushed you and you push someone >.<)

I opened my eyes and I'm suddenly fresh awake, "I'm so sorry. Are you alright?" I said as I help the lady up.

"Alright? Alright." She said. "I'm fine, yeah I'm totally fine." She added on. One would be dumb if they didn't know it was said sarcastically. She looked up at me and gave me a slight smile. "Are you blind? Watch where you're going!" She shouted at me and push me.

I saw her face and... My heart stopped. It's as if time had stopped ticking. Everyone else was standing still except for me. It wasn't for the fact that she looks beautiful, wait she is beautiful to me. It was just that -

 "Hey! Are you even listening?" She screamed and time has started to tick again.

I just stared at her, pausing for words. How could she look like my Sandara? Is she an Angel sent down from Heaven?

 She rolled her eyes, "Crazy dude,"

 I grabbed her hand and the words that came out of from my mouth was, "Sandara?"

She looked back at me, in disbelief. "Sandara?" She loosened my wrist from her hand and put both of her hands on my shoulders firmly, "Look, I don't know who is Sandara is.. Give me your phone, Mr." She demanded. "Hurry!"

 She punched in some numbers and handed the iPhone back to me. "Well, I'll contact you soon to pay for the laundry services. The shirt I'm wearing is costly. And so is my pants. And my boots." She walked off.

 

 I tried to shut my eyes and wonder whether is this a dream or not. I immediately called my best friend, Hyukjae, and told him about what had just happened.

"Hyukjae."

 "Hey! What's up?" The voice at the other end answered.

 "Hyung," I repeated again. "I saw her."

 "Her who?"

 "Dara. Wait I mean.. I saw someone that looks exactly like Dara."

 "Hae.. Are you sure? Are you sure you're not dreaming?" he said, his voice becoming more concerned.

 "I'm sure, I even got her number. I'm not dreaming, Hyukjae." I replied adamantly. "She'll call me in a few days time, I know it. I'll call you and prove it to you."

 "Well, alright alright. Be sure to call me if you meet her again, will you? I'm worried about you."

"I'm fine." I replied. "I just wanted to tell you that."

"Well, alright then, Donghae. Feel free to call me anytime. Goodbye." he said and the line went dead.

 

-

 

It has been a few days now and I still haven't gotten a call from her. From the girl. Why isn't she calling? Is she really a person that I dreamt about? After all, she is the spitting image of Dara.. She couldn't real, could she?

Just then, my phone vibrates and I received a call.