Chapter 2

Paradoxical Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As she reached home, she went directly into her room. Slowly, she laid herself on her bed, really exhausted. It was like her whole physique wants to give up in the throes of misery. Everything hurts. Her heart was swelling, it was painful. But the thought of she was carrying Luhan's child, still leaves her in delight. It was her angel, atleast there was someone who can call 'hers'.

 

Before she fell into slumber, she was alarmed when suddenly her phone rang. She opened her eyes and reached for her phone. She was startled when she saw Luhan's name appeared on the caller's ID. He was calling. Yuna was hesitant at first of answering the call but of course there was like something in her that was telling her that she should.

 

"Yuna..."

 

Luhan said softly. Yuna's heart was beating an irregular rhythm. Her hands were also shaking.

 

"Luhan?..."

 

"I-Im sorry for the words I've said to you earlier...." He was speaking leniently. But his words, what he meant by them, they were too harsh.

 

"Its just that... I can't believe that Im going to be a father already... And I-Im sorry... I.. I love you, you know that right? But only as a friend.. Nothing more."

 

She wished Luhan never said those words. It was just too painful to accept the fact even though his voice was calm. She hung up. She doesn't want to hear any more heart-crushing words from him. Because whether she admits it or not, it was the truth that Luhan sees her as a friend. Because he already loves someone else. Someone he thought that was better than her.

 

'Can't you really love me?'  Yuna thought to herself, despondent. She loves him, so much. As much as she loves her life. No scratch that, she loves him more than her life.

just like what she does when she's down, she always listens to the radio and listen to music to unleash all the heartbreaking she was feeling.

 

an old song played, and Yuna closed her eyes as the music started.

 

 

Rain gently falls whenever we'd say goodnight.

Falling like when you're out of sight.

 

 

Yuna sighed. The song was breaking her heart. Melancholy was filling inside of her room as she sobbed to fight her tears, not wanting them to fall again.

 

 

Rain follows me, even in my bed

And rain is the tears that I shed

 

 

There'll be no sunshine in my life,

until you'll say you're mine, oh mine

There'll be no summer, spring or fall,

each day is like winter time.

 

 

Flashbacks of their friendship struggled in Yuna's mind. How Luhan had been very close and sweet to her, yet now he's changed. Just when the thought of they will be together because they will be having a baby but no, everything became miserable and complicated.

 

 

But I can never say I care,

I know it won't be smart

 

 

And the last two lines of the chorus h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter