Brothers

Brothers

Brothers?

      “Hyung, are you okay?” asked Sungjong when he noticed that something is wrong with Sunggyu that day.

       “Uh? Yes.. yes I'm okay. Hurry up. We have another schedule after this,” Sunggyu answered and quicken his pace towards the van.

        There is something wrong with him. I need to find out what is it. Sungjong entered the van with questions in his head.

         “Sungjong-ah, what happened? You look distracted.”

         “Ah, Myungsoo hyung. Nothing. I’m okay. Hyung, don’t you think Sunggyu hyung is a bit different today?”

         “What do you mean?” asked Myungsoo, who started to pay more attention to the maknae.

         “He didn’t nag at us today. Dongwoo hyung and Woohyun hyung keep playing around but he just kept silent. He is not himself today.”

         The maknae’s words made Myungsoo realized something. Sunggyu did not do the ‘fighting’ thing that they usually do before any event. Indeed, something was wrong with Sunggyu.

         “Thank you hyung,” as soon as they reached their dorm, Sunggyu went straight into his room while the others stayed in the living room.

         “Dongwoo hyung, don’t you think that the leader is a bit weird today?” the same question was asked but it was from Hoya this time.

        “Weird?”

       “Yup, he didn’t say anything to us today. We did as we were told to but he didn’t even praise us like usual.”

      “Someone called me cool today and he didn’t say anything about it. He didn't pat my shoulder like he usually do when someone praises me,” Sungyeol added.

      “Is he? Wow, this is so serious. Should we ask him ourselves?” Woohyun did not like how Sunggyu always kept his problem to himself. “Let’s go.”

      

Kim Sunggyu POV

      Did they really feel annoyed with me? Am I too much? No, I think I was just doing my role as a leader and as the eldest in this group. But what if they really don’t want me to mind their business? Aish, I don't know. I think I’ll go to sleep by now. What are they doing right now? I miss talking with them like usual but I can’t. I don’t want them to hate me.

He cried. This is the first time he cried after he heard that words.

       “Can’t you just leave me alone hyung? I know what I am doing. You are not any better than me.” Yup, he did know Hoya said that because he was too amused with his acting but it hurt. He was trying to make sure that the members always remember their first goal once they become Infinite.

     “Don’t say like you understand my feelings. You are lucky to have such unique voice and talent. You do not understand how it is when everyone said you are lacking and Infinite is okay without you.” He knows that Sungyeol was too hurt to realize what he just said. He hated it when someone compared the members. They all have their own talent and their own charms.

     “Hyung, stop acting like you care so much about us when you don’t. “ The words blurted by the youngest really cause him to stop his action.

Am I? Am I just pretending to care for them when I do not really care? But, why did it hurt so much when something bad happened to the members? Don’t they care about him too?

 

End of Sunggyu POV

      Knock..knock..

      “Hyung, can we come in?”

      It’s Sungjong. “ Why? I am sleepy right now. We’ll talk tomorrow okay?” As usual, the members refused to listen to his words.

      “Sorry hyung. We really need to figure it out tonight.”

      “What is it Dongwoo?” Fortunately he was facing the wall so then can’t see his tears. He wiped the tears away and faced them. “What is so important?”

      “ Hyung, are you okay? Did something happen? Tell us. Don’t keep it yourself,” this time, it’s Woohyun.

      “I am okay. Why? What makes you think I’m not?”

      “ Hyung, we’ve been together for almost 3 years. We know when you are okay or when you are not.”

      They do? Should I ask them? Will they answer me?

      “Do you…” he stopped. Did not know whether he should continue or not.

      “What is it hyung? Tell us.”

      “Do you really feel annoyed with me? Do I make all of you uncomfortable when I ask too much? Do you really think that I am only pretending to care when I actually don’t?”

       He listed all his worries and what they did was just staring at him. Soon, one by one started to hug him. He was a bit startled at first.

       “Ya! What are you guys doing? It’s okay if you cannot answer it. “

        “ Stupid hyung.Can’t you see how much we love your nag? How much we hope that you are there for us every time we have problems. How can you say that we are annoyed with you?” Woohyun started to tear.

       “But..”

        “Hyung, is it because what I said earlier? I’m sorry hyung. I know why I choose to be in Infinite and I will never choose acting instead of Infinite.You know how much I love to dance. I’m sorry. I guess I hurt you with my answer.” Sunggyu can see how the younger one regreted everything he said to him.

        “Hyung, I’m sorry for what I told you last night. I know it wasn’t your fault when I do not have talent but you do. Just, it hurts hyung.” The ‘choding’ really cried this time. He must really have been hurt inside.

       “Sungyeol-ah, I know it hurts to hear those comments but you should be confident with yourself. We know you much more that other people know you. You have so many talents. You can act and you complete the harmonies of Infinite. You are so bright and your shine makes people look at you. Your ‘chodingness’ bring happiness to others. They are not someone important for you to take their words seriously. Do you understand?”

       “Hyung, we love you. Please don’t ignore us. You don’t know how much we miss you today.”

      “I know.. I know.. but can all of you let go of me? I can’t breathe,” asked Sunggyu pretending.

     “Hehe.. sorry hyung.”

     “Let’s go to sleep now. We still have our schedule tomorrow,” said Sunggyu.

     All the members started to leave the room when suddenly Myungsoo hugged the leader.

       “Hyung, thanks for being our leader. Even 10 years from now, I still want you to lead us. Thank you for taking care of us until now. I hope you can share you though with us.”

       Then, all of them started to hug the leader again. “Hyung, we are brothers. Whatever happened, never give up on us okay hyung?” Their words make Sunggyu smile. That night, they slept with the memories of being brothers for 3 years.

        Many things happened this past three years and they faced it together. They started from a small company and they worked hard to become what they are now.  The tough life makes their relationship stronger each day. They promise to stay together forever.  As long as they are together, nothing can break them down. Whatever happened, they have the members to support their back. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I made this recently but it doesn't make sense if this happen nowadays because we know how Infinite members love each other.So I wrote there 3 years. Thanks for reading.