Trip

Run to You

Previous Chapter

“I had a date to attend too. I’ll be leaving now.”

She just left.

She just left him there, with a lot of things going inside his head, questioning her acts. Maybe those rumors about her were right after all. Maybe she is as untouchable and cold and hard as they described her. She made him so confused; she was all nice yesterday and then turned cold just because of one kiss. Maybe the thought of him being close to her after seeing how bright she actually is when she smiles is just a false hope from his part.

Because this moment, he wished he could just turn back time, to the moment where he didn’t know her at all.

 


 

CHAPTER 8 -- TRIP

 

The bell above the door rings; it made the boy sitting near the window looks up from his drink. He picked that table purposely; he knew how much the girl loves to gaze outside the window, watching people pass by.

“Sorry, did you wait for long?” The girl asked, flashing him a smile while pulling the seat in front of him. “Not that long.” He smiled back, his white teeth showing. He passed her a mug; hot chocolate. “Hot chocolate?” “I know you don’t drink coffee.” He shrugged, making the girl chuckle. “Thanks, ChanWoo.”

They are both silent, enjoying each others’ presence. Her eyes landed outside, watching the autumn breeze blows the red-brown-colored leaves from its tree.

“EunAe, I am sorry.” He called, half trembling because of guilt. “You—” “Why didn’t you told me HongSeok has been pestering you all along?” “I—” “You don’t want to worry me? You can take care of those problems yourself? You know you should be glad he didn’t do anything to your face. Otherwise, the boys would ask you things.”

ChanWoo only sighs. EunAe is always right. There is no use of him arguing anymore.

“How long?”

“Just… These past months. I don’t know for how long exactly. He just asked me to do errands for him so I thought it was okay.” “But then what ChanWoo? He told you to do things you don’t want to do, right? Do you know what stuff he gave to you yesterday?” The guy only shook his head. EunAe rubbed her temple with her fingers, not knowing what to do with this guy in front of her. He is too innocent for his own good, tempting her to stuff that innocent mind of his with dirty things, but also makes her want to protect him more.

“ pills.”

“Huh?”

“You heard me. pills. Those are illegal stuff, ChanWoo. He is an illegal drug-dealer.”

Her answer made his eyes largen in shock. Of course he didn’t know this. ChanWoo is the type to just do things that are assigned to him, without asking too much detail. That was also the reason why HongSeok used him in the first place. His innocent looks also made him gullible.

“Just… From now on, don’t ever answer his calls, don’t ever meet him, and most importantly, don’t make him just use you as he wants, okay? Did he do anything else to you?” “No. He just beats me up if I refuse to do errands for him. Last night was one of the examples.” He looks down, staring at his coffee, afraid to look at the girl. “You know, it’s lucky that JinHyeong saw you with him and inform me. I don’t know what might happen to you next.”

ChanWoo keep staring at his coffee; not answering her. “Aaisssh~ Seriously, Jung ChanWoo! You need to stop being so innocent for once! Stop being so nice to others!” EunAe sighed, leaning her body against the sofa. “But… You are nice to others. Well, not everyone. At least to me.” The guy mumbled his answer, still refusing to look at the other. He then felt the seat beside him sifted; EunAe wrapped her arm around his body, pulling him in for a long hug.

“ChanWoo…”

“I know, I know. There are times when you do need to be nice to others, but there are also times you need to be mean to stand up for yourself. Otherwise, I’ll end up getting bullied again. I know.” His voice came out soft. ChanWoo then wraps his arm around the girl’s waist, taking her warmth. “Thank you.” He whispered.

“You know you can let go of the hug now, Ae.”

“I don’t want to.”

“If you act like this, people will think I am your boyfriend.”

“You know I don’t care what other people think.”

She only snuggled up to him more, burying her face in his chest. She let out a long sigh. “Why? Your father giving you a hard time?”

“No.”

“Then what? Something happened last night?” Awfully, ChanWoo’s guess are always right. At least about EunAe, that is.

“No.”

“Lies. We’ve known each other since high school and you are being like this to me?” “Fine. Something did happen. But I really don’t want to talk about it.” He pats her head a few times before answering, “Then don’t. But when you want to talk, you know you can always talk to me.”

“Yeah. Thanks, ChanWoo. You will be a good boyfriend.”

