All That I Need

All That I Need

 

I feel your arms when I’m lonely; I make believe that you are still here with me. It’s all I need. I feel your heart as if it were beating with mine. When you’re in my world, I am alive. You’re all that I need to survive.

 

~~~

 

He was lonely. He finally had to admit that when he was reduced to counting, organizing, recounting, and reorganizing his many pairs of shoes out of sheer boredom. He missed his little space case. If nothing else, he missed tormenting his best friend and dragging him along on shopping trips. He loved shopping, but it was so much more fun when you had a complaining but secretly-pleased friend with you.

He realized that he missed the feeling of long, slender arms around his waist. It was a feeling that he guessed he’d taken for granted because now that it was gone, he desperately wanted it back. And going to sleep without hearing that voice telling him “good night, sweet dreams” beforehand just wasn’t the same. This wasn’t fair.

He ruffled his light brown hair, sighing as he flopped back on his bed, staring at the ceiling. This . He didn’t even have any schedules to take his mind off this insane, obnoxious, torturous desire to see him again. He pulled out his phone, flipping through his contacts and attempting to find someone who wasn’t busy.

~~~

“Wookieeeeee~”

“What is it, hyung?”

“Are you busy? Can we go shopping?”

“I can’t, hyung. I’m about to go to the studio so I can finish recording the title track for a drama that’s coming out next month. Maybe afterwards?”

He sighed. “That’s okay, Wookie. Have fun recording! You’ll do great!”

“Thanks, hyung!”

The line went dead. Well, there when that plan.

~~~

“Henryyyyyy!”

“Hey, hyung.”

“What’re you up to?”

“I’m with Teukie hyung and Donghae hyung. We’re working on composing a new song. Hopefully something that can be used on SJM’s next album.”

“Oh…”

“Did you need something?”

“Huh? Oh, no, I’m fine. Good luck with your composition!”

“Thanks! We’re going out to dinner later; want to come?”

“Um…” He thought for a second. “Yeah, that’d be great.”

“I’ll text you the details; I’ve got to go! See you later, hyung!”

He groaned. Finding someone to spend time with was so much more difficult than it needed to be.

~~~

“Hello?”

“Sungminnnn, I’m boreddddd.”

“Aw, I’m sorry! Why don’t you write a song or something?”

“But I want to do something with somebody. It’s boring being all alone.”

“I can’t. I’m busy right now, but maybe some other time, okay? I’ll come see you soon!”

“Okay, Minnie…”

~~~

“Yesung hyung, are you busy?”

“I’m filming something for Sketchbook right now.”

“Crap!”

“What’s wrong? Do you need something?”

“No, it’s alright. I’ll see you later, I guess.”

“Wait!”

“Yes?”

“Could you feed Ddangkkoma and the others for me?”

“Sure, hyung…”

“Thanks!”

~~~

He buried his face in his pillow, obviously upset. Everyone was busy! No one had any time left for him! He thought of how many times he’d desperately wished for time off from work and made a face; now all he wanted was to be overwhelmed with schedules once again. That would be better than sitting here being lonely.

His phone vibrated in his hand and he lazily moved to look at it; it was a message from Henry, one telling him where to meet for dinner and at what time. He drug himself off his bed, finally deciding to just go take a shower to waste time between now and then. It’s not like he had anything else to do.

~~~

He showed up at the restaurant in a crisp new shirt, his favorite pair of pants, and a new pair of shoes that he’d bought on sale only to find it completely empty, except for the staff of course. Well. That was weird.

“Where could they be?” he grumbled under his breath; he was on time, dang it, and he was hungry. They better show up soon. He plopped down at one of the tables in the middle of the room, looking around. This restaurant seemed awfully fancy for just a dinner with Leeteuk, Henry, and Donghae. They had to be planning something…

After a good twenty minutes of waiting in silence, he was pretty much convinced that his friends were just terrible beings and had tricked him into coming to a restaurant when they never intended to show up at all. The only thing they were planning was how to make him look foolish. He stood up (nearly knocking over his chair in the process) and put his hands on his hips.

“I don’t need them anyway,” he grumbled and, quite unconsciously, he mumbled out, “He’s all that I need.”

“Who?” A slightly amused voice sounded from behind him; he whirled around and nearly pounced on the boy behind him, squealing.

“Kui Xian!”  Those long, slender arms wrapped around his waist as he hugged the boy tightly. He buried his face in the other’s hair, breathing in that scent he loved so very much. “I missed you, my little space case.”

“I missed you too, koala bear.”

Then he heard the giggling. He peeked up, seeing the entirety of the band standing behind Kyuhyun in various states of trying to not laugh. When they noticed him looking, they all straightened up and yelled out, “SURPRISE!”

“Sorry about making you sit alone forever,” Ryeowook piped up, smiling apologetically. “Kyu’s plane got in later than we thought it was going to so we were late getting here.”

“And sorry about all of us lying to you and not hanging out with you this afternoon… We were planning your party, though, so don’t be too mad at us!” Sungmin chirped, grinning.

He was so confused and looked to Kyuhyun for clarification.

“Happy Birthday.”

He blinked. “What? It’s not—” Kyuhyun cut him off, whacking the back of his head gently.

“You forgot your own birthday? You ridiculous child.”

“Hey! You’re the child! You’re younger than me!”

“That’s right; you’re old.”

“I AM NOT!”

“Zhou Mi hyung is ooooooold!”

“KUI XIANNNN! GET BACK HERE!”

Well, at least he wasn’t lonely anymore.



 

Just a little bit of QMi cuteness that popped into my head and wouldn't go away~

Hope you enjoyed it!

love,

afallingstar