Chapter 2

Until Heavens

 

They spent their night cuddling on the same wrinkled bed they had ever since they became one. Luhan engulfs Sehun with his tiny soft hands and buries himself in Sehun's existence. The younger made his way to put his one arm below the little pale boy's head, ruffling his delicate fingers on Luhan's golden mushy hair.

 

It was just like that, and Sehun swears he keeps falling more in love with the same guy each day. It wasn't something to regret though, but something to treasure and cherish for the rest of his life.

 


 

Sehun was at work, trying to speculate another product to produce for the opening of another branch of Sanrio in a particular mall a few blocks away from their home. Tao, the CEO, wanted to try a new merchandise to enhance the character's popularity. "How's it going?" Tao suddenly asks the overthinking Sehun in his office. "I think I'm going insane," Sehun scoffs as he tightens his grip on his hair.

 

Tao, being the boss, observed Sehun's room; it was full of litters and dozens of crumpled papers thrown everywhere. He approached the younger to look on his work, it was actually blank. "I can't think of anything, but I'll try to make it up to you by tomorrow, I promise!" Sehun assured as he flips his blank paper, turning to another plain surface.

 

Tao chuckled with Sehun's cute responses being all pressured with his design about a new product. "Just think simply. Ask yourself, if you could turn back time as a kid, what would you want? Regardless of the gender tho," Tao speaks as he exits the room, grinning at Sehun, almost too sweetly as a communication from a company's CEO and its employee.

 

Sehun lays back his head on his chair's backrest as he closes his eyes, letting Tao's words sink in his mind.

 

 

He was riding his bicycle 10 years ago on a park. He was lonely, somehow empty. Until then, he stopped, just to look at a buried photo on a sand near the playground.

 

It was a little blonde pale boy, wearing black jeans and a pink Hello Kitty shirt, eating his strawberry ice cream messily but filled with enjoyment. Sehun giggles with the thought of seeing a boy so happy with just a cone of frozen liquid mixed with various flavors.

 

"Give me back my photo!" Someone suddenly yells at him. He turned to track the hollers of the boy. And there he saw the same person from the photograph and the boy in front of him wearing the same shirt from the picture, mad. 

 

Sehun suddenly smiles without any idea why. He lets his tongue out, laughs, and runs away from the little boy who was trying to get his photo back.

 

The boy seemed so determined with getting his picture back that he actually chased Sehun wherever he goes; around the playground, through the bazaars, between kiosks. 

 

Soon enough, the kid gave up. He was dead tired. "Whatever! I hate you! Don't you ever let me see your face again or I'll- I'll..." He was out of words. He wasn't the badass kind of kid who curses anyone he hates so he ended up making face at Sehun which made the latter cry himself from laughing so hard. The boy sat sluggishly on a bench way far from Sehun — but still can be seen in Sehun's sight.

 

Tears were streaming down the little kid's face. Sehun approaches, he turns away, Sehun takes another step, and he started to walk away. Sehun felt death for a moment, not until he chased back the other boy, gripping on his hand tightly.

 

"Here, you can have it. J-just, d-don't go..." Sehun implored as he hands the photo. The boy smiles, too precious to be missed by a second. He gets his photo back, laughing hysterically almost endlessly, "You actually thought I was crying, don't you? Hahahaha, I'm not going anywhere, silly! I actually had fun!"

 

Sehun felt fooled, but unexpectedly happy. The two of them laughed, it was a wonderful afternoon for the both of them; it was unforgettable and indelible.

 

"I'm Sehun by the way," Sehun reaches out his hand. 

 

"I'm Luhan."

 

And they shook hands, faces covered with delicate beams and glistening eyes as Sehun lets Luhan ride on his bicycle with him.

 

 

A plushie. Sehun thought. But not just an ordinary stuffed toy, a Hello Kitty recording diary plushie. That should be the new product.

 

He didn't had the chance to record his happiness when he first met the little blonde boy. It was one of the most beautiful things that has happened in his life yet it wasn't noted anywhere else, only in the memories of them both.

 

Now, its time to finally have the opportunity after several years.

 

But he doesn't want it for himself, but for Luhan.