“Yeah, but not good enough for you.” The guy sighs. He always has this long-time-crush for the girl; maybe because of the gratefulness he felt due to her helping him most of the time, maybe because of her charms he can’t resist, he doesn’t know. But he knows their relationship will grow nothing more than a bullied-boy since high school and the girl who stood up for him; nothing more than friends.

“Chan—” “I know I am not your type either. You like the bad boy type. Maybe, HanBin-hyung?” He smiled mischievously, earning him a smack on the arm. “Ya!”

 


 

The week pass by quickly, the date for them to submit their project is coming. EunAe and HanBin are still awkward around each other, with him trying to figure her out, and her trying to avoid him at all cost. She hangs around ChanWoo more, or sometimes just sitting at the library by herself, not wanting to be disturbed. Just like right now.

“EunAe.”

“What?” The girl mumbled her answer, not looking up from the papers scattered all around the library table. “Something happened between you and HanBin, right?” The other asked, whispering. “HaRin, what do you mean?” EunAe whispered, not wanting to get scolded by the librarian. “Stop playing dumb, Ae. I know something did happen between you two. Maybe… Oh my God! Did you perhaps…. Have with him before?” The younger gasped, putting her palm over .

“Ya! Can you tone down a bit? Please… You know I don’t play with guys from school. And if I do, it won’t be awkward. No string attached.” She answered, shrugging, like it was not of a big deal for her. “You seriously are the best with guys.” HaRin giggles. “Stop talking about me. What about you and DongHyuk?” She smirked mischievously, enjoying the flustered face of the girl in front of her.

“W—What about me and DongHyuk?” HaRin answered back, stammering. “I know you know what I meant, HaRin-ie. You are not that innocent.”

“We—Well.”

“You haven’t done it with him? Seriously?”

“Don’t look at me like that! We just dated for less than a month. What do you expect?”

But EunAe won’t buy her answer, and HaRin knows that. She is just looking back at EunAe with innocent looks while the other stares down at her. “You know that our Membership Training is coming, right?” EunAe stated, her hands organizing the papers and putting them neatly inside her folder. “Yeah. We are going to Jeju Island this year, right? Why?” HaRin responded; helping the other placed all the stuffs inside her bag.

“I heard that the dance team is also going to have their membership training, since the date is close to ours, and also to cut unnecessary expenses, they are going to have their trip with ours.” EunAe explained shortly. HaRin looks up to her friend with an amazed expression. DongHyuk is in the dance team, but he didn’t mention anything about membership training to her. How EunAe could know this information before her?

“Don’t be so surprised. I met ChanWoo earlier.”

“I knew it! You two must be dating or something, right? Maybe he is your on-off-boyfriend? I know! Friends with benefits!” HaRin began blabbering non-stop, making the other gasped listening to her precautions. “HaRin! You know ChanWoo and I are not like that!” “Yeah. You always said that, but you guys seem more than just friends. There must be something, isn’t it?”

EunAe only chuckled, not really helping HaRin with her curiosity. EunAe refused to tell her more; even after HaRin tried over and over again to dig up about her life, EunAe is always being secretive. She knows almost nothing about EunAe’s personal life. She never told her anything in particular. HaRin just know that EunAe’s parents are no longer together, her mom and little brother left to the States, her father unknown. EunAe is more of a party girl then HaRin has ever been. EunAe has more experience with guys, too. She said ChanWoo is an old friend, but she never really gave more details about it. But there is one thing HaRin is aware of; EunAe is more than just the president of The TaeKwonDo Club. She would often find bruises or cuts on her body, but knowing that the older girl won’t give any answers she wanted, HaRin never asked further. She is just happy enough that EunAe is okay, happy enough to see her in class the next day; happy enough to have a friend like EunAe, who will always be there if she needed support.

“You are changing the topic, you know, HaRin?” EunAe’s sudden remarks snap HaRin out of her chain of thoughts.

“Huh?”

“Jeju Island. Do it there.”

“Do what?”

“You know what I meant. Do it there with DongHyuk. I’ll take care of the rest, so don’t worry too much, okay?” EunAe gave a few pats to the younger girl’s head, and then left her there inside the library, still thinking.

 


 

“Yah, Kim DongHyuk.” The guy looks up from his drink, still panting after the non-stop dance practice.

“What, hyung?” He asked, looking at each of his team mates’ faces weirdly. The six of them suddenly stops what they are doing and sit on the wooden floor next to DongHyuk, encircling him. “Uuhh… Hyung? Why are you guys being like this right now?”

“We just wanted to ask you… How are you and HaRin going?” JinHwan, being the eldest among them speak up first. “HaRin and I? We are fine. Why?” The guys answered, shrugging lightly while taking another sip from his water bottle. His hyung-deul are strange, he thought.

“You know that’s not what we truly meant, DongHyuk-ie.” Bobby added, grinning. “Then what?” “Have you… Do it with her yet?” YunHyeong also asked, looking at the guy curiously. “Do what?” “Aiissh! This guy seriously. Have you bang her or not?” JunHoe explained bluntly, his patience is running out. He is always the most blunt one from the rest, anyway. “Uhh… Hyung? Am I supposed to be here or…” “Just sit and listen, ChanWoo.  After DongHyuk loose his ity, it’s going to be your turn.” HanBin responded, smirking at their youngest member. The latter only gulps nervously.

“I haven’t found the right time yet, okay? We are both busy with assignments.” DongHyuk sighed. He barely meet HaRin, outside from home that is, because the two practically live together, but they got home in different times. Sometimes he found the girl had fallen asleep waiting for him on the couch, or sometimes he would crash on the couch due to fatigue. Their time never met.

“Then, let’s do it in Jeju Island!” Bobby exclaimed, clasping his hand together excitedly. “What Jeju Island?” DongHyuk asked. “We are going to Jeju Island for our Membership Training, hyung. Since this is our first Membership Training, and to cut expenses, we are going to have the training together with the TaeKwonDo Team. I think we are going to get through our physical training with their coach.” ChanWoo explained briefly.

“You heard him, DongHyuk? You are going to lose your ity in a week, so be prepared.”

 


 

The date of the Membership Training is settled. Both the TaeKwonDo team and the Dance Team will fly to Jeju Island this morning. EunAe, and of course, HaRin needs to arrive at the airport early because of some errands they need to do.  The wind blew slightly this morning, but it is enough to make the two girls shivers because of the cold. HaRin feels a light squeeze on her hand; she smiled seeing their intertwined fingers together.

“Cold?” DongHyuk stated, rubbing their palms together. EunAe only cringe watching the two. “Guys? I am right here? No PDA, please? Respect single people like me.” She scoffed jokingly. “Sounds like somebody we know.” HaRin and DongHyuk laugh it off. EunAe and HanBin’s reaction are far too similar.

“HaRin-ie, I almost forgot.” EunAe suddenly stops on her track, the couple follows suit. “Here. Please buy everything on the list. I don’t know what the boys like, but Bobby mentioned those things, so I just put it there. Oh! And here’s my card.” The older girl handed HaRin a list of things to buy; coffee and other things for breakfast. She reads the content and smiles. EunAe might look like a though girl that doesn’t give a about others, but actually, she pay attention to people around her a lot.

“I need to check in. Be quick okay? The others should be here soon.” EunAe smiled and then left. “What’s that?” DongHyuk peeks in to see the contains of the list on his girlfriend’s hand. “Things we need to buy. Coffee, breakfast burgers, other stuffs. Geez. EunAe really pay attention to details. Look.” She shoved the list to the guy beside her, while dragging him along to the café nearby.

“JinHyeong… Smoked chicken sandwich and caramel macchiato. ChanWoo… Ham sandwhich and cappuccino frappe, extra whip cream… HaRin… Just hash browns. DongHyuk… Any sandwhich without eggs –or anything that involves crabs in it— and green tea latte. Whoa. She even got mine right!” DongHyuk gasped, amazed that EunAe knows what his preference is.

Soon, the boys are evading the airport, making it looks crowded in a second. HaRin and DongHyuk are busy handing the others their breakfast while waiting for the Club President –EunAe that is—to come back.

“You buy this, HaRin?” One of the TaeKwonDo members, JinHyeong asked. “I did, but it was EunAe’s choice of menu and it was her money, so it’s her you need to thank later.” She smiled warmly at him, while DongHyuk just glare at the guy. “I told you before to not smile at other guys, didn’t I?” He gritted his teeth slightly. “What? Then how am I supposed to live if I am not allowed to smile? You need to smile to make your day better. Even when your life is ty, just smile.” HaRin answered back. DongHyuk ended up being lectured by the girl; he can only sigh desperately.

“Okay, now that everyone is here, I am going to hand you guys your tickets!” EunAe appeared, gaining everyone’s attention. The others suddenly make a line; a habit they do when the Club President is talking. “There are six guys and five girls from the TaeKwonDo team, seven from the dance team, so it makes eighteen in total. You guys already have your breakfast with you?” “Yes.” They all chorused. “Good. Now. I’m starting from the oldest. Kim JinHwan…”

 


 

EunAe’s plan for HaRin is simple. She just needs to sneak the younger to DongHyuk’s room and cooperate with his roommate—whoever it might be—to not go into their shared room for the night. The thing is, from all the rest of the guys there she can cooperate with, DongHyuk’s roommate has to be Kim HanBin.

Kim ing HanBin.

The number one guy she needs to avoid right now. Why can’t it be ChanWoo? Even if it’s the other guys from the dance team whom she hadn’t known for long, she can cooperate with them easily. Anyone but Kim HanBin.

EunAe let out a long sigh.

“Eonni! What are you doing just standing here? Not going to your room?” One of her juniors, Park ChaeYoung asked. “You got in the same room with HaRin-ie? It’s nice to share the room together. I need to be stuck with Jennie-eonni and Hanna-eonni for this whole week.” The younger one drops her shoulder down, sighing desperately. “Ya! I heard that!” ChaeYoung immediately runs away when she heard the other girl’s scream across the hall. “Aigoo~ That brat.” “Jennie-ya. Don’t be so hard on her.” EunAe chuckled. “Yes, Miss President!” Jennie gave her a playful salute, her lips forming a wide grin.

“Gather everyone in the lounge okay? Tell them to wear comfortable clothes and running shoes.” EunAe instructed as the two head to their rooms. “We are tracking now?”

“Why? You had a problem with it?”

“But… But we just arrived! Don’t you think we need to stroll around Jeju Island first? We should enjoy the scenery. Maybe we can meet a cute guy on the way.” Jenni giggles while EunAe just shook her head watching her friend’s act.

“Eiii~ You need to seriously find a boyfriend, Jennie-ya.”

“Then what about you?”

“Me?”

“Yeah. You are never involved in a serious relationship either. Who is that last guy you gone out with… Lee Jong…” “Lee JongSuk.” EunAe answered softly. “Yeah! He’s hot. Plus, he has a lot of money. He treats you well. Why won’t you date him then?” Jennie asked as the two make a turn at the corner of the hall. “I just… Don’t feel like he’s the one. There is nothing special when I hang around him.” The girl explains, taking the duplicate room card from her jacket pocket.

“Seriously? Then how about that other guy?” Jennie continued asking, standing on the door opposite of EunAe. “What other guy?” “That Kim HanBin guy. He seems to have the hots for you. I seriously need to know your secret on getting hot guys like that.” EunAe just chuckled; she doesn’t know what to say or how to respond to the other.

Kim HanBin. He has been the problem in her life lately.

Her mind always flies back to the night where they kissed. It was unintentional, of course. She just needed to get away from HongSeok. Never did she think before that one kiss could give a huge impact on her life; she got attached to the guy. Kissing HanBin supposed to be just another getaway. He is just another boy. Is he? Another guy EunAe can toy with. She is not supposed to get involved with anyone; not when her life is this tangled. She opened the door to her shared room with HaRin with a long sigh. She doesn’t want to think about it. She doesn’t want to think about him. At least not for now.

 


 

“Everybody here?” EunAe as the president of the TaeKwonDo Club asked; the others just answered tiredly with a mere low murmur of ‘Yes’.

“Why are you guys so down? You sleep a lot on the plain so don’t complain.” Her tone sounds firm; she always uses it when she is speaking on a forum like this.

“But… EunAe—I mean, President-nim—we just got here and…” “And what?” The girl cut the guy’s sentence, looking at him in the eye, waiting for him to continue.

“Yeo JinGoo.” She called the guy’s name. “Yes, President-nim.” “I’ve told you before –and so are the other guys—we need to be professional, okay? I am okay with you guys addressing me informally. Just EunAe is fine. But the trainers doesn’t like it, and I don’t want you guys to be punished just by silly things like this, so please address me as ‘President-nim’ and ‘Seonbae-nim’ for this whole week, okay? At least in front of the trainers, that is.” EunAe explained, while checking on the attendance list on her hand.

“This goes for the guys from the dance team too.” “WHUT?” “Yes, Bobby. The rule is implied on you guys too, since we are sharing the same trainer. Ask Hanna for the structure of senior-ship, and the name of the trainers. You guys will need this information.” She smiled.

“The reason why I want you guys to go tracking now is because the trainers are going to arrive here tonight, and he asked us to start training tomorrow morning at five.” “Five?” “Yes. Five in the morning, Choi JaeSuk. Since the dance team is not that familiar with our routine, I think we need to go tracking as a warm up. Any questions?” Her eyes scanned the room, watching her team mates’ solemn expression. “Since I am a nice President…” EunAe trails, making the others’ eyes light up in anticipation. “You guys are free to do whatever you want at Jeju Island after tracking is over…” The room is suddenly loud from cheering. They all hollered from excitement, glad that their President is tolerating enough.

“Good. Now start running!”

 


 

DongHyuk is running just fine, much to HaRin’s surprise. She thought he would lack a bit, but he can catch up with her just fine.

The breeze is hitting their skin, making the girl shiver. She hates cold the most. “I told you to wrap yourself in thick jackets, didn’t I?” She turns her head to the right, where the voice comes from. She watches the guy takes off his jacket and hands it for her to wear. “DongHyuk—” “No complaining, HaRin-ie. I don’t want you to get sick. No one is going to cook for me later.” “Ya!” She hits the guy’s arm playfully, slightly pouting.

“Yah! You two love birds, run!”

The two snaps their head to the voice coming from behind them; the girl is catching up with the two of them, not looking a tad tired from the long run. “EunAe~ Can’t you not be so strict for one day?” “No.” “Eonni~ Jebaal~” “Don’t you use your aegyo against me, Hwang HaRin. You know it will not work.” The younger girl drops her shoulder, disappointed that their President-nim is not affected even by bit.

“Look, even JunHoe ran past you guys. You two are too slow.” She continued, putting a mocking expression.

“EunAe-ya, hang out with me after this?” The mentioned guy called, turning his body around so he is facing the three of them, running backwards. “Call.” EunAe answered, slightly smiling while her feet run faster, catching up with JunHoe as they continue to chat lively.

“Heol. EunAe is seriously something else. I thought she has a fling with ChanWoo since they seems so close, and I am sure there is something going on between her and HanBin, but now she is that comfortable with JunHoe? Daebak.” HaRin clasp her hands together, amazed. She then rubs her palms against each other and breathes on to it. She hopes her hot breath will warm them up.

“Am I not enough for you then?” DongHyuk put his hand in front of his chest, looking hurt. “Kind of… HanBin, JunHoe, and ChanWoo combined together would be great. HanBin’s coldness, JunHoe’s hotness, plus ChanWoo’s innocence. Perfect combination!” HaRin chuckles.

“Ya! Hwang HaRin! How can you act this way to me?” DongHyuk stormed off, pretending to be mad. But HaRin herself knows that he can never stay mad at her for long.

“Aigoo~ Oppa, are you mad at me?” She runs faster to catch up with him, but the guy only quickens his pace.

“DongHyuk-ah! You know I only like you! Yaa~”

 


 

“You arrived?”

“Yes, Father.”

“Good. I have this deal you need to take care of.”

“But—”

“What did I say before about talking back?”

“I am sorry. I will go to the address you sent me.”

“Very well. I want a clean job, EunAe-ya.”

 


 

Author's Note:

Hey Guys~ Sorry for not updating for a while. Kkk.

Maybe you guys notice that there is this kind of short shot of scenes at the end of the chapter? I did one too at the end of Chapter 6. Well, I just want to troll around with you guys. Kkk. #SLAP

Actually, I want to give a little teaser of what might happen in the future. I know this 'EunAe' appearance some kind of distract HaRinxDongHyuk moments, but I did it because I have plans for all of them. *insert evil smirk here* Something is about to happen to the whole HaRin-DongHyuk-EunAe-HanBin relationship. Just wait and see~

EunAe seems to hold a lot of secrets, right?

Well, only time will give answers to that.

Also, maybe you noticed too that there is Jennie Kim in this chapter. Kkk. I wanted to add a female TaeKwonDo Member, so yeah~ There she is. I don't want to make her 'the bully' or 'the mean girl' or anything. So I made her character quite bubbly like that.

Choi JaeSuk is actually a character from the drama 'High School: Love On'. His real name is Kim YoungJae, '95 Liner.

Yeo JinGoo (this is his real name), he played the character of the young king (played by Kim SooHyun) in the drama 'Moon that Embraces the Sun'. He is a '97 Liner. He some kind reminds me of JinHyeong. They look kind of similar. Kkk.

Thank you for reading, guys! I love you all *throw hearts*